Topic: Joe's show at the Newport Blues Cafe - 6/12

Hello!
I was lucky enough to catch Joe's show last night in Newport and was blown away.  I would love to get a recording of this show if possible.  there was a guy there who recorded it and seemed to have a pretty good setup.  A good friend of mine, who turned me on to Joe, was not able to come with us to the show and I would love for him to hear it.

Can anyone tell me if that recording is available and if so, how to get it?

Thanks a bunch!

Rock on Joe!!!

Regards,

Dan

Re: Joe's show at the Newport Blues Cafe - 6/12

did you talk to the guy and ask him for a copy or where to get a copy ?

DMSan wrote:

Hello!
I was lucky enough to catch Joe's show last night in Newport and was blown away.  I would love to get a recording of this show if possible.  there was a guy there who recorded it and seemed to have a pretty good setup.  A good friend of mine, who turned me on to Joe, was not able to come with us to the show and I would love for him to hear it.

Can anyone tell me if that recording is available and if so, how to get it?

Thanks a bunch!

Rock on Joe!!!

Regards,

Dan

No.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to.  Total bummer.  It was such a great show.  Hopefully, I'll find the guy here.

Hey, I was at this show last night as well.

Best live performance I've seen, hands down.  The only criticism I had was the phrase "I'm Joe Bonamassa from Los Angeles!"  We know you're from NY!

There's not much to say about it that the people on this message board don't know.  One of the best guitar players out there doing his thing with rock solid accompaniment in a tiny venue.  I have no idea how musicians of this caliber wind up playing restaurants, but from a selfish perspective I'm really glad they do.

Hats off to JB for rocking this solo career.  I just love the music, and I guess that's what matters.

Welcome, New Englanders! I cringed when they introduced Joe from L.A., also! Oh well, he's bicoastal now! I'm betting the tape will show up....Cathy

That's so funny that you guys say that.  I was with a friend from NY and he said the same thing.  Too funny!

I agree, I don't know how a band like this can only be playing to rooms that hold 250 people????

However, catch those shows while you can because I think he is about to launch big time.  His new producer has worked with some big names like Aerosmith and he even did the engeneering on "How the West was Won".  His new CD coming out in August is suppose to be awesome.  Pretty soon we'll be paying $75 to see him at the Tweeter Center, 200 yards away instead of 10 feet. 

By the way - I just downloaded his show from Bull's Run last week in Shirley.  very similar set.  grab it while you can!

7 (edited by danny-o 2007-06-13 22:01:47)

You know, I tried to get tickets to his show at the Bull Run back in February or March (months ahead of time), and they were sold out!  Or at least they said they were.  I waffled over whether to go to this one in Newport, since I live about 2 hours away and have to work in the morning, blah blah blah.  Finally checked on a lark to see if any were available just a couple weeks ago and was really happy to find that it was still open, I didn't expect tickets to be for sale at all.

Glad you like the show.  I know what you mean about being from some place.  We have lived in many different places, and when people ask me where I am from, I say originally FROM Atlanta but LIVE in Charlotte.  Big difference... But not matter what Joe says it doesn't change anything about his music.  Also, Joe had said on an interview that he would like to play the theatres most of the time.

Music is good for the Soul...

Excellent show indeed. I saw him there last year as well.......lets hope this is an annual gig.

I was ready to fork over $80 to see him open with Willie Nelson at the PPAC the next night, but then he added this show. Had a nice seat directly in front of him by the bar and against the wall.Getting beers was no problem but the bathroom run was an adventure.