Topic: Bona-who?

Check this video out that one of Joe's fans from Poland made! There are so many people out there that Joe's music has yet to reach and you sharing it will go a long way towards helping promote. I had never heard of him prior to my interview, but this little vignette does a bang-up job of providing a snapshot of the blues titan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQAEq3KWNvo

Re: Bona-who?

bang-up job is an understatement!   Great stuff!  The fans will never cease to amaze you smile

Thanks for sharing,
Jim

My only critique is, It was too short. wink

I enjoyed it, but could tell a graphic artist did it.  The visuals were a bit like a powerpoint presentation run amok, IMO.

And it cut the Joe B tune off.  Decent enough, though.

I can't believe you got the job, if you had really never heard of Joe before....  tongue  You've got a lot of catching up to do, Andy. wink

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

jim m wrote:

I know you're kidding, but in advertising shorter is better if you're trying to reach a young audience (trust me, I teach teenagers for a living)...

Actually, with something like this it would be relatively simple to produce versions that featured sound clips from lots of different tracks.  Personally, I wish the one used had faded at the end instead of just stopping, but just think of all the rippin' good 50- to 55-second slices of your favorites that would fit in with the video just fine.  I've already come up with five or six that I'd love to see paired with that video...   cool

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
jim m wrote:

I know you're kidding, but in advertising shorter is better if you're trying to reach a young audience (trust me, I teach teenagers for a living)...

Actually, with something like this it would be relatively simple to produce versions that featured sound clips from lots of different tracks.  Personally, I wish the one used had faded at the end instead of just stopping, but just think of all the rippin' good 50- to 55-second slices of your favorites that would fit in with the video just fine.  I've already come up with five or six that I'd love to see paired with that video...   cool

Yes fading would of been the preferred ending for me too. 60 sec commercials are the norm unless you produce 30's. In advertising the reach is important along with the frequency that it is heard. In the case of Joe we aren't selling hamburgers. Everybody knows what a hamburger is. Don't have to tell them. Joe is a a delicacy and he needs to be described. There is so much to say and since 2 minutes costs the same as 1 minute in the social marketing world I say take that other minute. I think Joe can hold their attention. wink

I went back and listened again Coach. It froze up and paused when the link to the free song appeared. If you click play again it fades out.

Street Team Andy wrote:

Check this video out that one of Joe's fans from Poland made! There are so many people out there that Joe's music has yet to reach and you sharing it will go a long way towards helping promote. I had never heard of him prior to my interview, but this little vignette does a bang-up job of providing a snapshot of the blues titan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQAEq3KWNvo

I like it!!!!!!!!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky