Re: Your new(est) street team general has arrived!

Hi Andy, I'm in Brisbane Australia and happy to help in way needed.  I work at a Uni with 40,000 students and 10,000 staff so there's plenty of traffic past the bill posters.

Cheers
Richard

20 (edited by airportdon 2012-08-28 07:09:44)

Good morning Andy & Welcome to the group
I'm from Pa-Pittsburgh ...south west near the Ohio/West Virginia borders.....
Let me know if you need my help as I've been a fan/street teamer for a very long time.
Hope to hear from you soon...
Don

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Welcome General Andy! Lizzee in Lexington reporting for duty! I've been a fan of Joe's since I discovered SILT in 2002 and I found out about the Street Team in 2010. I was the Captain for 2 recent shows in Louisville & Lexington Kentucky. Also helped out with the Cincinnati Ohio show last year and should be on the list to help again with Cincinnati in November. I'm sending an email with my contact information.

I think you'll find this forum and a lot of the folks here as a great resource for finding information as well as an efftective tool to get the information out to Street Teamers. Please do not hesitate to ask for ideas and feedback.

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

Hi Andy and welcome!
I first saw Joe perform in December of 2004 and have been a huge fan and street team member since walking out of the theater that night. I live about 40 miles NW of Chicago but work in the heart of the city. I've done loads of street team work, and am willing to help out however I can. I'm looking forward to your role as General! Let me know how I can help.

Bill

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Wow Andrew has really went the extra mile!! He has provided fast and really warm, enthusiastic service!

Not only did he assure my M+G, he also checked out my website in my email signature and watched one of my live performances, what an absolute champion! Can't express how grateful I am!

All I can do is congratulate the J&R office on their excellent selection for Street Team 'General'!!

Thank you Andrew!

All the best from Australia,

- Stefan

Lizzee wrote:

Welcome General Andy! Lizzee in Lexington reporting for duty! I've been a fan of Joe's since I discovered SILT in 2002 and I found out about the Street Team in 2010. I was the Captain for 2 recent shows in Louisville & Lexington Kentucky. Also helped out with the Cincinnati Ohio show last year and should be on the list to help again with Cincinnati in November. I'm sending an email with my contact information.

I think you'll find this forum and a lot of the folks here as a great resource for finding information as well as an efftective tool to get the information out to Street Teamers. Please do not hesitate to ask for ideas and feedback.

Hi Lizzee! Almost a decade of Joe under your belt? Wow, that's impressive. It must be cool for you to be able to compare his style and ability now to when you first discovered him. Thanks for your commitment.

Ideas and feedback are always welcomed and encouraged. Seriously. This is about you guys. You're among Joe's most passionate fans and biggest supporters, so if you have any ideas for different ways to promote or things you'd like to see within the street team, I'd love to hear them and will do my best to work with you all to make them happen.

airportdon wrote:

Good morning Andy & Welcome to the group
I'm from Pa-Pittsburgh ...south west near the Ohio/West Virginia borders.....
Let me know if you need my help as I've been a fan/street teamer for a very long time.
Hope to hear from you soon...
Don

Hi Don! Thanks for your support, I'll definitely be in touch regarding the OH shows in November.

datam0nk3y wrote:

Hi Andy, I'm in Brisbane Australia and happy to help in way needed.  I work at a Uni with 40,000 students and 10,000 staff so there's plenty of traffic past the bill posters.

Cheers
Richard

Hey Richard! Wow, that thrills me to know you have access to an outlet like that. Do you have any posters or cards for the upcoming show on 10/3? If not, please email me (andrew@jr-adventures.com) and I'll get some to you ASAP.

Coach305 wrote:

Hi, Andy!  Your post is the best Bona-news I've heard in a bit.  I also live in Iowa, but closer to Omaha, Nebraska than Des Moines.  I also have occasion to travel to the Kansas City/St. Joseph area in Missouri fairly often, so if you need someone to cross state lines, I'm your man (as Leonard Cohen might say)!  big_smile

Hey there Coach! I'm as excited to be here as you are to have me! Glad to have you on the team.

RickB wrote:

Hi Andy and a hearty welcome. Standing by to help in any way down here in San Diego, just as I've done in the past. Good luck in the job and we're all looking forward to good things from you.
Rick

Hi Rick! Glad to hear about the support in So Cal, I plan on exceeding your expectations.

Jane H. wrote:

Hi Andy!!!
I'll send you an email with my contact info and more details. I am in the Baltimore area and I am very glad to hear from you here. smile
Besides wanting Joe to have success, my motivation as a street teamer / fan is also to help others find his music so that they can feel as good as we do.
Please let me know ASAP what you need from us. I also think the forum is a great place to leave info so that when we see others asking elsewhere we can direct them to the official word and help eliminate any potential confusion.
As Cathy mentioned I got the title of captain a time or two for the area but last year's show was the only time I really helped other teamers on a specific task with flyers for a show etc. I have always looked at the street team as a day to day, fan to fan fun thing too. I am on FB and can share stuff there but I am best at the personal testimony type of teaming so I am very much interested to find out what the General can use us for at times when there is not a show nearby or a new release.
Please look for my email.
Thank you! Welcome! Good Luck!!!!

PS: I am also interested in Street Teaming for Black Country Communion if that is also under your command now smile

Hey Jane, absolutely agree that the forum is an incredible resource. It gives you direct access to "management" (not a fan of referring to ourselves as that, but you get the gist) and is a great means to stay in touch and communicate with other fans.

I'm really pleased to hear about your one-on-one efforts to turn people onto Joe, as I feel people are more inclined to give an artist a chance when recommended by a passionate friend.

photogal wrote:

Hi Andy!

I've been with the Street Team promoting Joe in the St. Louis area since 2007! I also photograph on average 5-7 shows a year and my photos have been used in Live From Nowhere in Particular and on t-shirts and the web site. I plan on attending and photographing the Kansas City show on 11/2 and St. Louis on 11/3.  Let me know what I can do for St. Louis!

~Rhonda Pierce

Wow, that's awesome Rhonda! Looking forward to seeing some new pics and I'll be in contact with you in the next few weeks regarding the November shows. Thanks!

dknight16 wrote:

Hello Andy.  I'm active in the SE Michigan and NW Ohio regions.  I'd like to get a flyer template/file that I can print out and distribute in order to promote the upcoming show in Toledo.  I used to live in Toledo and have some great contacts at 2 indie record stores, as well as some music stores (instruments and lessons) and a few other ideas.  I can't make anything professional looking on my own, but I can certainly print and distribute flyers you guys help me with.  I'm ready when you are!

That's awesome to hear dknight. I'll get you those fliers soon.

stefanhauk wrote:

Wow Andrew has really went the extra mile!! He has provided fast and really warm, enthusiastic service!

Not only did he assure my M+G, he also checked out my website in my email signature and watched one of my live performances, what an absolute champion! Can't express how grateful I am!

All I can do is congratulate the J&R office on their excellent selection for Street Team 'General'!!

Thank you Andrew!

All the best from Australia,

- Stefan

Thanks for the kind words Stefan. While MnG opportunities are extremely limited, especially in the US, giving you the chance to meet Joe while he's down under makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Like I said, I'm a music lover and fan first and foremost. I've been in your shoes (getting to meet your favorite artist) before, it's a once in a lifetime experience and it's my pleasure to provide you with that. Can't wait to see pictures of you two together and your signed JB Epiphone!

I'd also encourage everyone here to check out Stefan's page: http://stefanhauk.webs.com

Hard to believe a 16 year old can play and sing like that!

Just to reiterate, my efforts for the next few weeks are going to be highly focused on working with the ST in Asia then Australia and starting in October it's full steam ahead for Joe's Fall 2012 US tour.

Be on the lookout for Spring 2013 tour info towards the end of September....

Andy, there's a sticky thread under Other Artists that showcases the young talent on this forum. We've got some awesome young players wink   Cathy

Wow thank you again Andrew, great to see that you are embracing us fans and the forum, which many of us believe was the downfall of previous street team Generals, your future looks promising Andrew, you're doing great, keep up all the great work!

All the best from Australia!

Stefan

stefanhauk wrote:

Wow thank you again Andrew, great to see that you are embracing us fans and the forum, which many of us believe was the downfall of previous street team Generals, your future looks promising Andrew, you're doing great, keep up all the great work!

All the best from Australia!

Stefan

Can't comment on previous ST leaders, but I understand that without you ladies and gents, there would be no need for my position. You're there for Joe, I'm here for you.

28 (edited by wvgirlinky 2012-08-28 14:18:32)

Hi Andy,  My name is Mary Moore and I am a new street team member.  Just joined after seeing Joe for the first time in May.  I am in Western Kentucky which is a great locations for any concerts in the following areas that are only 1/2 to 3 hours away from me.

Louisville, Ky
Evansville, IN
Indianapolis, In
Nashville, TN
St. Louis, MO
Cincinnati OH
Lexington, KY

My husband and I are both willing to help in anyway needed.  We have been giving out bumper stickers we bought from Joe's website.  We spread all the links and postings by Joe's team. We have become addicted like so many to the wonderful music of Joe Bonamassa.
You are correct when you say the people on here want Joe to succeed.  I have never seen anything like it.  While I have only posted here a few times.  The all -the- timers are friendly, open and helpful if you have any questions.  It speaks volumes of what type of person Joe is to gain such a loyal fan base over his career.

I think all of Joe's fans new and old alike want to see the rest of the world exposed  to Joe's music and through that love  of his music help Joe Bonamassa achieve world domination:)!

Good luck in you new job.  I hope you settle in quickly and let the fun begin.

wvgirlinky wrote:

Hi Andy,  My name is Mary Moore and I am a new street team member.  Just joined after seeing Joe for the first time in May.  I am in Western Kentucky which is a great locations for any concerts int the following areas that are only 1/2 to 3 hours away from me.

Louisville, Ky
Evansville, IN
Indianapolis, In
Nashville, TN
St. Louis, MO
Cincinnati OH
Lexington, KY

My husband and I are both willing to help in anyway needed.  We have been giving out bumper stickers we bought from Joe's website.  We spread all the links and postings by Joe's team. We have become addicted like so many to the wonderful music of Joe Bonamassa.
You are correct when you say the people on here want Joe to succeed.  I have never seen anything like it.  While I have only posted here a few times.  The all -the- timers are friendly, open and helpful if you have any questions.  It speaks volumes of what type of person Joe is to gain such a loyal fan base over his career.

I think all of Joe's fans new and old alike want to see the rest of the world exposed  to Joe's music and through that love  of his music help Joe Bonamassa achieve world domination:)!

Good luck in you new job.  I hope you settle in quickly and let the fun begin.

Hey Mary, thanks for the comment and email. I can't thank you and Rick enough for spreading the gospel of Joe to your friends! I'll be in touch with you in the next few weeks and we can start planning on how to promote as many of those shows as you'd like to help out with. Thanks again!

Sounds great Jane, looking forward to your suggestions!

Wow Quick replies Andy.  Thanks a bunch.  I know the fall concerts will be great

Hi Andy! I've been a Street Teamer since 2006 here in the Minneapolis area. Me and my gal Renee are ready to help promote Joe's upcoming show in Minneapolis next April. Just let us know what you need. Great to have you in Joe's camp!

Street Team Andy wrote:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself as the new director of the JB Street Team! I know there's been some turnover and subsequent unresponsiveness in this position over the past few months. I assure you that I plan on sticking around and offering the stability, communication and leadership to channel your love of Joe and his music into unforgettable experiences. With all of your help and insight of course.

A little about me: I'm a music lover. I was raised on it and love all types. I've been a musician myself (piano and trumpet from elementary through high school) and even joined a music fraternity in college (Phi Mu Alpha). I understand and share your passion as his most die-hard fans. I've been there. There's nothing else in the world like seeing your favorite artist lose himself on stage during a performance, especially one with as much raw talent as Joe. I've moderated forums before and plan on checking ours daily.

During my interview, one of the things Roy told me that really stuck with me and helped seal the deal in my mind was that not only are his fans some of the most passionate and loyal around, you guys and gals truly want to see him succeed. You want to see him do well and are ready and willing to go above and beyond to help promote his shows, CD's and the man himself. It's for that reason that you street teamers are his most valuable assets. You're there for Joe, I'm here for you.

There are a lot of ideas running through my mind and I want us to do something huge together- this is just the beginning. Need fliers for an upcoming show in your area? I've got you. Your feedback is invaluable, I want it. Share with me your thoughts and concerns, this forum is a great means of direct communication. Tickets for those willing to really bust their hump for Joe? I can do that. Special promotions for my street team? Of course.

We're 8800 strong. I want to see us at 10,000 by the end of this year. Get your friends involved, everyone can appreciate good music.

My email address is andrew@jr-adventures.com, don't hesitate to contact me directly and please bear with me for these first few weeks while I learn the ropes and familiarize myself with the Joe Bonamassa-verse. I'm beyond excited and really looking forward to serving as the leader of the JB Army.

Yours,

General Andy

P.S. I know I have a huge list of ST members, but I'd like to know who the most active and involved are, so if you can share your name, email and location with me (either by posting in this thread or sending me an email), I'm going to start compiling my list of captains that can lead the ST efforts in their respective areas. Thanks! Any questions?

Hello Andy,
Keith Gilmer from Georgia. Welcome aboard. Hope to see you in Columbus , Georgia in November.

If you get Joe in NW Arkansas, shoot me an email. Been street teaming since 2006.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Hello Andy, 
I'm a street teamer from the Orlando area.  Been around since 2006.  I'll be at three or maybe four Florida shows in December.  Shoot me an email if you need any help in Orlando.

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Deezer wrote:

If you get Joe in NW Arkansas, shoot me an email. Been street teaming since 2006.

Thanks for your long-term commitment Deezer, will do.

susan wrote:

Hello Andy, 
I'm a street teamer from the Orlando area.  Been around since 2006.  I'll be at three or maybe four Florida shows in December.  Shoot me an email if you need any help in Orlando.

Hi Susan! I'm an '08 Knight! UCF represent! Glad to hear you're ready and willing, I'll definitely be calling on you come December.

Artisan wrote:

Hello Andy,
Keith Gilmer from Georgia. Welcome aboard. Hope to see you in Columbus , Georgia in November.

Hiya Keith! I wish I got to travel with Joe, that'd be incredible. Unfortunately someone has to man the fort while he's touring the world selling out venues and melting faces with his guitars. While you won't see me, you will be hearing from me soon!

Lee wrote:

Hi Andy! I've been a Street Teamer since 2006 here in the Minneapolis area. Me and my gal Renee are ready to help promote Joe's upcoming show in Minneapolis next April. Just let us know what you need. Great to have you in Joe's camp!

Hey there Lee! Glad to hear I've got some support in the Minneapolis area!

I think it's really incredible that everyone is so willing to help promote Joe, your excitement excites me! I think I came in at the right time- Asia and Australia will allow me to get my feet and by the time he starts his US leg of the tour in the fall, I'll have a much more solid understanding of everything so that we can really work together to pack these venues!

Hi Andy, congratulations.  Sent you an email...but ready and willing to help overflow the Stranahan Theatre in Toledo, Ohio.  Best of luck

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo