Re: Walter Trout in need of help

Maybe it´s a bit to political, but - how can anyone reed this and be against "Obamacare"???

I live in Austria and here it would be IMPOSSIBLE, that a needful operation like this wouldn´t be done because of less money!

63000 already half of the money needed is in after 2 days! Shows the love for Walter, now the other half! Thank to all who donated, you're the best.

Ian916 wrote:

I can’t believe the change in appearance of the great artist:

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundra … lp-/151911

- looks like he is in urger need of help here.

Joe "twittered": If you can please help out our friend and mine Walter Trout in his fight and time of need.
www.youcaring.com (link above) Get well soon, Walter!

Actually 1353 supporters of the fundraising, amount: 75 811 Dollars (of 125 000)

Walter is the mentor of my friend in Blues Ian Parker. I am teaching religious instruction (among others)and am including Walter in my prayers during my lessons at school. I don`t own a transplantation agreement but in the case of my death I would give Walter my liver...

I reached out to a friend of mine who is a HUGE Walter fan but not a big internet guy. He was unaware of Walter's 'Current Situation'.

He is in high gear and contacted the Scottish Rite Auditorium in Collingswood, NJ to possibly run a fundraiser for Walter. Scottish Rite is willing to do this. Walter was born in NJ and lived in Collingswood, some of his high school friends are still in the Collingswood area. Some of you may know his song Collingswood, about growing up with an abusive, alcoholic father. When Walter played this song in Collingswood a few years back, he broke down in tears. (Wooders made a comment about passing judgment on Walter's past-sometimes one would have to walk a mile in another man's shoes to understand how they got to their 'Current Situation') Just saying...

So my friend is headed to see the Hendrix Experience tonight in PA. He has previously had contact with Kenny Wayne Shepherd's dad for StringsforaCURE. I told him to get all the musicians to put Walter's link out on social media. He talks to everyone, he will get the word out!!

He is trying to get musicians to gather for a night in Collingswood to play and raise money. This can be difficult with touring schedules and the emergency of Walter's condition. My suggestion with touring conflicts etc. to those musicians who may want to help...skim off a little of a designated show's proceed to donate to Walter, if so inclined. (I know restaurants do this for groups that dine for a cause, the restaurant donates a % of what money was generated from the group.)

Sending GOOD VIBES to Walter!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Pray hard and donate generously.  My wife and son were both saved by kidney transplants.  Transplants are a miracle. They are on the verge of some other alternatives for liver transplants but it won't be in time to help Walter. I will praying hard that he will get a matching organ.  We have to help this man!

I am praying that Walter gets the transplant.How one can cope with that being that your life's on the edge with 90 days

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

25 (edited by andre wittebroek 2014-03-23 04:52:43)

121.000 in just 4 days. Unbelievable. Glad to see they are so many good people, media wants you to be believe something else when you watch them.

Only 4000 left for the 125.000 goal. If it turns out to get more, remember : it will cost more to recover after the operation. So if you want to donate, keep donating please. THANK you all!!

I don't know how many of you have checked the updates on the donation site - there was a good news/bad news message from Walter's wife Marie. The good: since being hospitalized, Walter's overall condition has stabilized somewhat and he will be able to go home - at least for now and with 24 hour care. The bad: because of this, he gets bumped further down the list of those waiting for a transplant. He still needs a transplant, and still within the 90 day period, but available livers go first to those in the most serious condition.

Lee wrote:

The bad: because of this, he gets bumped further down the list of those waiting for a transplant. He still needs a transplant, and still within the 90 day period, but available livers go first to those in the most serious condition.

Thanks for the update Lee not sure that is bad news if you are suffering worse than Walter, (I am sure that you did not mean it that way) -  medicine has to deal with worst effected first. Good news that Walter is doing a bit better, as long as that does not slow down the donations.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Smashed the $125,000 over the week-end, currently standing at $133,600. To be hoped that Walter's eventual recovery goes as well.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

The Wolf wrote:

Maybe it´s a bit to political, but - how can anyone reed this and be against "Obamacare"???

I live in Austria and here it would be IMPOSSIBLE, that a needful operation like this wouldn´t be done because of less money!

I agree, I live in Germany and I find the US healthcare system absolutely crazy, scary, shocking. But I'm sure we're not meant to be political on this forum so I suppose we just have to button our lips and watch in utter bewilderment.

http://youtu.be/btiS6ijncMk

New CD

This fund-raising event has been brought to my attention via the Aynsley Lister forum:-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walter-Trout-Ch … 3cdf108e98

Special charity auction of effects pedals, proceed to Walter Trout.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Was at a Popa Chubby Concert on Monday (real great, almost 3 hours) and there was a box for donations for Walter Trout.
The owner of the club gave everbody, who left more than 10 € (about 12 or 13$)in the Box, a new book about blues. A lot of books...
After the show, I asked Popa Chubby, if he know´s any news - he said "No good news".

Let´s hope...

The Wolf wrote:

Was at a Popa Chubby Concert on Monday (real great, almost 3 hours) and there was a box for donations for Walter Trout.
The owner of the club gave everbody, who left more than 10 € (about 12 or 13$)in the Box, a new book about blues. A lot of books...
After the show, I asked Popa Chubby, if he know´s any news - he said "No good news".

Let´s hope...

Thanks for posting that Wolf and the wonderful thing they did for Walter.  Hoping good thoughts for him.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

While updating the London Gig Guide I've noticed that there is a benefit concert for Walter at one of the many venues I've seen him play at a few times, the 02 Shepherds Bush Empire on Sunday, 4th May.

No artists have been announced so far but tickets are on sale on Monday and brief details are here.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

I just read that his Vinyl new album release, Deep Trout, will go forward, limited to 2K copies. There also is a sale of some of his pedals and gear coming up.
Still praying for his recovery.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Great idea lets hope for good turnout Sunday night is a good idea as well