Topic: Kindness Please!

Good morning eveyone!

I probably ought to let this die out, but in light of what happened last night on the forum, I just want to say a few things. First off we all come from different backgrounds, upbrinings, and are opinions are just that opinions. If you have a issue with what some one post on the forum, please dont humiliate them for the whole world to see! There are always different avenues for you to use, you might try an e-mail for example, or step back a moment and use your words more constuctively. This only my opinion, hope you all know were I'm coming from.

Shred

Re: Kindness Please!

Shredit wrote:

Good morning eveyone!

I probably ought to let this die out, but in light of what happened last night on the forum, I just want to say a few things. First off we all come from different backgrounds, upbrinings, and are opinions are just that opinions. If you have a issue with what some one post on the forum, please dont humiliate them for the whole world to see! There are always different avenues for you to use, you might try an e-mail for example, or step back a moment and use your words more constuctively. This only my opinion, hope you all know were I'm coming from.

Shred

I couldn't agree more!

That is what makes this forum one of the best because of the diversity.  We have seen the forum base grow from the old days which was pretty much U.S oriented, to a global group.  It is so encouraging to read all the positive posts that the majority post about Joe and their love for his music.

Music is good for the Soul...

I'd like to say amen to all your posts! If anyone wants drama, there's LOTS of places to find it. I love the kindness! Shred, that's the right word for it! The rule of 3..What ever you put out into the universre will come back to you 3-fold!!!

Shredit wrote:

Good morning eveyone!

Shred

Hello!

*Inhale*.....AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.........peace to all, and to all goodnight! Tommorrow is a new day..........Dave/Shred/Rocky/The Hulkster

I missed whatever happened yesterday, although I think I caught some clues under general topics. I agree with Shredit that we need to try to be respectful of each other.
I will add that the people on this forum have been doing a great job keeping things civil for quite a while.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

One could be an adult about it and decide that if you do not care for the posts of a particular forum member ---------DO NOT READ THEM!!!!

It doesn't take much common sense to figure that one out!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

That's what I do. If I don't like the posts I don't read them. No skin off my nose. I've been banned once from a forum before over something like this, it ain't gonna happen anymore.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Deezer wrote:

That's what I do. If I don't like the posts I don't read them. No skin off my nose. I've been banned once from a forum before over something like this, it ain't gonna happen anymore.

Good point.

********JUST A REMINDER********

This is a moderated forum, and action will be taken to ensure that these kinds of issues do not get out of control.

As Deezer says, it is an easy way to get banned.

Kindness, tolerance, manners, etc. are in order at all times.

Thanks,

The MODS
cool

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

As a long time member of this forum, I am worried by even the suggestion for somebody getting band for something that wasn't that big of deal.  I am not saying anyone's getting band, but your putting the option out there for something that wasn't that bad.  He had a right to make his comment and it wasn't to intentionally hurt anyone.  If you are not padding your post just say no I am not doing that. You can take his observation or leave it.  That doesn't mean you have to stop posting either. It was just an observation. This shouldn't be blown out of proportion like it is getting.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

pcornell wrote:
Deezer wrote:

Good point.

********JUST A REMINDER********

This is a moderated forum, and action will be taken to ensure that these kinds of issues do not get out of control.

As Deezer says, it is an easy way to get banned.

Kindness, tolerance, manners, etc. are in order at all times.

Thanks,

The MODS
cool

Texas Ranger Cornell has spoken!  Thanks for the reminder post!!

Dean

That being said, I don't mind getting mixed up in a big ol' debate either. Just as long as it don't get personal.

Rivercat..It was that bad because it was personal!!! It wasn't a simple statement and I KNOW a certain someone was VERY hurt. There's no reason for that!! Again, any issues should be resolved 1 on 1 off forum!!!!!! AND how petty to keep count of posts!!! We made a big deal over Jane because Jane is a BIG DEAL on this forum and so is our now missing friend!! So, please, let's all play nice!!!!           Cathy

Hey Everyone,
     It's okay and I'm okay.  The world has much bigger problems and issues than this. Return back to happy topics of Joe Bonamassa, he's what this forum is all about and there is no one finer!
                          Do what makes you happy
                          Be with who makes you smile
                          Laugh as much as you breathe
                          Love as long as you live.
                                                                     Patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

15 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2007-05-28 14:42:00)

CathySiler,

Again, he didn't mean to hurt her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (How's that for exclamations).  It was inadvertant.

All I am saying is in the scheme of message boards this is small compared to what is said on message boards.  If this bothers you, you wouldn't last in the big internet world of forums.  I guess we are all thankful for this one.

And it's true what PattyluvsJoe just said, the world has bigger issues than this.

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

I LOVE EVERYBODY! big_smile

Deezer wrote:

I LOVE EVERYBODY! big_smile

Now, that cracked me up Deez... way to go...

Music is good for the Soul...

What happened?

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young