Re: Your new(est) street team general has arrived!

jricharc wrote:

Hello Andy, I am located in Northern VA and am a street team member for BCC and helped promote the show they had here in DC back in 2010.  I would be happy to help with promoting Joe in whatever manner needed, I work at George Mason University so I can reach a big diverse audience here.

Awesome, GMU would be a great outlet, thanks for reaching out to me Jricharc!

56 (edited by can1208 2012-09-10 08:24:54)

Hey Andy, Welcome!!! I've been working with Jane Hall (MD Captain and Commander-in-Chief wink ) to promote shows in the DC/MD region. I have done 3 promotions so far - two JB solo and one BCC show since I got blown away by RAH on Palladia early 2011. I work for the University of Maryland, and have access to both College Park and Baltimore campuses, so I'm happy to help in any way needed. Sorry I have not posted here recently, however the Turkey Day show in DC's a-coming, so glad to assist! smile

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

Howdy Andy!
Sorry I'm coming in late to the "welcome wagon" party, But I am looking forward to helping out anyway I can.
I'm in Dallas, Texas and I am bringing 4 "BonaVirgins" to Joe's show in October.
I think it is fantastic that you are responding to everyone's comments and think this forum is special like we do.
I don't have a Facebook page, but I Twitter and I have a website...mostly for wine, but I sneak some music in when I can ;-)
Welcome!
Lori

can1208 wrote:

Hey Andy, Welcome!!! I've been working with Jane Hall (MD Captain and Commander-in-Chief wink ) to promote shows in the DC/MD region. I have done 3 promotions so far - two JB solo and one BCC show since I got blown away by RAH on Palladia early 2011. I work for the University of Maryland, and have access to both College Park and Baltimore campuses, so I'm happy to help in any way needed. Sorry I have not posted here recently, however the Turkey Day show in DC's a-coming, so glad to assist! smile

No worries, I understand that real life gets in the way sometimes. Happy to hear that you're working with Jane (she seems to really have a handle on things and I've been looking to her for guidance while I learn the ropes) and the college outlets are an awesome way to expose large numbers to Joe. I'd love your help in reaching them!

Tx Sommelier wrote:

Howdy Andy!
Sorry I'm coming in late to the "welcome wagon" party, But I am looking forward to helping out anyway I can.
I'm in Dallas, Texas and I am bringing 4 "BonaVirgins" to Joe's show in October.
I think it is fantastic that you are responding to everyone's comments and think this forum is special like we do.
I don't have a Facebook page, but I Twitter and I have a website...mostly for wine, but I sneak some music in when I can ;-)
Welcome!
Lori

Howdy Lori!

Better late than never. I did some growing up in Southlake and was born in Sugarland, so I consider myself a Texan. Happy to hear that you're exposing new people to Joe- outside of helping to promote Joe's shows, that's the best thing we could ask you to do. What's your twitter? I'd love to follow and maybe you could do a special series of tweets where you pair Joe's albums with a different type of wine lol. I've thoroughly enjoyed Blues Deluxe and the new Beacon CD over a nice bottle of pinot noir or two; cross promotion is always a good thing!

I'll be in touch with you in the near future, I'd really appreciate if you could share a link promoting the Dallas show with your followers a few times. Thanks again Lori.

Andy it's funny you should mention comparing Joe's music to wine; because I did...and it was a Pinot Noir.
Here is the link (at least I hope the link works- I don't want to be labeled as a spammer):
http://loristwistedcork.wordpress.com/2011/04/

My Twitter handle: LoriTwistedCork

By the way, we are getting ready for Autumn...the temps are below 90!!!!!

Tx Sommelier wrote:

Andy it's funny you should mention comparing Joe's music to wine; because I did...and it was a Pinot Noir.
Here is the link (at least I hope the link works- I don't want to be labeled as a spammer):
http://loristwistedcork.wordpress.com/2011/04/

My Twitter handle: LoriTwistedCork

By the way, we are getting ready for Autumn...the temps are below 90!!!!!

Haha, awesome! Hard to go wrong with pinot and much like music, wine is a very sensory experience. I'm ready for fall too, anything below 90 would be welcomed.

Greetings Andy

Wondering if the street teams have been decided for the shows already?  For me, already scanned the GUITAR WORLD ad, created a .pdf of ad, had printed on glossy paper, and have begun to distribute throughtout central and northern maine, for the Nov. 20th show in Springfield....love to be part of that team.....if not in cards this time, still going to promote the crap out of the show, to help sell it out for our guy.

Jay Green

Self-Professed "GOLDIE" Nut-Job!!!!

JBLP #267

Today got in my email the announcement of the two concert in Italy, Feb and Mar 2013.
I'll be at the Mar 2nd one in Padova (well, 5 hours by car from me...).
How to promote them being a Street Teamer?

bongano wrote:

Today got in my email the announcement of the two concert in Italy, Feb and Mar 2013.

Italy has an old and very active street team. Andy should be able to put you in touch with them. smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Jane,

Thank you....replied to your message and cc'ed Andy.   The Boston street team has been successful......Sandra piche covering NH, deb Hebert covering southern and central Maine and myself covering central and northern Maine, plus part of new Brunswick, Canada.......and all the other folks driving points inbetween, we have been highly successful historically......

For me.....proud to turn folks onto joes music period!!!!!

Jay

Jane H. wrote:

Hey Jay, I copied you on an email to Andy. Look for the email from my yahoo addres and get in touch with Andy via his email.

Massachusetts is like the all star street team with all you guys up there! smile

Guytron wrote:

Greetings Andy

Wondering if the street teams have been decided for the shows already?  For me, already scanned the GUITAR WORLD ad, created a .pdf of ad, had printed on glossy paper, and have begun to distribute throughtout central and northern maine, for the Nov. 20th show in Springfield....love to be part of that team.....if not in cards this time, still going to promote the crap out of the show, to help sell it out for our guy.

Jay Green

JBLP #267

RickB wrote:
bongano wrote:

Italy has an old and very active street team. Andy should be able to put you in touch with them. smile

Cool. Never heard of an Italian ST around the net and social networks tho.
So should I send a PM to Andy?

bongano wrote:
RickB wrote:
bongano wrote:

Cool. Never heard of an Italian ST around the net and social networks tho.
So should I send a PM to Andy?

Yes. Check the ST facebook page if you do that. They hang out there. PM me and I'll give you some names if Andy doesn't.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Have met some fine folks...just horrible with remembering names, lol......

Have front row, pit stage left for the Springfield show, looking forward to being up close!   

Jay

JBLP #267

Just got 2 tix first row in Padova. They've got more expensive since Prague 2012...

Tx Sommelier wrote:

Howdy Andy!
Welcome!
Lori

And a sweet ride...

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:
Tx Sommelier wrote:

Howdy Andy!
Welcome!
Lori

And a sweet ride...

Aaahhh... Thanks Big Jeff!
Maybe I need to figure out how to incorporate Joe, wine and kick **** Corvettes;-)

Whoever came up with the idea of teaming up with PBS to present Joe should be given a very large medal.  The man who does the yearly maintenance on my oil burners just showed up and, seeing my JB shirt, said - wow, I saw him on PBS last night - he is amazing.  You should have seen the look on his face when I told him I was there (and where I sat).  He even pronounced his name right!  Really blew me away.  My cat's vet is also a big JB fan, but she has been for a long time.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:

Whoever came up with the idea of teaming up with PBS to present Joe should be given a very large medal.  The man who does the yearly maintenance on my oil burners just showed up and, seeing my JB shirt, said - wow, I saw him on PBS last night - he is amazing.  You should have seen the look on his face when I told him I was there (and where I sat).  He even pronounced his name right!  Really blew me away.  My cat's vet is also a big JB fan, but she has been for a long time.

Sandy

I bet his jaw dropped when you told him.  PBS is how my husband found Joe and also our best friend got his tickets for Joe's shoe in Evansville last year through the online auction to raise funds.  Big thumbs up PBS