Topic: Zakk Wylde's new guitar LP/SG/V

Anybody see Ozzy on VH1 playing live?

Zakk Wylde had a new bullseye Gibson that had a Les Paul Custom Neck, an SG horned front half, and a Flying V back half.  It is funny because I drew the exact style in a college sketchbook in 1998 (minus the bullseye paintjob).  I wonder if they're going to market it or if it is purely a custom deal.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Re: Zakk Wylde's new guitar LP/SG/V

yeah Im a huge ZW fan.  That was a great show but the cover of Heart was amazing.  Gretchen Wilson CAN sing...DAYUM!!!  Alice in Chains sure did rock it

i actually played that guitar.. Its quite nice..  So is Zak..  buy one.. its got a 58 neck and is very cool..  JB

I think I'd get a Gigliotti first.  This Gibson mutant guitar ( I dont know what they are calling it) is really cool<especially if it came in green-lavaburst>, but I have two nice Gibsons...when I get that kind of money it will be time to diversify the guitar portfolio with a Gigliotti

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

that gitbox has a '58 in it?  Thought for sure it woul have his EMG set.  I have a silverburst les paul and put the ZW EMGs in it and dont like it.  So hard to buy PUs because you cant test drive them and so many factors control it

Zakk is a really nice guy too.

6 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-06-23 16:09:50)

Ballgame wrote:

that gitbox has a '58 in it?  Thought for sure it woul have his EMG set.  I have a silverburst les paul and put the ZW EMGs in it and dont like it.  So hard to buy PUs because you cant test drive them and so many factors control it

Zakk is a really nice guy too.

The guitar has EMG pickups in it.  The '58 is the Les Paul neck. I
Here is the photo, you'll know what we're talking about:
http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/74135 … ED7B73D4BC

found Zakk also has a Dean version of this guitar.

http://www.metalmadmen.com/images/ZakkWylde.jpg

I never talked to Zakk, but I had a chance to talk to Nick  Cantanese for a bit after their set opening Ozzfest...pretty cool guy.

Wow. That is one scary looking Dean axe. I'm not too keen on that. It's a really strange shape. I'm definitely a fan of the classic Les Paul/Strat/Tele guitars and replicas but noooo that's a bit twisted!