Re: Who Bought Bonamassa Tickets Purchased Through PBS?

wvgirlinky wrote:
skamokawa wrote:

wvgirlinky, You might be pleasantly surprised!

I hope so!!!!!!!!

Ha!  Who you trying to kid, girl? You will be all goo goo gah gaah after the meet and greet and 2-3 notes into the set your peepers will be spinning in your heard like a two-columned slot machine until you hear your favorite song, then they'll stop on Joe! Joe! written in your eyes.
JACKPOT!!!

There'll be no discouraging words heard from a certain wvgirlinky... big_smile

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Just to clarify some things. When I heard that I could get tickets from PBS presale I had two options. Either order online or call. I called once to get info and asked about the tickets because I said that I don't want to pay for tickets that will be crappy. She said they are best in the house. I then went to friends to see who wanted to come, gathered the cash and I called again and asked the same question and this was the answer: ''You know when you go to buy your tickets through the regular outlets and all the front row tickets are gone. That's because they are taken by promoters and that's what you will get.'' I would of been happy with anywhere in the 10first rows. But 16th row and off to the right was a slap in the face.
Also, I understand that there are worst things in life and I have been through my share. That doesn't mean I have to let people mislead me in taking my money.
That being said I will obviously go since my girlfriend and I are HUGE Joe fans! I have all his cd's and DVD's. I have no doubt that Joe will deliver a face melting show as he always does. Plus it's his birthday that day and it will be my girlfriend and mine on the 13th, just a couple days after Joe's so we'll be celebrating together. Yes my girlfriend and I have the same day of birth, lol!
So to wrap up. Thanks for all the comments, input and info everybody. This will be the first and last time I deal with PBS but I will definitely be there when Joe comes back to Montreal!
Keep on a rockin' everybody smile

Rocket wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:
skamokawa wrote:

wvgirlinky, You might be pleasantly surprised!

I hope so!!!!!!!!

Ha!  Who you trying to kid, girl? You will be all goo goo gah gaah after the meet and greet and 2-3 notes into the set your peepers will be spinning in your heard like a two-columned slot machine until you hear your favorite song, then they'll stop on Joe! Joe! written in your eyes.
JACKPOT!!!

There'll be no discouraging words heard from a certain wvgirlinky... big_smile

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

BONAYES Rocket, you nailed it on the head.  My head might even do one of those spins like in the exorcist smile love it!!!!!
You have to watch out for those happy hillbillies like me

KatClark wrote:

I purchased tickets for my first show in 2011 through PBS in the Seattle/Tacoma area. They never guaranteed the row or section but promised the tickets would be decent. I was happy to donate to a cause that I had grown up with. We got two tickets in row 7 or 8 at the Seattle Paramount. And now I am a fan for life.

Side note - Honestly, I had given up on new music. I thought all the good music had been made already. Flipping channels one night, and there is the RAH show on PBS. I stopped what I was doing. I turned the tv rig way up, and within the hour I was on the phone to donate/purchase tickets. I don't want to sound dorky or cliche, but that show changed my life.

Not dorky at all. This event has had a big impact on many people myself included.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Robin714 wrote:
IamKrisJones wrote:

Also, I understand that there are worst things in life and I have been through my share. That doesn't mean I have to let people mislead me in taking my money.

smile  Exactly!  If you can't vent on the musician's forum about a PBS f/u for support, where can you.  We've all had stuff go down in our lives, and hopefully know what's "small potatoes" in comparison.  But that doesn't mean we should always say "c'est la vie" if we get ripped off. It was thoughtful of you to warn others.  I'm still not exactly sure what seats we'll wind up with.  HAPPY B-day to you and your girlfiend!!  Wishing you the best time at the concert!!

Absolutely. They should at least be honest on where the tickets are. I've got no problem donating to PBS but if the donation includes something they should tell you exactly what it is!

Alan

Sorry I'm so late to the discussion. It appears the way things are handled is up to each station. I've had nothing but good luck with Maryland Public TV. I checked when the pre-sale started and no seats from the center were being offered, so I assumed the tix where in the center section and they were. This is such great exposure for Joe and I hope he continues to take advantage of this relationship. If anybody has issues with their local stations and tickets, please let them know. I don't blame you for forgoing the offer next time. You may consider doing both, buying pre-sale and PBS, then sell the extras.

As a side note to all of this, our local PBS TV telethon spokesperson was present for joes first show at the Chicago Theater. She had gushed about Joe during their sales drive and so I introduced myself and had a brief chat. She again sang Joe's praises.
A few months later, she was at the show in nearby Merrillville Indiana...sitting two rows in front of me. After about 3 or 4 songs, she got up and left...and never returned.
No big deal, but I realized that these people are there to sell whatever is being pitched that night...whether they like it or not, they need to appear like its the greatest thing available. It shouldn't include fibbing about where seats are or overselling them.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"