Re: Jumbo frets. Anyone try them?

Logo33 wrote:

Awesome - thanks Nic.

On a completely different note, let me know next time you visit Cleveland and want to go to the rock and roll hall of fame. I have some contacts there that could give you a private tour through the vaults.

Logan

LOVE TO!

Logo33 wrote:

I guess another problem is that I don't really know if I have a heavy or light touch... I don't really know how to compare it. I don't really have a set preference when it comes to necks because I just pick it up and play it. Being to thick or too thin is about the most that I even really notice.

I have a heavy touch with my fretting hand. almost to the point where I cannot play fast because of it. I need to be careful that I don't push down too hard to make notes sharp. I don't know how to train my fingers to not push down so hard, but I learned how to play when I was 12 and had to try pushing down hard to make the notes sound good. As I grew up, I kept the same mentality hmm

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: Jumbo frets. Anyone try them?

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Logo33 wrote:

Awesome - thanks Nic.

On a completely different note, let me know next time you visit Cleveland and want to go to the rock and roll hall of fame. I have some contacts there that could give you a private tour through the vaults.

Logan

LOVE TO!

Logo33 wrote:

I guess another problem is that I don't really know if I have a heavy or light touch... I don't really know how to compare it. I don't really have a set preference when it comes to necks because I just pick it up and play it. Being to thick or too thin is about the most that I even really notice.

I have a heavy touch with my fretting hand. almost to the point where I cannot play fast because of it. I need to be careful that I don't push down too hard to make notes sharp. I don't know how to train my fingers to not push down so hard, but I learned how to play when I was 12 and had to try pushing down hard to make the notes sound good. As I grew up, I kept the same mentality hmm

Nic, pressing down on the fretboard can actually be "cured" or tweaked by running scales to a metronome.  start slow, and then go up in speed 2 bpm each time.  In order to keep up with the metronome you will have to adjust the fretting technique.  Maybe it is because I first started playing classical guitar, but there was a huge emphasis on the position of the thumb on the fretting hand.  that should be the "anchor" for the fretting hand, not the fingers.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD