Topic: time for the introduction

hi,my name is jim.. i was turned onto this life changing music(blues), when i was 13 years old. my aunt took me to a vfw hall and i as a youngster did'nt get along to well with the older set. as i sat and watched people quietly visiting and sharing stories,a sound came through the jukebox that filled my ears and also at the exact same moment filled my soul. this gritty voice with unbelievable guitar riffs pierced my ears and i was hooked. i had my aunt ask the bartender who was on the radio and he handed me the cd texas flood. i went straight from the vfw to the store and looked through all the cd's they had. i found what i was looking for and my journey started then.

i'm now 31 and have seen in concert many artists of the blues that i've grown to love. buddy guy, bb king, kenny wayne sheppard (which played with double trouble that night), jonny lang and countless cd's and learned stories have filled my days.

i never grow tired of blues but, i had found myself about a year ago feeling that i had heard it all. not litterally but, in the riff and vocal power areas and the such. my world was about to change again.i was looking around on youtube for new matreial to listen to and somehow came across one of the most unbelievable live blues concert clips i had ever seen or heard. i was hooked as i heard the first opening guitar lines and was just sitting back hoping that this was the guy who was going to bring me out of my rut.all my hopes were soon answered when i heard the voice. simply the most amazing vocal performer i have ever heard. the song was blues deluxe and as soon as the clip ended i went to ebay and did a search. i bought the album blues deluxe and have not looked back.

joe is simply the most talented singer guitarist i have evr heard. i now can't get enough of his music. i still have'nt seen him live but anxiously watch the tour page waiting for a show close enough for me to attend.(i live in the upper pennisula of michigan)... well thats my story. i hope to meet many new friends and learn more about this talent i cant get enough of. thanks, jim

Re: time for the introduction

Hallo Jim,

A very warm welcome from another Joe fan from Holland. I had the same 3 years ago when I got the ANDY live CD plus DVD for my 50th birthday. I'm hooked to his music since and saw him 8 times live since then, like all forummembers here. You'll see it's a very nice forum with people who love and understand good music!!
Will see Joe live twice in June. Jim go to a show and you will never forget it, it really is extraordinary!!

Andre Wittebroek.

Hi There Jim & that's a Great  Forum Name and Welcome you've made a sensible choice

Glad you were Blown Away by Blues Deluxe ..... that sure does get some people bad   smile , yep like most here once is all it takes and your IN , We've all travelled that road , fell out of music , got sick and tired of the same m o r stuff ...
Then you hear something that just makes you sit up and listen & before you know it you're back into music and (travelling smile) i mean trawling the internet for all the artists mentioned hear , you'll pick up lots of ideas hear and even broaden your what you thought full horizons some more

Also you've got the ADDED bonus of being Bonabaptized (that's what we call here , your 1st Joe Bonamassa Live show)
I checked for you on tour page that the closest the Band are coming to Near you is Green Bay , Wisconsin November 5th & 6th ........ I Strongly Advise you Jim to purchase not 1 but both shows (cos you'll only say after coming out of 1st show) i wish i'd bought that ticket when i had the chance for the Nov 6th show ........ Trust Me

So have fun on forum and once again nice to have you aboard

....................................... michael

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Hey, welcome. I like your forum name, should be in the Bonaglossary. smile Like you, I got into the blues when I was about 13 and never really looked back.  You're going to love it here...lots of nice people and great show reviews (especially from Michael smile).
Peace.

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Jim, most of us know how you felt before Joe. You'd hear a good song, buy the CD and there was 1 or 2 songs, but not true joy....until Joe!! Do everything you can to get to those shows!!! Get the DVD's, if you haven't already, you will be slack jawed!!!! Keep posting and spread the word....Cathy

Good morning Jim!

My expierience was very similar to yours. I found Joe just by a fluke, I was looking for something fresh. I talked to my wife " I'm tired of the same stuff, I need some new music." She comes back with " I told you to get on the computer, they have everything you can think of, stop your wining old man." So I  go in the office " hey get in here, how do I turn this thing on, and dont leave, your going to have to hold my hand". She says " what do want to hear, you like lots of music". Now i look at her like she is crazy " you have known me forever, you know I love guitar players". She's doing everything for me, turning on the computer, explaining what the hell to do. I'am always going to tell you the truth, if I dont know crap about something, I'll tell you.

This story is getting way to long, let me make a long story short. I go to blues/ rock guitarist. Srv, Jimi ,Trower, similar style artist. I read a couple names and start thinking *** Joe Bonamassa, that is a long name, nobody is going to remember that, let see what this dude has to offer***.

About this time I call for the wifes help " can you help find this Joe guys music, I wanna hear some of his stuff. She finds "Blues Deluxe" looks at me and says " heres a song by him, now leave me alone, I'm watching TV. Jim, I'm in the song about a minute, I could feel the adrenalin rushing through my body. " honey get in here, this guy is unreal!"

Well the rest is history, I buy everything the man has on his website. I find this forum, this was last Oct. I read all these post, I'm thinking how cool. We booked a flight to Seatle in Dec. see him two nights in a row. My god, the man just mesmurized the crowd.

I finally get the stones to post something on here, and find out what great people he has for fans. I am now addicted to this damn computer, have to burn my own music, as the wife wont do anything for me anymore to help.

Hey enjoy your time here, I hope my story didnt bore you .(LOL)

Shred

Shredit wrote:

Good morning Jim!

My expierience was very similar to yours. I found Joe just by a fluke, I was looking for something fresh. I talked to my wife " I'm tired of the same stuff, I need some new music." She comes back with " I told you to get on the computer, they have everything you can think of, stop your wining old man." So I  go in the office " hey get in here, how do I turn this thing on, and dont leave, your going to have to hold my hand". She says " what do want to hear, you like lots of music". Now i look at her like she is crazy " you have known me forever, you know I love guitar players". She's doing everything for me, turning on the computer, explaining what the hell to do. I'am always going to tell you the truth, if I dont know crap about something, I'll tell you.

This story is getting way to long, let me make a long story short. I go to blues/ rock guitarist. Srv, Jimi ,Trower, similar style artist. I read a couple names and start thinking *** Joe Bonamassa, that is a long name, nobody is going to remember that, let see what this dude has to offer***.

About this time I call for the wifes help " can you help find this Joe guys music, I wanna hear some of his stuff. She finds "Blues Deluxe" looks at me and says " heres a song by him, now leave me alone, I'm watching TV. Jim, I'm in the song about a minute, I could feel the adrenalin rushing through my body. " honey get in here, this guy is unreal!"

Well the rest is history, I buy everything the man has on his website. I find this forum, this was last Oct. I read all these post, I'm thinking how cool. We booked a flight to Seatle in Dec. see him two nights in a row. My god, the man just mesmurized the crowd.

I finally get the stones to post something on here, and find out what great people he has for fans. I am now addicted to this damn computer, have to burn my own music, as the wife wont do anything for me anymore to help.

Hey enjoy your time here, I hope my story didnt bore you .(LOL)

Shred

lol big_smile
I rarely used my computer for anything other than e-mail prior to getting on this site.
Now my kids have to fight me for it's use.
I actually can burn my own cd's and surf the web now and everything.
My daughter even hooked me up on myspace, not too sure about that stuff, but I can say I have one.
You are right about the great people on here. Getting into Joe's music has opened my eyes to an unlimited number of talented artists that are out there, but ... I always come back to Joe. He is an awesome talent with a beautiful soul and that all comes out in his music!
Welcome to our addiction! There are way worse things to be addicted to!!!

big_smile
Julie in Green Bay

Hi Jim

Isn't it absolutley fantastic when a sound cuts through all the other sounds and it turns out to be a music that is a new passion.

Happened to me twice so far in my life............Led Zeppelin in about 1971 and then Joe. long time between such events I know but I'm talking real life changing discoveries here !!

Enjoy.

Welcome to the forum. Great bunch here.

Welcome aboard Jim! Love the UP, although it's been a few years (maybe like 7) since I've been up there.
Hopefully, you get an opportunity to see Joe live, nothing compares. You may need to travel a bit from your "neck of the woods", but it will be worth it.
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"