Topic: I guess he's not going away!

Thank God for that! You'll see what I mean after reading this article.
http://www.columbusdispatch.com/dispatc … 6TUSE.html

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: I guess he's not going away!

Hey Bill, thanks for the link.  You always seem to find some interesting articles. 

I thought that this was an interesting comment:
"When I switched bands almost two years ago," said Bonamassa, who lives in Los Angeles, "it was a new inspiration, and it required a bigger sound out of me because I had to keep up with everybody. Les Paul suited the music and the direction I was going a lot better. I don't even remember how to play a Strat anymore."

I thought Joe was still using a strat on at least one song on the current setlist.

Music is good for the Soul...

Thanks for posting the link to this article, Bill, and thanks to one of our very own Columbus street teamers for his good work in helping to make the interview happen.  Much, much appreciated!  See you tonight.

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

BluesMan wrote:

Hey David,

I guess we kind of think alike. We were typing almost at the same time (see above).....LOL!

Hey BluesMan, it seems that quote got both of us, that's funny... take care

Music is good for the Soul...

Hey, When he says he doesn't know how people hear of him, Melissa, remind him he has an excellent Street Team!!!!!!!

Hey, I'm just a fan of a big guitar tone. It doesn't really matter what you use, I guess. Stevie used a Strat with huge friggin' strings. Billy Gibbons used a Les Paul with 9s on it. Personally, I just bought an Ibanez Artcore AG semihollowbody that I would put up against any guitar outside of the vintage stuff. Oh well.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

yeah, I thought Joe used a strat on django recently.  though that whole SRV not a primary influence is recent talk.  Listen to the live walk in my shadows, so its like that or you upset me baby, all more than influenced by SRV.  I like how Joe is differentiating himself from KWS and Wes Jeans and those guys by embracing the British influences. Something different and exciting in today's blues market.  I liked Joe's strat playing though, especially during Bloodline.  In my opinion it was his most original and unique sound.  I can't wait to hear the new album!

8 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-06-08 12:09:10)

"He instead wields a Gibson Les Paul, an instrument for those who inject much rock into their blues -- including Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Ace Frehley of Kiss and Slash of Guns N' Roses."

YEAH! the meat and potatoes of the LesPaul players.  I would've said Jimi Page instead of Billy Gibbons, but ever since I can remember I've seen Ace and Slash wielding LesPauls. On RARE occaissons you'd see Ace with a doubleneck SG or even an explorer... Slash plays a BC Rich from time to time. I don't know what I wanted more - their guitar or their sound.  I still dont have their sound, but I got a Les Paul and my own sound.

On strats? I have one - it is a good "switch-it-up" guitar. They do have their sound. Howver I feel like my LesPaul plays by itself sometimes. Having the push/pull coil tap and in/out phase makes the LP as versatile as a strat, but with a different flavor of course. smile

At age 14, I must've spent hours practicing the solo of ZZ Top's "LaGrange" to get that artificial pinch harmonic down. Zakk Wylde, another LP player does the same harmonic thing alot even to his riffs like on No More Tears. Fun Fun kids...

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Deezer wrote:

Hey, I'm just a fan of a big guitar tone. It doesn't really matter what you use, I guess. Stevie used a Strat with huge friggin' strings. Billy Gibbons used a Les Paul with 9s on it. Personally, I just bought an Ibanez Artcore AG semihollowbody that I would put up against any guitar outside of the vintage stuff. Oh well.

I think Gibbons actually used 8's on his guitars- said he learned it from BB King...

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

THat further proves my point, then. I think it just goes to prove that the tone is in the fingers.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

David A. wrote:

Hey Bill, thanks for the link.  You always seem to find some interesting articles. 

I thought that this was an interesting comment:
"When I switched bands almost two years ago," said Bonamassa, who lives in Los Angeles, "it was a new inspiration, and it required a bigger sound out of me because I had to keep up with everybody. Les Paul suited the music and the direction I was going a lot better. I don't even remember how to play a Strat anymore."

I thought Joe was still using a strat on at least one song on the current setlist.

Django

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"