Topic: Effective Street Team Strategies, Any Advice?

Hay!  I am new to the forum and to computers in general.    I am looking for any advice on how to really be a great Street Team member.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Boots on the ground, grass roots, face to face will most likely work best for me.

I quickly get lost in this virtual world.

Happy Trails,  Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

Re: Effective Street Team Strategies, Any Advice?

tahoerimriders wrote:

Hay!  I am new to the forum and to computers in general.    I am looking for any advice on how to really be a great Street Team member.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Boots on the ground, grass roots, face to face will most likely work best for me.

I quickly get lost in this virtual world.

Happy Trails,  Tahoe Jo

Hay Everyone,    I have been getting ideas for Street Team poking around the forum, boy I sure can get lost.

I'll leave this up awhile and see what gets posted..    The horses and the pony are thinking out of the box, out of the stall and out of the pasture.

I'll be sharing anything that works well.  When I get to NYC, my daughter can help me get connected thru social media and as much stuff as I can absorb.

I always SWORE I would not go there!  I guess I will do just about anything for Joe.

Happy Trails!

Tahoe Jo

PS I am leaving for the ranch where we winter the horses and will not have internet access, I will be re-connected for a little while on wed when I go to town.  Thank you

Tahoe Jo

plug his name and his music were ever you can.
I go into the local music retailers and they come running over as soon as I walk in and ask if I need help finding something.

I say "where's Joe Bonamassa?"
Answer is we don't have any, I reply you better get some and I walk out.

I also keep the DVD's on my tablet and show them to many people here and there as well.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

I go into the local music retailers and they come running over as soon as I walk in and ask if I need help finding something.

I also keep the DVD's on my tablet and show them to many people here and there as well.

Thanks for that idea.    I don't have a "tablet" but I will see if my daughter can help me out.  I leave for NYC  May 14th to visit her and we will both be putting out flyers around the Big Apple for the Beacon Theatre concert.

I also make it a point to share not only about his music, but also about "Keeping The Blues Alive", his 501 c3 for helping kids and schools with the gift of the Blues.

Talent, work ethic and a generous soul and HEART.  That's the Joe B I have come to love and respect.

Thanks again for your input!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:
DougH wrote:

Thanks for that idea.    I don't have a "tablet" but I will see if my daughter can help me out.  I leave for NYC  May 14th to visit her and we will both be putting out flyers around the Big Apple for the Beacon Theatre concert.

I also make it a point to share not only about his music, but also about "Keeping The Blues Alive", his 501 c3 for helping kids and schools with the gift of the Blues.

Talent, work ethic and a generous soul and HEART.  That's the Joe B I have come to love and respect.

Tahoe Jo

Would you save me a flyer? See you soon

Alan

bump827 wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:
DougH wrote:

Tahoe Jo

If I can.   Not sure how many we are getting until they come, or if we get one that we (my daughter & I) need to reproduce.
Do you want a copy if that is the case?

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:
bump827 wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:

Tahoe Jo

If I can.   Not sure how many we are getting until they come, or if we get one that we (my daughter & I) need to reproduce.
Do you want a copy if that is the case?

Sure and thanks. See you at the Beacon

Alan

I'm not officially a Street Team Member, but since I follow Joe (2007) I never leave the house without my musicplayer.

I let people listen to Joe's music and that's all you need . . .

Bonapostle wrote:

I'm not officially a Street Team Member, but since I follow Joe (2007) I never leave the house without my musicplayer.

Thanks for the idea.  It is becoming increasingly clear that I will have to work at understanding the new technology in order to become more effective for the Street Team.

I am tech-resistant, but willing to do just about anything for Joe.

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:
Bonapostle wrote:

Thanks for the idea.  It is becoming increasingly clear that I will have to work at understanding the new technology in order to become more effective for the Street Team.

Tahoe Jo

There are small mp3 players with low powered speakers that would fit in saddlebags easily. big_smile A ride with Joe might be the ticket.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:
Bonapostle wrote:

Tahoe Jo

There are small mp3 players with low powered speakers that would fit in saddlebags easily. big_smile A ride with Joe might be the ticket.

Thanks for the suggestion.   Do you have to buy them new or are they also available used?   Do they hold up we to some jostling as I am sure the horses would pick up the pace, inspired by the music !   How much volume can an mp3 player produce, or is that more what kind of speakers and power source determine that aspect?   Thanks again!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:
RickB wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:

Tahoe Jo

Thanks for the suggestion.   Do you have to buy them new or are they also available used?   Do they hold up we to some jostling as I am sure the horses would pick up the pace, inspired by the music !   How much volume can an mp3 player produce, or is that more what kind of speakers and power source determine that aspect?   Thanks again!

Tahoe Jo

There are a lot of small battery powered mp3 speakers available with a quick online search.  I bet a visit to a local pawn shop would score a cheap mp3 player. Realistic price for the works should be under $50. I see Amazon lists several speaker systems for around $25.

Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:
RickB wrote:

Tahoe Jo

There are a lot of small battery powered mp3 speakers available with a quick online search.  I bet a visit to a local pawn shop would score a cheap mp3 player. Realistic price for the works should be under $50. I see Amazon lists several speaker systems for around $25.

Great!   Part of the trip East when I spend time with my daughter is to upgrade my knowledge about these kinds of things and how it can help improve my life thru better technology understanding.    GREAT tip about checking the pawn shop.

Thanks for help and thanks to all on this Forum who are so generous with knowledge, and friendly too.

I have yet to encounter a Joe B  fan who does not also reflect those qualities, either here on the Forum or face to face.

I should have this rigged up by the First week of July ( I still have to sew the bags and want to put the electronics together first) I will post about how this turns out.   The volume at first will be mostly determined by what the horse feels comfortable with.   The music over their flanks will have to be introduced systematically so they understand it won't hurt them.

This will also be a new twist on their training.   We try to get them what is called" bomb-proof" because we train our horses to qualify  for therapy work as well as work with the kids in the 4-H club.

Over the past 25 years of the 4-H project we have gone from a small town rural environment to an urban interface.   The old pack station we use is on a commercial street that has seen quite a lot of development and even the Forrest Service property behind the corrals has seen a dramatic change of use.  You really have to ride a mile out before the crowd thins out in the summer.

We also have a real problem with garbage fed bears, with little fear of humans.   Music in the saddle bags will give us the advantage so we are heard  by the wild life.   The bears tend to give ground to our horses because of the association with the electric fence we installed to prevent them from climbing into the horse's pens for water.    If they hear or see you coming first, most of the bears will just stay out of peoples way.     Just don't hang out late on garbage night.    Tough to deliver pizza on the North Shore for sure!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

14 (edited by RickB 2013-05-03 13:16:38)

tahoerimriders wrote:
RickB wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:

Tahoe Jo

Great!   Part of the trip East when I spend time with my daughter is to upgrade my knowledge about these kinds of things and how it can help improve my life thru better technology understanding.    GREAT tip about checking the pawn shop.

Thanks for help and thanks to all on this Forum who are so generous with knowledge, and friendly too.

I have yet to encounter a Joe B  fan who does not also reflect those qualities, either here on the Forum or face to face.

I should have this rigged up by the First week of July ( I still have to sew the bags and want to put the electronics together first) I will post about how this turns out.   The volume at first will be mostly determined by what the horse feels comfortable with.   The music over their flanks will have to be introduced systematically so they understand it won't hurt them.

This will also be a new twist on their training.   We try to get them what is called" bomb-proof" because we train our horses to qualify  for therapy work as well as work with the kids in the 4-H club.

Over the past 25 years of the 4-H project we have gone from a small town rural environment to an urban interface.   The old pack station we use is on a commercial street that has seen quite a lot of development and even the Forrest Service property behind the corrals has seen a dramatic change of use.  You really have to ride a mile out before the crowd thins out in the summer.

We also have a real problem with garbage fed bears, with little fear of humans.   Music in the saddle bags will give us the advantage so we are heard  by the wild life.   The bears tend to give ground to our horses because of the association with the electric fence we installed to prevent them from climbing into the horse's pens for water.    If they hear or see you coming first, most of the bears will just stay out of peoples way.     Just don't hang out late on garbage night.    Tough to deliver pizza on the North Shore for sure!

Tahoe Jo

I was in my local electronic supply store and picked up a tiny mp3 player for $15. RCA and very small that should do the job. Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll donate it to the cause. It has a flip out usb jack so you can download a music library from your computer to it and a 4 gig memory bank that should keep you in tunes for a long time. big_smile

RickB wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:
RickB wrote:

Tahoe Jo

I was in my local electronic supply store and picked up a tiny mp3 player for $15. RCA and very small that should do the job. Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll donate it to the cause. It has a flip out usb jack so you can download a music library from your computer to it and a 4 gig memory bank that should keep you in tunes for a long time. big_smile

THANK YOU!!  I don't know what a PM is or how to send you one.   You can send it to our 4-H  PO Box

Tahoe Rim Riders 4-H Club     PO Box 1829    Kings Beach  CA    96143    I can send you a donation receipt if you would like.

Our club is a fully recognized 501 c3   I will bet the kids will know how to set it up.   This is great!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:
RickB wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:

Tahoe Jo

THANK YOU!!  I don't know what a PM is or how to send you one.   You can send it to our 4-H  PO Box

Tahoe Rim Riders 4-H Club     PO Box 1829    Kings Beach  CA    96143    I can send you a donation receipt if you would like.

Our club is a fully recognized 501 c3   I will bet the kids will know how to set it up.   This is great!

Tahoe Jo

I'll send it as you say. Enjoy!

RickB wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:
RickB wrote:

Tahoe Jo

Sometimes the mail is slow around here.  I am gone to NYC on May 14th-30th.  Don't worry if it arrives while I am gone, the Post Office will hold it safe in the box.    I will post as soon as it arrives and may-be it will get here before I leave.

Thanks Again!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

tahoerimriders wrote:
RickB wrote:
tahoerimriders wrote:

Tahoe Jo

Sometimes the mail is slow around here.  I am gone to NYC on May 14th-30th.  Don't worry if it arrives while I am gone, the Post Office will hold it safe in the box.    I will post as soon as it arrives and may-be it will get here before I leave.

Thanks Again!

Tahoe Jo

On the way. You and the kids enjoy the tunes in the pines. If Joe's music chases bears, all the better. lol