Topic: Junction 61

I was listeing to HTCT and realized this little snippet of instrumental is a separate song. It's so beautiful and I wanted to hear more. The liner notes only say something about having fun with the echoplex.

Has anyone ever heard Joe talk about this song?

I'm just saying.

Re: Junction 61

I would like to know more about this song as well!  I just love it and so do my kids.

Whenever my kids are fighting in the car (yeah, it happens sometimes) I just put this song on and they stop fighting every time.  My (now) four year old son refers to it as the "scary song" and is so intrigued by it that he forgets that it is his duty to annoy his sister.  Even though the song is short, he must think that track #4 is part of it as well.

I've noticed lately that I kind of listen to different Joe CD's depending on where I am, how I'm feeling, etc.  Lately, my music to clean house to is "You and Me".  There is nothing like dusting my entertainment center to "Bridge to Better Days".  big_smile

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Yeah, I thought it was an intro to Reconsider Baby because it segues so well. Once I realized it was a separate song I really listened to it and was struck by how beautiful it is. I must say Joe has a way with melodies in his instrumentals. If he expanded this to a full-length song, it would be a classic like Django or Faux Mantini.

I'm just saying.

Not trying to make y'all jealous, but I was able to witness it live (only once) along with Larry G at Sweet Caroline's in Winchester, VA.  I'd tell you the date but I can't remember, probably Sept. 2004 or so if I had to guess.  I miss "Reconsider" in the set list, but I know doin' that one live had to give Joe's vocal cords a run for their money.

Keep on rockin' the blues....

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

CarljMD wrote:

Not trying to make y'all jealous, but I was able to witness it live (only once) along with Larry G at Sweet Caroline's in Winchester, VA.  I'd tell you the date but I can't remember, probably Sept. 2004 or so if I had to guess.  I miss "Reconsider" in the set list, but I know doin' that one live had to give Joe's vocal cords a run for their money.

CarljMD

I also got the pleasure of seeing Joe play this live (twice--if not more).  All I remember is when he did this one at Millcreek in Appleton, I was absolutely blown away.   I was literally standing just below Joe's feet and must have had perma-grin from ear to ear for that whole show, but  I especially remember that song.  I got the setlist for that show that night.

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Fretwork wrote:
CarljMD wrote:

CarljMD

I also got the pleasure of seeing Joe play this live (twice--if not more).  All I remember is when he did this one at Millcreek in Appleton, I was absolutely blown away.   I was literally standing just below Joe's feet and must have had perma-grin from ear to ear for that whole show, but  I especially remember that song.  I got the setlist for that show that night.

Was it as short as on the CD or did he expand on it?

And yes, I'm officially jealous. Boo hoo.

I'm just saying.

When he played Reconsider Baby- didn't he play Junction 61 as an intro to it?

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128