Re: hi all beginners and those who like to explain or just guitartalk.....

hi budda how are you? hope fine ......the major scale i know now and play it ......speed ???so lala ....
its very difficult  ....to get good guitar player ....i most of all watch learn videos on youtube
there is very mutch stuff  and the people explain and show how to play ....but it`s still very very difficult
greetz by Geko

Rock on!.... smile

Geko, I know a DVD you should check out. It's from a guy named Doug Doppler. It's kinda pricey. But, it's a great workout, for an aspiring guitarist. Probably just what you need, to get jamming!

Here's the link:

http://www.guitar411.com/p_diatonic.html

Early 80's 1957 U.S. Vintage Reissue Stratocaster (Surf Green)-Warmouth Soloist  Pearly Gates Neck, Pearly Gates Bridge- Larrivee D-03 (Mahogany/ Spruce)
Carmen Ghia Head- Marshall 112 Cab W/G12H 30  or  Custom 4 X 6v6 Head  or  Budda Twinmaster Plus Head-Traynor 212 Cab w/Eminence Texas Heats. 
Mo'D-Eternity-Blues Pro- Timmy-BYOC Chorus/Vibrato- TC SCF- Korg DT 10 Pedal Tuner

you are right Budda i try to jam with the cd´s of various artists (joe is too fast and variableon the fretbord to play for me i need simple songs at the moment to lern navigate) and now i have make stickers little paper tape on my guitar with the music alphabet  like ....first fret (F) third fret (G) fith fret (A) 7 fret (B) (H) here...
8 fret (C) 10 fret (D) 12 fret (E)....now i have try simple baret cords ....and it seems like i figgure out how to navigate and conect the cords on the fretbord ....i also try to youse it on the scales ......

today i was in Venlo Nederlands and have bought Cards for Amstadam12.10.07  i ordered last week
and this month 23.06.07in schöppingen is a blues Festival ......it was discussed in the tour dates of Joe
but i like to go there because i only was one time at a Festival it was at the King`s X  in Düsseldorf germany and i alrady have the cards so the  dvd you mean has to wait ......its to mutch money
but i have read the site...and like to buy it ...i hope its posible to bring this joe lern dvd´s to Amserdam
but i like to ask this on the general topics
Did you visit a joe konzert ?and how was it to you?
greetz
Geko

No, I haven't seen a live Joe Bonamassa concert yet. But, I'm watching his tour schedule for shows that are close enough for me to go.

I'm sure that the show would be really great. And I'm anxious to go to see him play!

P.S.

Are you having trouble with Barre Chords?

Early 80's 1957 U.S. Vintage Reissue Stratocaster (Surf Green)-Warmouth Soloist  Pearly Gates Neck, Pearly Gates Bridge- Larrivee D-03 (Mahogany/ Spruce)
Carmen Ghia Head- Marshall 112 Cab W/G12H 30  or  Custom 4 X 6v6 Head  or  Budda Twinmaster Plus Head-Traynor 212 Cab w/Eminence Texas Heats. 
Mo'D-Eternity-Blues Pro- Timmy-BYOC Chorus/Vibrato- TC SCF- Korg DT 10 Pedal Tuner

i think that i need ear training on the cords because i cant realy build them in a melody ...or conct them to a cool riff `
not that i can nothin play and  sometimes it realy sounds and feels like musik....lol....but not like i wish
also i try to the pentatonic the scales you have give me are to learn the pentatonic right?
i have read about the pentatonic and on you tube are many videos
tricky thing.....

with the signes on the neck  f.g.a.b.c.d.e...i slowly understand what to do
ps.where you from budda and what age  How long do you play the guitar?
see you
Geko

Ok,

Got a quick question, electric or acoustic for beginners and why. I've heard many whats yours.

Shred

i most on the acoustic couse, no nerve the nebors and my brother has tell me that its a must to play first the acoustic to become muskels in the fingers   but i have a elektric too .....(singed by joe its a 1976 original USA Fender Stratocaster)...after the acoustic it feels like Butter in my hands......smile
my brother has give me a amp too  but its normaly a bass amp (Fender Bassman 100) for me as a beginner an for home use its ok ,and a effect bord with a wawa pedal.he gave to me .........so here i am ...... and try to do the thing
greets to you shredit
Geko

Shredit wrote:

Ok,

Got a quick question, electric or acoustic for beginners and why. I've heard many whats yours.

Shred

Personall, I'd say it depends on what the student likes- if they're into rock with the distorted guitars- you need to start them on an electric... that way they can get the sound they're hearing on their favorite records... however, if they are into acoustic music the same is true- start them on an acoustic... I know a lot of people say that it is better to start on an acoustic, because it makes an electric much easier to play, but you need to keep their interest in the guitar and a great way to do that is to let them be able to get the tone they hear on the records they listen to.

Hope this helps,
Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

45 (edited by Budda 2007-06-15 19:27:42)

Geko wrote:

i think that i need ear training on the cords because i cant realy build them in a melody ...or conct them to a cool riff `
not that i can nothin play and  sometimes it realy sounds and feels like musik....lol....but not like i wish
also i try to the pentatonic the scales you have give me are to learn the pentatonic right?
i have read about the pentatonic and on you tube are many videos
tricky thing.....

with the signes on the neck  f.g.a.b.c.d.e...i slowly understand what to do
ps.where you from budda and what age  How long do you play the guitar?
see you
Geko

Geko,

I'm living in North Little Rock, Arkansas, U.S.A. I've been playing guitar for about 23 years.

As far as the chords.....that's a lifetime of study!

But, you need to learn how to harmonize the Major Scale Pattern. This means, to play more than one of the scale's notes at a time. Once you can learn how to play all of the Diatonic Triads, you can practice Chord Scales. This is a big step. Don't worry about the terminology I just used. I'll explain it to you, very soon.

First, you've got to learn all of the Intervals in the Major Scale Pattern.

There are 7 notes in the pattern.

The 8th. note shares the same letter-name as the 1st. note.

The 1st. note is called the TONIC. It can also be referred to, as the ROOT, the KEYNOTE, or as the 1.

The 8th. note (the one with the same letter-name) is called the OCTAVE.

We will give each of the 7 notes in the scale a numbered name, also.

Here's all of them: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Here's the key to understanding it all: INTERVALS

INTERVALS are the distance between the notes.

The distance from the 1 to the 2 is an INTERVAL called a 2nd.

The distance from the 1 to the 3 is an INTERVAL called a 3rd.

From the 1 to the 4 is a 4th.

1 to 5 is called a 5th.

1 to 6 is called a 6th.

1 to 7 is called a 7th.

1 to 8 is called an OCTAVE.

I'll post you some TAB soon, with the intervals played on the guitar. Something for you to work on. Let me know if any of this is unclear, or hard to understand.

Ciao for now!

46 (edited by Budda 2007-06-22 11:38:22)

----- -|----- |-----|----- |-----|-----|-----  |-----------------------------------
----- -|----- |-----|----- |-----|-----|-----  |-----------------------------------
----- -|----- |-----|----- |---2-|---4-|---5-|-----------------------------------
------ |---2-|---3-|--- 5-|-----|-----|----- |-----------------------------------
-3--5-|-3---|-3---|-3---|-3---|-3---|-3--- |-----------------------------------
2nd.    3rd.  4th.   5th.  6th.  7th.  Octave

Here's the intervals of the G Major Scale. Does this help?

hey budda how you doing? hope everything is right
greetz geko

Geko, good to hear from you. Yeah, everything is good. I've been getting ready for a bis Holiday week (4th. of July). I'm going to be running a booth at a big 4th. Of July festival, and playing at a large party on the 3rd.

How are you doing? I hope all is well. How is the guitar playing coming along?

hey Budda i wish you nice Hollydays and save traveling
guitar playing becomes mutch fun now i think im my greatest Fan......LOL
you have give me realy a good entry in navigation. now i think i have work by my own the things out .
to become coordinate my hands and feeling in the style  . ,and ....praktice
ok see you soon have a good time
Geko wink

Geko,

I'm glad you're having fun with the guitar!

If you want to get some good instructional materials, here's some stuff that I've found to be EXCEPTIONAL:

DVDs: Doug Doppler "Diatonic Theory and Harmony",  Greg Koch "Blues", Greg Koch "Guitar Gristle".

Books/CDs: Matt Smith "Chop Shop", Greg Koch "Hal Leonard's Blues Guitar Method".

Books: Jesse Gress "The Guitar Cookbook".

Happy hunting! And let me know, if I can be of any assistance, Bro!

hi Budda how are you?  Im fine looking forward at 12.10.2007  this year at Amsterdam !!!
if you like visit me here in germany for the gig( you know that we all meet togeter from the forum....? )(europe)  you can spend the night or some dayes here you welcome mabye we can jam togeter .......and have a sloe gin.....lol.......sure....
ok so think about
Geko
wink

ups i mean im ok....my english is so bad i hate it.....i have read the translation after send

Well, I can't afford to come to Europe. But, maybe some day. Thanks for the invitation.
    We'll all be expecting a full report, after you attend the show. smile

I hope your guitar playing is coming along. You might want to check out the "Mr.335 TV" website. There's a link, on another thread. Larry Carlton is a great player, and an excellent instructor.

hi Budda sorry that i have not so fast answer your post its because i have get a new job this days in a tele comunikation service.... i dont know the exakt english word? it sems that i have the same job like Blusman ...you can take a look i will ask him on his (what are we doing? tread)....
other theme:for the flyticket for you to europe  i can help you i dont know the price but we can find it out i think in october its not so expensive .   please find out how mutch is the ticket because here in my house you dont need money i make all for you èat drink sleep
is all no problem ........so if you like we can work on it  my girlfrind also sayes that its fun to do it because its somthing we are not every day do ....
ok greetz and think about
Geko wink