1 (edited by Bluemac 2014-02-26 07:17:43)

Topic: Düsseldorf setlist and review(s)

This has been posted online as the setlist from last night in Düsseldorf. I wasn't there, but I'm assuming it's correct:

Acoustic set:

Woke Up Dreaming
Seagull
(Bad Company cover)
Jelly Roll
(Charles Mingus cover)
Black Lung Heartache
Around the Bend
Jockey Full of Bourbon
(Tom Waits cover)
Ball Peen Hammer
(Chris Whitley cover)
Athens to Athens

Electric set:

Hey Baby
(Premiere: First time ever)
Oh Beautiul
Dust Bowl
Who's Been Talking
(Howlin’ Wolf cover)
Midnight Blues
(Gary Moore cover)
Slow Train
Driving Towards the Daylight
Love ain't a love song
Sloe Gin
(Tim Curry cover)
The Ballad of John Henry

Encore:

Django
Mountain Time

Even fools say something worthwhile now and again

Re: Düsseldorf setlist and review(s)

It was a brilliant show, it was very varied. Great hall, 5500 people, good sound and a band having great fun. First show of 2014 and they did such a good job. Very varied show. New songs sounded great.
A must see for sure!!

that looks great.....................waiting even more for friday now.
Thomas

Great show, indeed! And very long for a Joe show. Acoustic set 50 minutes and electric set around 1 hour 40 minutes. And we got the full acoustic band from the acoustic tour in Europe. So we got two bands and a lot of different music and styles. The sound of the acoustic set was better in Mainz, but the electric set (with Lenny Castro all the time sittin´in)was very clear and strong.
It was an outsold show. Great new songs and some of the older were played different, but brilliant. Only the audience were a bit lame, maybe because some people were surprised by the wonderful acoustic set.

Wow, 3 brand new songs!! Can't wait to hear them. Sounds like a fantastic show! Thanks so much for reviews, been dying to know what's going on over there smile Hope someone gets video of some of the new stuff.

6 (edited by andre wittebroek 2014-02-26 10:06:54)

You forgot an acoustic song Bluemac:

Stones In My Passway ,
it was between Jockey Full Of Bourbon and Ball Peen Hammer

I recorded  Love Ain't A Love Song but don't know how to put on You Tube/ faceBook. Will see if someone can help me out.

Oh boy, here we go!!!! So exciting!!!!!!  cool
Anxious to hear new songs, too!!!!  smile
Something to beat the cold winter blues  wink

Go Get 'em Joe!!!!!
                       pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Boy, that's a long show! Looks like we get our money's worth.  I'm excited to hear the new songs too, so I get a feel for the new CD. Andre, I know your wife will help you share that video wink Glad to hear the tour started with a bang!

andre wittebroek wrote:

You forgot an acoustic song Bluemac:

Stones In My Passway ,
it was between Jockey Full Of Bourbon and Ball Peen Hammer

I recorded  Love Ain't A Love Song but don't know how to put on You Tube/ faceBook. Will see if someone can help me out.

Thanks Andre - as I wasn't there I wasn't sure whether the list was correct/complete or not.

Even fools say something worthwhile now and again

Thanks for the review! I'll send the son a note to see if he can get those new songs recorded from his front row seat in Berlin. Wow, I can hardly wait.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Joe told the audience because this was the first show in 2014 he bought:     new shoes and trousers!!!

I agree with all said before: the Dusseldorf audience was a bit lame or just totally speechless and in awe …

To start with the acoustic set: lack of words !!! just WOW !!! Pure magic. I feel fortunate to have seen so fantastic musicians. Absolute brilliant acoustic set. Loved every single song. Even "Jelly Roll" one of the songs I normally skip was mind-blowing. And Athens to Athens : have never heard it better. And Seagull. And and and lol

Then a short intermission and on to the electric set where we were surprised first of all with a new song. WOW. Light show flashed a bit too much during the first song. But who cares about light. Band was better then ever before and the new songs as well as the old ones were presented totally fresh. Absolutely amazing. During the electric set Joe played some solos not of this world.
I had no idea that about 5.000 people could be silent as a stone … most of the time all the people just leaned back and listened … amazing. There were a few issues with the speakers at least at the right side. So it wasn't the concert with the best sound ever but nevertheless a world class concert of Joe and all his band members.

Thanks Joe & Band for a unique concert experience in Dusseldorf lol

Bonabuddies be prepared that the 2014 show is one of the best ever.
Have fun and have your recording devices ready when the electric set starts lol

Agree Blues Sissi!!

No vids of these new songs?

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

I hear you Guido . Are there any video's out there of the new songs  ?  This band does an amazing job of keeping this show fresh .  They are on the road all the time . I see two shows a year and each show is tremendous .   

guido wrote:

No vids of these new songs?