Topic: Western MD Blues festival...

...OK, about a year ago I had just learned who this guy was, this Joe Boney-something dude, with a few cool clips on the web. Then, Hagerstown and, after the storm cleared, the show went on and I was blown away.

So, who is going? I'd enjoy meeting some local Joe fans and enjoying the gig together. Word of caution; I'm a 43 year old guitar snob and I drink beer, so, if you can't stand either, you've been warned! 

At my age, I don't get stoked about much, but I am really looking forward to this show.

Re: Western MD Blues festival...

Hi, Larry, welcome...at least you're not a beer snob, I just *HATE* those LOL.  I think we already sorta started a roll call on another thread, but I'll be there...coming from far-away Thurmont.  I'll most likely (depends on laundry) be wearing the "Harley can sue me" Always on the Road shirt....but just look for the small but enthusiastic crowd gathered directly beneath Joe's feet, at least one height-challenged Italian-looking woman with an expensive camera....a woman yelling "Yeeeeehawwwwhoooey!" and you'll find us there :-)

Keep on rockin' the blues...

CarljMD

P.S.  I'm a PRS snob....if that bothers you....be warned :-)

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

3 (edited by cathysiler 2007-05-14 22:43:50)

I'll be there on fri as well for Walter Trout!!!! So far it seems we need smiley face masks and toy guitars...am I forgetting anything? Do we get any surprise European fans? We are closer! Carl, you are troop leader, we're in your neck of the woods....Cathy

Wuts up Larry!

I've been eyeing that one for awhile, then after seeing Walter Trout in Memphis, I really wanted to go. I talk to the wife, she says go for it! I'm lickin my chops thinking about Joe maybe playing with Walter. I'm on line throwing back some heineken " ok, airline flights, oh yeah here we go, DEB, DEB, get in here! It's doable, take a look at this." She looks at me with those big blue eyes " your so funny, just a big kid, Ok little boy show me what you found.  Dave that's June 2. We got the wedding to go to". I must have looked like I just saw my neighbor naked ( not the good lookin one either ). " What wedding, if I'm not the best man , F... it, I'm goin gigging ". Well the boss laid down the hammer, we are going to a wedding. I think I'll pound down some beer there, and do my imitations.

Enjoy yourself, let us know how it went.

Shred

P.S.......Hope you got Walters new cd with Joe on it. Bought it yesterday, my mothers day present to myself. (LOL). Joe shows why he is the best player on earth. "Clouds On The Horizon", WOW

I'll be there!

No matter how well you know someone, you can only ever guess.  How can you ever really know somebody else? It takes more than a lifetime just to get to know yourself.  Nobody knows the meaning of loneliness.  - Van Morrison

Shredit wrote:

Wuts up Larry!

I've been eyeing that one for awhile, then after seeing Walter Trout in Memphis, I really wanted to go. I talk to the wife, she says go for it! I'm lickin my chops thinking about Joe maybe playing with Walter. I'm on line throwing back some heineken " ok, airline flights, oh yeah here we go, DEB, DEB, get in here! It's doable, take a look at this." She looks at me with those big blue eyes " your so funny, just a big kid, Ok little boy show me what you found.  Dave that's June 2. We got the wedding to go to". I must have looked like I just saw my neighbor naked ( not the good lookin one either ). " What wedding, if I'm not the best man , F... it, I'm goin gigging ". Well the boss laid down the hammer, we are going to a wedding. I think I'll pound down some beer there, and do my imitations.

Enjoy yourself, let us know how it went.

Shred

P.S.......Hope you got Walters new cd with Joe on it. Bought it yesterday, my mothers day present to myself. (LOL). Joe shows why he is the best player on earth. "Clouds On The Horizon", WOW

What a dum ****! should have looked into the festival a little further, dont look like they will be playing on the same day. Screw this sobriety, I'm grabbing a beer.

Shred

Yes, BluesManRoy...I did...last few days have been hectic, but I'll respond off-board soon.

Carl

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

This is the 1st festival for the new band. How do you think this will change the set list? Isn't their stage time less than at a concert?

Jane H. wrote:

hey Larry , yeah I can't wait! any chance you are the guy who gave my son the guitar pick last year?
and i'd like to take this thread as an opportunity to ask if anyone knows Len Schrantz who subm,itted pics to Joe's site here from last year's fest, i would love to ask him something.
thanks

...nope. I'd like to think that I am the kind of guy who would have though.

Only a few more days! I'm psyched!! I'll be there Fri/Sat. Street team shirt is packed! I looked at the weather report as it notoriously rains at this fest. So far it looks good. Anybody else for Friday?          Cathy

We'll be there on Friday for Walter Trout.  Lookin' forward to it!

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Hi-

Let’s hope we have some better weather than last year.  By the way, my kids enjoyed themselves last year playing in the large puddles of water in the parking lot.

Hope to see all the Bonamassa's supporters!!

Dean

Hey guys, I will see you all on Saturday.  Can't wait!!!!!   Barbara

Don't worry Bonametal, Joe's personal Witch is on it! Actually, it's going to storm here but not there. But, I'm up for anything! You know I'm not prissy!! Almost bought you a wig made out of foil strands today. How Bonametal is that!.......Cathy

Hi-

It is 9:10 am Eastern time and we are about to pull out of our driveway to head to the Western MD Blues festival.  We will be there for Friday and Saturday night.

Hope to see everyone there!! big_smile big_smile

Dean

Bonamassa and Bonametal, awesome!! smile

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

HI-

We are all here at the hotel getting ready to return to the Western MD Blues festival.  We were disappointed about last night due to the weather.  The Walter Trout show was only 30 min. because of the lighting storm that came in.  We are crossing our fingers for tonight show and hope the weather will stay north or south until Joe has completed his show.

Dean

Hope you guys have a great time at the show. I know load in was very early this morning. Have fun! They did great last night at the imac! smile

-Bill