37 (edited by JBFan4Life 2012-08-28 19:40:21)

Re: Your new(est) street team general has arrived!

Never joined the Street Team, though I'm considering it, now that I see new leadership is in place.  (Heck, I only registered here in the forums this year, after lurking for a pretty long time.)  It's nice to see someone with your enthusiasm is at the helm.  As you've noticed, lots of enthusiastic fans around here.

I'm in the Northwest Indiana area these days, and would like more information about Street Teaming, and your take on it--as you develop one--before jumping into the pool.

Been a fan of Joe's work since a friend turned me on to ANDY shortly after its release.  So my "journey with Joe" has been going on since November of 2000.  Over a decade later, and my enjoyment of (and passion for) Joe's music is still going strong.  Like a lot of people here, my friends are used to me referring to Joe like I'm part of his circle of friends.  In a way, I like to think we all are.

Look forward to hearing more from you as you drink from the firehose and prepare to lead the way.  Let's not kill Andy with kindness, in the meantime, eh?

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

Denbon18 wrote:

Hi Andy, congratulations.  Sent you an email...but ready and willing to help overflow the Stranahan Theatre in Toledo, Ohio.  Best of luck

Thanks Den, it was great going back and forth with you via email!

JBFan4Life wrote:

Never joined the Street Team, though I'm considering it, now that I see new leadership is in place.  (Heck, I only registered here in the forums this year, after lurking for a pretty long time.)  It's nice to see someone with your enthusiasm is at the helm.  As you've noticed, lots of enthusiastic fans around here.

I'm in the Northwest Indiana area these days, and would like more information about Street Teaming, and your take on it--as you develop one--before jumping into the pool.

Been a fan of Joe's work since a friend turned me on to ANDY shortly after its release.  So my "journey with Joe" has been going on since November of 2000.  Over a decade later, and my enjoyment of (and passion for) Joe's music is still going strong.  Like a lot of people here, my friends are used to me referring to Joe like I'm part of his circle of friends.  In a way, I like to think we all are.

Look forward to hearing more from you as you drink from the firehose and prepare to lead the way.  Let's not kill Andy with kindness, in the meantime, eh?

Hey there JBfan! I know you said NW Indiana, but my grandparents had a cabin in Brown County and I spent a lot of time there when I was a kid and I've always been partial to hoosiers. I'd love to have you on the Street Team, it's an awesome way for you to get involved with Joe on a deeper level, as the promotion that STers do for his show and sharing and spreading his music among your friends contributes directly to his success. While I haven't had the opportunity to meet Joe yet and don't want to speak for him, I'd imagine he doesn't mind you guys thinking of or referring to him as a friend big_smile

Just to share a little more about myself with you guys, I was born in Houston TX (Sugarland), spent my elementary school years in Dayton OH (Centerville), moved to Dallas TX (Southlake) for middle school, moved to Ft. Lauderdale FL for high school and attended college in Orlando. I like to think that I've got the best of every place I've lived with the midwest manners and mindset the southern charm and hospitality.

I'm really excited to work with all of you in your respective areas and hearing that some of you live in or around areas I grew up in brings back a lot of good memories, I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible, fun and humbling experience. Thanks guys.

Yours,

General Andy

Hi General Andy,
I joined the street team earlier this year, but have not had a chance to be active. I live close to London and would welcome any opportunities here in the UK.
My lady and I are coming over to the Long Island concert in November and would love to know if anything is going on that we can get involved with.
Good luck in your role.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Duncan

Welcome S T A smile
I live about 20 miles west of CHITOWN so if you need anything hit me up.

Jon

Hey Andy...I forgot to mention...while I live in the Toledo area, I'd be happy to help for the Columbus show as well.  My son lives there, so I can visit while promoting.

Take care

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

Hi Andy...welcome aboard.   I live in the Inland Empire in So. Cal (Riverside County) and if Joe ever gets out this way I would be happy to help out wherever needed.  Riverside has a great performing arts center if his management wants to give it a go there sometime.

I haven't been a fan as long as some of the other oldsters (fanatically speaking) around here (discovered him in 2010 when RAH aired on Palladia) and I am not an official street teamer but I do love Joe and his music and like all who come here share the passion.

Hey Andy and everyone, I have been trying to get into the Street Team mix but it always seems like I'm out of sync somehow.  I have tried but I'm still not sure if I'm on the street team, per say lol.  But, I do try to take every opportunity to spread the word about Joe and his various adventures.  I am a devout follower of BCC too, of course.

I also have an niche outlet that affords me a lot of fun in the form of Simracing.  Basically auto racing over the internet, using a motorsport simulation software, hence the name Simracing.  This offers me to reach other drivers, from around the world, as we can paint our cars, which other drivers can see.
I ran a new BCC AFTERGLOW car last Saturday which has led to a lot of attention from some people, both in the race and through the forums we use.  Glenn Hughes shared an image I posted of the car and I think some got a kick out of it.

So far, I've ran schemes for BCC 1, 2, LIVE OVER EUROPE DVD, AFTERGLOW, Driving Toward The Daylight and a Joe Bonamassa Street Team version for the recent Acoustic dates from Joe.
If all goes well, I hope to be running an AFTERGLOW Mustang on September 2nd in the iRacing.com Grand Am Premier series.  This an is an official online series of the real world racing Grand Am series.

I will post some images in the photo gallery so you can see what it is I'm yammering on about.

Basically looking to be/get involved as much as I can.  I hope Andy can add some continuity and I look forward to enjoying whatever we can get into.

Have fun!

"what's the point of race cars, rocket ships and rock and roll?"

Welcome Chuck to the JB Forum - Maybe you could go over to 'Introductions' section,  just to say HI to everyone else. Cheers !

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

Chuck Johnson wrote:

Hey Andy and everyone, I have been trying to get into the Street Team mix but it always seems like I'm out of sync somehow.  I have tried but I'm still not sure if I'm on the street team, per say lol.  But, I do try to take every opportunity to spread the word about Joe and his various adventures.  I am a devout follower of BCC too, of course.

I also have an niche outlet that affords me a lot of fun in the form of Simracing.  Basically auto racing over the internet, using a motorsport simulation software, hence the name Simracing.  This offers me to reach other drivers, from around the world, as we can paint our cars, which other drivers can see.
I ran a new BCC AFTERGLOW car last Saturday which has led to a lot of attention from some people, both in the race and through the forums we use.  Glenn Hughes shared an image I posted of the car and I think some got a kick out of it.

So far, I've ran schemes for BCC 1, 2, LIVE OVER EUROPE DVD, AFTERGLOW, Driving Toward The Daylight and a Joe Bonamassa Street Team version for the recent Acoustic dates from Joe.
If all goes well, I hope to be running an AFTERGLOW Mustang on September 2nd in the iRacing.com Grand Am Premier series.  This an is an official online series of the real world racing Grand Am series.

I will post some images in the photo gallery so you can see what it is I'm yammering on about.

Basically looking to be/get involved as much as I can.  I hope Andy can add some continuity and I look forward to enjoying whatever we can get into.

Have fun!

Wow Chuck, that sounds really cool, I'd love to see some screen shots of that! What an interesting way to promote. If you have the desire and the time, you're on the street team big_smile

Whereabouts do you live?

Denbon18 wrote:

Hey Andy...I forgot to mention...while I live in the Toledo area, I'd be happy to help for the Columbus show as well.  My son lives there, so I can visit while promoting.

Take care

Great to hear Den, sounds like as good a reason as any for a visit to me!

#1JBFAN wrote:

Welcome S T A smile

Jon

Will do, love the plate!

It's Me wrote:

Hi Andy...welcome aboard.   I live in the Inland Empire in So. Cal (Riverside County) and if Joe ever gets out this way I would be happy to help out wherever needed.  Riverside has a great performing arts center if his management wants to give it a go there sometime.

I haven't been a fan as long as some of the other oldsters (fanatically speaking) around here (discovered him in 2010 when RAH aired on Palladia) and I am not an official street teamer but I do love Joe and his music and like all who come here share the passion.

Good info, I just passed this along to the person responsible for booking his venues. While the 2013 tour dates are already set, there's always a possibility for future shows.

duncanejones wrote:

Hi General Andy,
I joined the street team earlier this year, but have not had a chance to be active. I live close to London and would welcome any opportunities here in the UK.
My lady and I are coming over to the Long Island concert in November and would love to know if anything is going on that we can get involved with.
Good luck in your role.

Best regards,

Duncan

Coming all the way across the pond to see Joe? Now that's dedication. Not entirely sure if there's anything physical you and your lady could while over here and I'd want you to enjoy your holiday, but you can always help out digitally by sharing links. Thanks for your interest Duncan!

Street Team Andy wrote:
Chuck Johnson wrote:

Have fun!

Wow Chuck, that sounds really cool, I'd love to see some screen shots of that! What an interesting way to promote. If you have the desire and the time, you're on the street team big_smile

Whereabouts do you live?

Denbon18 wrote:

Take care

Great to hear Den, sounds like as good a reason as any for a visit to me!

#1JBFAN wrote:

Welcome S T A smile

Jon

Will do, love the plate!

It's Me wrote:

Good info, I just passed this along to the person responsible for booking his venues. While the 2013 tour dates are already set, there's always a possibility for future shows.

duncanejones wrote:

Hi General Andy,
Good luck in your role.

Best regards,

Duncan

Coming all the way across the pond to see Joe? Now that's dedication. Not entirely sure if there's anything physical you and your lady could while over here and I'd want you to enjoy your holiday, but you can always help out digitally by sharing links. Thanks for your interest Duncan!

In that case, we'd just love to meet up with other bonafans on the day. I thought this medium might be a good conduit for a bit of positive action!

Best regards,

Duncan

48 (edited by Chuck Johnson 2012-08-31 00:25:39)

Hey again,  Andy I'm in Central Kentucky.  But I try to take a wider approach whenever possible.

The quickest way to check out some screen shots is by checking out my album at the JBXP site at this link
http://jbxp.net/albums/view/3952

There are a few shot of various paint schemes I've ran.  I will load up images of the AFTERGLOW car I ran last Saturday as well as the new one for the Mustang.
As I notice there are dates coming up in Australia, I will be going about doing a new Australian V8 Super Car series scheme to get the attention of some of the Aussies who I may end up in a race with.  Also there is a couple of drivers in Japan I will send some info to.

Also, if you want to check out the company behind the racing you can check their site at iRacing.com.  They have a lot of similarities to the passion and conviction which Joe brings to his music.
Some of the races are broadcast over the internet, such as the series I ran the scheme in Saturday, although they had an issue and the coverage did not go out live for that race.  Figures right?

I don't want to spam ya up here, but I just want to give you the chance to check out who and what they are.  I try to bring attention to them, with the schemes, also.
You can also search youtube for BCC AFTERGLOW MX-5 and view a couple of laps from the race, from two onboard views.

The AFTERGLOW versions here... http://jbxp.net/albums/view/4120

Jane H. wrote:

Hey Chuck that is great. i think its worthy of its own thread if you feel like putting it in the general section, and you could update it when it has Joe news which seems to be often. and GOOD LUCK on the upcoming races!!!
I had the thought of doing the local demoltion derby painting something about Joe on the car - or sponsoring someone esle since i don't have that kind of crazy......

I know others have had huge Joe signage and stickers and stuff made for their real life cars.

General Andy i hope you might put a word in at the office for different stickers at the store. I don't care for the bumper stickers that much and would love to buy some of the smaller truss rod stickers  that once were handouts, or maybe something else smaller. If a reasonable cost i would buy some to hand out to folks i talk to about Joe. Maybe stickers of the disc art like the magnets but at a reasonable cost for sharing?

I like to do it with the picks, as they have his name and are easy to carry around.

there also used to be a file a long time ago where we could print out  on our own, business cards with Joe's name and website info on it. Then there were ones on the street team website but i could never get them to print correctly. Then there were ones on jbxp you could buy but they didn't even have Joe's main web site address on them so that was some odd jbxp promotion thing I think.
I personally don't think they need to say street team but that is OK I guess, Just something we can carry so that if you get the chance to talk about Joe, you can leave the potential fan with something with his name and main web address.

All great ideas Jane. I'll speak to our person in charge of merch on Tuesday regarding the stickers and pass along these ideas. The street team website is going to be getting a big revamp and I definitely agree that there needs to be some sort of business card with his website, etc. on it that we can mail to you guys to pass on to friends to spread the word about Joe's music.

Heyb Andy.Another Chi town area guy.Haven't been involved with any official street team doings.But here to offer my services as time permits.Thanks,Gary

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Heyb Andy.Another Chi town area guy.Haven't been involved with any official street team doings.But here to offer my services as time permits.Thanks,Gary

Awesome, happy to have you aboard Gary!

Hello Andy, welcome to the forum, J&R Adventures and leader of the Street Team.  I will send you an email...

David A.

Music is good for the Soul...

Hello Andy, I am located in Northern VA and am a street team member for BCC and helped promote the show they had here in DC back in 2010.  I would be happy to help with promoting Joe in whatever manner needed, I work at George Mason University so I can reach a big diverse audience here.

- Hoochie Coochie Man -