Topic: Midnight Blues Live @ The Beacon (Full Song Tab)

I just wanted to inform everyone that I will be posting the full tabs for the entire version of this song here within the next week or so

Re: Midnight Blues Live @ The Beacon (Full Song Tab)

That must have been a lot of hard work, always wanted to learn that version.

You are wonderful! Thank you!

Cool!  Always a treat to try out another tune of Joe's.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Django2013 wrote:

I just wanted to inform everyone that I will be posting the full tabs for the entire version of this song here within the next week or so

Can't wait!  I have been listening to the beacon theater double CD non-stop lately.  I have the Royal Albert Hall version of Django/Mountain Time down pretty good, but lately I have begun messing around with Midnight Blues.  It will be good to see your take.  I can't find any tabs of JB's version, only Gary Moore's original.

I just watched the DVD and now I"m beginning to wonder what's missing if the CD is a double one??????

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

rubyjt wrote:

I just watched the DVD and now I"m beginning to wonder what's missing if the CD is a double one??????

I'm not telling.  Research.  yikes wink smile

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
rubyjt wrote:

I'm not telling.  Research.  yikes wink smile

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

What?

Another words, that DVD is missing a lot of songs! LOL Damn

Berthold Auerbach

like they didnt include songs that he performed at those 2 concerts?

No, not all of them. They do that sometimes. But we have 3 other DVD's from London where he does perform the songs that were missing. Good thing there are so many DVD's to choose from!

Berthold Auerbach

hello everyone, sorry i have not gotten around to posting the tabs as i promised, i have been very busy lately, i will do my best to get them up here in the next week or two

Django2013 looking forward to your transcription. I'm about 80% there on it. I received my Van Weelden Royal OD last week so it had motivated me to learn some more. Got the tone and it's very inspiring!

14 (edited by Django2013 2014-04-19 11:11:30)

Ok so heres the intro, im going to post this in parts over the next week or two

repeat this twice (not the whole thing, just this first block)
(---8------------------------------------------8------------------------------------------)
(---8------------------------------------------8-----------------8-----------------------)
(---8-----------------8-----------------------8-----------------8-----------------------)
(--10--------8--10-----10-------8--10---10--------8--10-----10---------8--10---)
(--------10-------------------10------------------10--------------------10------------)
(------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

(-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------13--15--18--15--13------------------)
(--11-----------------------------------------------8--8--11b13r11b13r11b14r11---------13--16-----------------------------16--13--------)
(--------10b12--10--8--10--8h10--8h10--8-------------------------------------------15--------------------------------------------------15--)
(--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

(-----------------13--15--15----------------------------------------------18b20--18p15--18--18--18b20--18--15--18--20--18--15--)
(--13--15b16-----------------16--15b16r15--13--------13h15p13-------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(----------------------------------------------------------15--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

(-----------------18-------------------------------------------8--10--10b11--10pb11r10p8-------------------11------------------8---)
(--18p16-------------18b20r18--16--------------------8---------------------------------------8-----11b13-------11pb13r11---8---)
(------------17---------------------------17-----------8---------------------------------------------8----------------------------------8---)
(---------------------------------------------------10-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

(-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(-----------------------------------------------------------8-----------------------)
(-----------------8-----------------------8----------------8-----------------------)
(--------8--10------10-------8--10-------------8--10-----10--------8--10---)
(---10--------------------10----------------10--------------------10------------)
(-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

ok so that gets you through from the start of the song up until the vocals come in, ill be posting from the beginning of the first verse up until the beginning of the solo in my next post, i recommend listening to the song a few times through and watching the dvd to get an idea for how he embelishes the notes hes playing with vibrato or plucking them with his thumb.

ok here is the first verse up to the solo.

(-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(---8-----------------------------------------8--------------------------------------9-----------------9----------------------)
(---8-----------------8----------------------8----------------8--------------------10-------8--10------10-------8--10---)
(--10--------8--10-----10-------8--10--10-------8--10-----10------8--10--10--10--------------------10------------)
(--------10-------------------10----------------10------------------10------------------------------------------------------)
(--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

(-------------------------------------------------------------------8-------------------------------------------------11--11pb13r11--8---------)
(---8------------------------------------------4--8------------9-------------------------------------------11b13--------------------------8-----)
(---8-----------------8------------------------------------10----------------------8-----------------------------------------------------------8--)
(--10--------8--10------10-------8--10/-----------10-----------------8--10-------10--------8--10------------------------------------------)
(--------10--------------------10------------------------------------10---------------------10---------------------------------------------------)
(-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

(----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------9------------------------)
(-----------------8----------------------------------------8-----------------------------8--10------10--------8--10----)
(--------8--10------10-------8--10-----------8--10------10--------8--10----10---------------------10-------------)
(--10---------------------10--------------10---------------------10------------------------------------------------------)
(----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

(-----------------------------------------------------------------------8------------------------------------------)
(---------------------------------------------4----8--------------9-----------------------------------------------)
(-----------------8------------------------------------------10--------------------------8-----------------------)
(--------8--10------10--------8--10/-----5---------10----------------------8--10------10---------8--10--)
(--10---------------------10----------------------------------------------10---------------------10------------)
(-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

(----------10--10-------10---8-----------------------------8------------------------------------10---------------)
(------------------------------------8---------8--11b13---------8-------------8------------------------13-------)
(--8/10------------10-----------------8--8--------------------------11/10-------8------------------------------)
(-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10------------------------)
(-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
(-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

thatll get you up to the solo, the next installment will be the entire solo, id love to get some feedback as to what everyone thinks of this so far

thank you for your feedback, and i'm sorry all that I didnt provide a key to go along with this.

b- just stands for bend, so in the case of 11b13, thats just 11th fret, bent up a whole step.

r- is release so if you have 11b13r11 that is 11 bent up a whole step and then release.

pb- is pre-bend, so if you have 11pb13 you are pre bending the string before you strike the note.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask so that i could clarify

Right so far

Thanks. Looks bob on to me too. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)