Re: The Bonamassa Army

JBFan4Life wrote:

Just a thought, but some might be turned off by the militaristic aspect of the name alone.

Call me a flower child, but I still remember "War is not healthy for children and other living things."

And as a distant relative said:

“It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.”
― Robert E. Lee

I would ask that you reconsider using a military twist.  Even though this is a "fight" for a completely different cause.

While I also share JBF4L's misgivings about the 'military' aspect despite also having been born in an Army hospital (ok, call me a flower child too,) and while Bonamassa Army would not be my own ideal choice (no, let's not go there again!) I have developed a very large degree of trust and admiration for our new leader in a very short period of time, and am therefore happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I understand that there is a tradition that local 'first person to talk to' types are referred to as Street Team Captains, and I'm fine with that. I'm good with Andy being Field Marshal too cool I would simply plead for no other military ranks within the organization.

Here endeth my two cents worth. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Sounds a bit Skynyrd Nation to me. lol

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

How about "The Bonamassa Train" with titles of players the songs of Joe i.e. Slo Gin, Nickles. etc.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

22 (edited by JBFan4Life 2012-09-08 11:09:22)

I hear you, dknight16.  FB seems to be the way of the future (for now, anyway), for so many acts.  Guess it beats them having to have somebody maintain a standalone website.  My toe is in the water there.  How wet the rest of me will get remains to be seen.  I'm a gmail user, as well.  And recently created another account exclusively for business purposes.  And noticed it pushed right on into a Google+ account.  Still debating whether I want to keep that enabled.

Being somewhat of a curmudgeon, I have a tough enough time keeping up with my social networks IRL, let alone starting up electronic ones.  Given how long I've worked in the IT field, some of my friends find it pretty amusing, that I have so far eschewed that technology.  (And yet, many of them are luddites, too.)

Sorry for the sidebar.

Have to agree with Amsterhammer, regarding the good things from Andy so far.  From one flower child to another, eh? wink

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

It seems to me this was just being done in fun and keeping with the Army theme. I don't think Andy's going to make anyone peel potatoes or wash the latrines, lol.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

LOL! I remember when a possible name was put up for discussion, and boy was that a mess. We almost became "Cruisers", which didn't go over well, to say the least. Times are changing, but, in my early Joe years, we did have to "battle" for the legitimacy of BluesRock. Joe fans developed a reputation, in the music industry, as warriors. So this name is logical to me. I echo the sentiments of others. I have full faith in Andy's leadership. And, I'm glad there isn't a physical to enlist smile      Cathy

I am on the side of not ranking members...other wise everything else sounds good. Thanks for everyone's time and efforts!
When you start ranking you will get all kinds of moaning and groaning.
For example, if someone joined as a fan or steet teamer on 12/31/2005 and the powers to be decide a sarge (sargent Carter of Gomer Pyle that is) starts on 1/1/2006 the moanin and groanin begins.
As far as recognition for promoting show - in a sense we all promote Joe whether informally or formally. For example, I have turned countless new fans onto Joe. That is what I committed to 8 yrs ago when Joe was playing smokey bars. What does that get me in the army? Ranking...too messy...Just my two cents...

Have to agree somewhat with Rhoovis, seniority means nothing, really...passion and involvement are important.

But you can't measure passion very easily.  So I guess it comes down to involvement.  If I can only be like the chicken involved in producing the egg, I don't mind more recognition of some sort for the pig who commits and coughs up the bacon.  Hope that doesn't offend.  But some can be more involved and committed to the cause than others.  They should be recognized, in some way.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

I think the ST Captain deal worked well. A local to coordinate the troops on the scene as far as what areas to canvass so there was no doubling up of territories. A General is best when delegating to trusted and experienced field commanders. This allows newbies to be field trained on show promotion by experienced old hands. Real ST work involves a real commitment of time and personal funds. Show promotion is much more than telling your friends. The prior "show proof of posting" worked well to thin out the slackers.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:

The prior "show proof of posting" worked well to thin out the slackers.
Rick

Distributing promo cards for last spring's Des Moines show was my first ST experience, and I honestly didn't mind the "show proof" aspect.  Actually, I had a bit of fun putting together the report I sent Alexis, pasting in photos of all the places where I was able to get the word out.  If that remains a part of the ST experience, it's okay by me...

That said, it probably would have made more sense to send me promo cards for the Omaha show, since I live closer to Omaha than to Des Moines.  Oddly enough, at all the Omaha/Council Bluffs locales where I placed cards for the Des Moines show, only one had promos for the Omaha show.  I felt like I should have been placing Omaha promos, but Des Moines was what I had...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
RickB wrote:

The prior "show proof of posting" worked well to thin out the slackers.
Rick

Distributing promo cards for last spring's Des Moines show was my first ST experience, and I honestly didn't mind the "show proof" aspect.  Actually, I had a bit of fun putting together the report I sent Alexis, pasting in photos of all the places where I was able to get the word out.  If that remains a part of the ST experience, it's okay by me...

That said, it probably would have made more sense to send me promo cards for the Omaha show, since I live closer to Omaha than to Des Moines.  Oddly enough, at all the Omaha/Council Bluffs locales where I placed cards for the Des Moines show, only one had promos for the Omaha show.  I felt like I should have been placing Omaha promos, but Des Moines was what I had...

True. I was also asked to promote the Anaheim show for BCC as well as San Diego. That is way out of range from here. Perhaps an advisory to Andy as to which shows or areas one could properly promote would be good. The shows have regional draw after all and outlying fans could support that.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Coach305 wrote:

Actually, I had a bit of fun putting together the report I sent Alexis, pasting in photos of all the places where I was able to get the word out.  If that remains a part of the ST experience, it's okay by me...

Hey Coach, if you still had a copy of this report sitting around on your hard drive, I've love to see a copy of it. If you could email it to andrew@jr-adventures.com, that'd be great!

Rhoovis wrote:

Ranking...too messy...Just my two cents...

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I agree that ranks would be a very tricky thing to implement, as there are individuals that have been fans for a decade and seen 50 shows and people that have been fans for a few years that have turned dozens of their friends on to Joe, so it would be tough to gauge what merited a rank increase. As of now, the only "rank" is still the temporary one of "Captain" for my ST leaders in their respective areas.

Again, just to recap:

-Army theme and imagery won't be pushed
-No ranks as of now other than Captain, as was prior to my arrival

Thanks for the support and feedback everyone. More to come.

Who is the Captain in my area?

stefanhauk wrote:

Who is the Captain in my area?

I haven't designated anyone for the Adelaide show. If you'd like to step to the plate, I'd be happy to have you as my Captain there. I'm sending you an email now.

Hi Andy
Who is the captain for the Springfield Ma show?
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

Hi Andy
Cheers Ron

Hey Ron, I haven't designated one yet.

Wish I had as many people interested in helping out around the country as I have in Springfield! Here are the people that have expressed interest in acting as Captains for Springfield:

Deb and Lee Herbert

Other Springfield support:

Karen and Kevin Zelno
Sheila DeVoe Nailor
Lorraine (previous Captain) and Roland Zeller
Richard Fields
Sandra Piche
Jay Green

Are you interested in acting as the captain, or just asking?

Street Team Andy wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Hi Andy
Cheers Ron

Hey Ron, I haven't designated one yet.

Wish I had as many people interested in helping out around the country as I have in Springfield! Here are the people that have expressed interest in acting as Captains for Springfield:

Deb and Lee Herbert

Other Springfield support:

Karen and Kevin Zelno
Sheila DeVoe Nailor
Lorraine (previous Captain) and Roland Zeller
Richard Fields
Sandra Piche
Jay Green

Are you interested in acting as the captain, or just asking?

Just asking for Springfield I would like to help once captain is assigned. When Joe comes closer to Boston I will help also. I am going to the Springfield show if I can help.
Cheers Ron

Hey Andy

The Springfield talk continues! We have literally millions of people within 3 hrs of the basketball capital...including tons of Joe fans ( How sweet it is when he tours - always a show or three to choose from). This may directly have to do with so many that have stepped to lead the Bay state show. I have personally seen Deb/Lee in action - Wang Theatre(Boston) and would vote "early and often" for them to carry on again.
As mentioned previously, add me for support for Springfield (captain if you are desperate). I can handle CT in any way needed.

Rob from "south of the border"; border of Mass. that is