Topic: SARAH COLE FROM BOARD PLAYED GUITAR SHORTY'S GUITAR AND LANCE LOPEZ

CHECK OUT TOMMYTHUNDERFOOT'S WEBSITE FOR THIS.
AND SARAH PLAYS WITH TOMMY'S BAND.
AND LANCE LOPEZ HAS NEW CD OUT.

Re: SARAH COLE FROM BOARD PLAYED GUITAR SHORTY'S GUITAR AND LANCE LOPEZ

Hey, thanks!
wow, I haven't been on here for a longgg time.
But yeah, that was so awesome when i got to play with Guitar Shorty's band, and with HIS guitar! It was so cool. He was really nice too and he signed my guitar. oh and while we are on the playing guitar subject, a couple weeks ago, I got to meet George Thorogood and I played "Voodoo Child" for him!! that was cool. haha. talk to yall later.

peace,
sarah

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

Sarah, Way to go!! Always happy when a lady has the licks!!! Can you tell me what kind of guitar Guitar Shorty plays? Got close in Baltimore and thought they looked like Fenders, but not being a player I'm not sure. Voodoo Chile is in my top 10!     Cathy

Hey Cathy,

Shorty plays G&L's. they are technically fenders. they were designed  by George something and Leo Fender. George and Leo= G&L smile
I have a G&L too and it's really great. Alot of people say that the G&L's are just better versions of fenders, but I don't know, I still like my fender more than my G&L. But,  Shorty's G&L played like an angel. I loved it!

peace,

sarah

"The World misses his music, but I miss my brother."
-Jimmie Vaughan

I talked with Guitar Shorty at the Doyle Bramhall show in Austin last week.  He was back stage, in view, but was not asked to come sit in, what a shame.  Guitar SHorty is the real deal, I saw him play in a Houston blues bar jam with Jonn Richardson(another Category 5 artist), and they just ripped the roof off the place).

DonR