Topic: June 16th Deansboro, NY show with Willie Nelson

A big hello to Joe Bonamassa and Joe's fans,
    My name is Dave Kelly (age 42) and I live in Whitesboro, NY.  I hadn't seen a review of Joe's show at MKJ Farm in Deansboro, NY a couple of nights ago....so I thought that I would start a new thread.  For those that don't know, Deansboro is not that far away from Joe's hometown of Yorkville (approx. 20-25 miles).  The entire show featured 5 bands...Joe was 3rd after a local band called Dubonnet.  There was approximately 2,000 people there (maybe more) at this venue which was a working farm not too long ago.  The response was good by the crowd overall...of course, there's definitely a difference in musical genres between Joe and Willie Nelson.  Most of the people in attendance were in their 40's to 60's.  I even saw quite a few people in their 70's and 80's!  Anyway....Joe played fantastic!  I think that most people there were definitely impressed with his masterful guitar playing skills.  The set list was as follows:  Bridge to Better Days, Walk in my shadows, Blues Deluxe, Mountain Time, Another Kind of Love, Sloe Gin, Highwater Everywhere, If Heartaches where nickles, Woke Up Dreaming, and Just Got Paid.  Overall, I was very impressed with Joe and thought that he put on a great show.  I was a little disappointed with the crowd response at first, because it's so close to Joe's hometown.  But, I guess that many of the older people who were there solely for Willie Nelson may not have heard of Smokin Joe, or maybe didn't know too much about him.  But...it didn't take long for people to realize that Joe Bonamassa is the REAL DEAL, and that he's that DAMN GOOD!  Oh...by the way, Willie Nelson played pretty good too.  LOL.  It was definitely a great night of music (approx. 6 hours total)!  I can't wait for August 29th when Smokin Joe plays the Saranac Brewery in Utica, NY (that's only a few miles from Joe's hometown).  He's going to crush 'em that night!  Straight ahead cranking blues done right....the Smokin Joe way!!!  I hope that everyone can make it!  Talk to you later,  Dave K.

Re: June 16th Deansboro, NY show with Willie Nelson

Hey Dave, thanks for posting your review of the show with Willie.  When I saw that Joe was playing with Willie, I was wondering what the crowd would be like.  It's seem like a good way to win some new fans over by playing with some different genre artists...

Music is good for the Soul...