Topic: Hi From Jan

Hi ya all,

My name is Jan and i'm from holland.
At this time I just got 18 years old.
The first time i heard an album from Joe was in 2005, when i heard A New Day Yesterday Live (with the bonus DVD)... I was in a music store looking for a DVD of Stevie Ray Vaughan but all they had where dvd's i already got, so the owner of the store said to me that he had just got in something else and he tought i would liked it... so he put the cd on and i was sold... it was just like DAMN.. that sound.. who is this?? and from that point on I started listning to Joe Bonamassa...

Now a day's I've seen Joe playing live 2 times last year... once with his own tour in Amsterdam and once playing before BB King in Rotterdam... I loved it at the concert of BB King.. They where playing a song.. can't realy remember witch one (shamed) but in the middle of the corus they did a pause of just a second.. but i didn't counted on that one so i was singing the longs out of my body and all of a sudden my voice was the only thing you heard in the whole stadium tongue that was kinda nice.. but i don't think that Joe would remember something (Hoping he did and i would meet him someday just in person and he'd remembered that tongue)

I'm really someone with a big taste of music... I like Blues, rock, metal, R&B, Hip-hop, soul and sometimes Trance (DJ Tiesto and Armin van Buren)... but the music i like the most is old rock and blues music... like Going home from Ten Years After, Stranglehold by Ted Nugent, Blue Jean Blues by ZZ Top, Maggot Brain by Funkadellic and many more... but this kind of music is the kind I never see on television here in holland.. All i see are band like Panic at the Disco and R&B/Hip-Hop songs... this is not what i want to see... I want to see Joe on screen playing Mountain Time, Miss you Hate you or Burning hell...

Well I think i have wrote enough of me right now... i'm at school and have to go futher with my work.

I love to be here,
Greetz,
JB

Re: Hi From Jan

Jan,
You have good taste in music. And your last name is Bonamassa too?

One thing that always puzzled me was why Tarzan didn't have a beard.

Welcome aboard Jan, it is really nice to see more and more young people turned on to Joe.  I don't think Joe would remember your singing, but you never know, he has a great memory.  Hope you are going to be able to catch some more Joe shows this summer.  Spread the word...

Music is good for the Soul...

Young JB..Welcome to the forum. It's always great when we get another young'in! Keep the faith and slowly convert your friends. Years from now, when us oldies are gone , you'll be taking people to see this "old" blues player you've followed for years named Joe Bonamassa. That makes me happy! And, if you meet others your age who say thier parents locked them away until they learned to play Joe, you can say you knew those parents from this forum!                        Cathy

Hello Jan,

Again a "Hollander" new at the forum. Very nice! I am a new member myself and also from Holland. Welcome to you. It is great that you like Joe's music. I have two daughters. One of 22 and one of 15. The yougest one is coming to Paradiso too. We had to force her a little because she is of the MTV, TMF generation and thinks
Joe's music is a bit for the oldies.  But, she likes "Miss you, hate you" and Joe's skills are so impressive that I'm sure she will have a great time! Will you be there too? Maybe with friends of your age?
Have a good weekend!

Thanks you all for the nice replay's big_smile and no my last name isn't Bonamassa... its Bodt (also with a B.. so it's still JB ;-) )
and Yes ofcourse i'm going to paradiso at the 12th of october.. i'm going with my girlfriend and some friends (that i'm trying to learn to love the music of Joe.. so far it's working pretty good... and my girlfriend has also been with me to the other 2 shows i've been to in a half year in paradiso and the ahoy)

here in holland, people now a days, don't appreciate real music anymore.. everything is made with the computer and such, but i love it big_smile... i'm playing guitar to and hope to be as good as Joe someday.. i want to learn to play more songs of Joe too but there still a little bit hard for me... even my guitar teacher had problems finding out how he play's the songs.

I hope one day i will see Joe on MTV or TMF... i want to be responsible for that a little bit but i don't think they are realy intrested in that kind of music... :-( but i will trie someday... only dont know when and how... :-( we have to bring the blues back to life here in holland caus when i go to a show of Joe, i only see older people or some jong people who are there with there parents.. i want to see more jonger people tongue i hope my dream will become true someday.

Jan.Bonamassa wrote:

Thanks you all for the nice replay's big_smile and no my last name isn't Bonamassa... its Bodt (also with a B.. so it's still JB ;-) )
and Yes ofcourse i'm going to paradiso at the 12th of october.. i'm going with my girlfriend and some friends (that i'm trying to learn to love the music of Joe.. so far it's working pretty good... and my girlfriend has also been with me to the other 2 shows i've been to in a half year in paradiso and the ahoy)

here in holland, people now a days, don't appreciate real music anymore.. everything is made with the computer and such, but i love it big_smile... i'm playing guitar to and hope to be as good as Joe someday.. i want to learn to play more songs of Joe too but there still a little bit hard for me... even my guitar teacher had problems finding out how he play's the songs.

I hope one day i will see Joe on MTV or TMF... i want to be responsible for that a little bit but i don't think they are realy intrested in that kind of music... :-( but i will trie someday... only dont know when and how... :-( we have to bring the blues back to life here in holland caus when i go to a show of Joe, i only see older people or some jong people who are there with there parents.. i want to see more jonger people tongue i hope my dream will become true someday.

Jan,
I think we all hope your dream will come true someday (about more younger people attending Joe shows...I'm not sure about the MTV thing).

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hallo Jan,

Forgot to welcome you from faraway Winterswijk!!
Have a nice time on the forum, just as I have for 3 years at least.

Might see you in Paradiso together with many European Bonafans. We'll all have contact in time.

Andre Wittebroek.

Hi jan.
Great to have you on board and great to see another "young" blues-Joe lover.
I myself am 24yrs old. Would be great if you came to Paradiso.And keep on promoting Joe!!

Greetz

hi Jan Welcom  to the Club ...see ya in Amsterdam
Greetz out of germany
Geko...;)

Thank you Thank you big_smile

i will be in paradiso, thats for sure big_smile:D

Hey Andre Wittebroek, someone from winterswijk.. that little village at the border that isn't that little as most people think it is tongue... every weekend i'm in hengelo (overijsel) but a good friend of me had a girl in winterswijk and came there almost every weekend for the past 2,5 years i think tongue... not that it is so damn intresting but i saw the name of that village and thought of it tongue

Hi Jan - my ethnicity trails back to Netherlands. Do you know any VonBongers?

I'd love to visit someday.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hi Jan

If you like Joe, Check out Gov't Mule at the Paradiso on July 12th.
I 'm not making any comparisons, but a better blues based rock band you won't find (my Opinion), Joe often teases the Mules 'Mule' during 'just got paid', most folks don't notice it as they don't know Gov't Mule, Check them out, you won't be disapointed !

Oh.............The new issue of classic rock magazine (Jim Morrison on the cover) has a track 'Dirt In My Pocket' from Joes new CD on its free Cd.

Cheers..........Tony