Topic: New cd............ Sloe Gin?????

Mascot records news..........  http://www.mascotrecords.com/index.php? … mp;pid=233

Re: New cd............ Sloe Gin?????

WOW! I wonder if the Title really will be "Sloe Gin"? Thanks Annelies

I heard joe mention that the title of the new cd is going to be sloe gin  he said that after the elgin show

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

You are correct!!!! Makes me remember my youth when I drank "Fizzes"!!!!!

Very interesting news!

Music is good for the Soul...

Jane H. wrote:

do these lyrics sound familiar gary or anyone who's heard it? if so its listed on the site i found these lyrics as a Tim Curry song

Sloe Gin, sloe Gin
Tryin´ to wash away the pain inside
Well I´m sick and I´m all done in
and I´m standing in the rain
and I feel like I´m gonna cry

I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely
and I ain´t even high
I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely
and I feel like I´m gonna die

Mayday, mayday I´ve been shot down
over the stormy sea
Well I swear that I´m drifteing away
Just can´t get a grip on me
Well..I can´t even try

I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely
and I ain´t even high
I hate to go home alone,
But what else is new ?
I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely

I hate to go home alone,
But what else is new ?
I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely
I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely

You stand and bleeding people pass you by
Don´t matter if you live
Don´t matter if you die

Sloe Gin, sloe Gin
and I fell like I´m gonna cry

I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely
and I ain´t even high
I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely...

I dont remember the lyrics from the show ,but joe said it was a tim curry song

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Yes it is the Tim Curry Song, actually its a Bob Ezerin and Michael Kamen song.  We did the PG 13 version not the R version.  Its a beautiful track that Kevin found and he produced so great.  It has strings and is just beautiful. And yes the name of the album is Sloe Gin..  by the way thanks Jane for the Jeff Beck Shirt.. 
Joe Bonamassa

I think we should have a contest to see who's the first person to be able to reserve a copy. big_smile

The cover art looks awesome.

Nancy

I'm just saying.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Yes it is the Tim Curry Song, actually its a Bob Ezerin and Michael Kamen song.  We did the PG 13 version not the R version.  Its a beautiful track that Kevin found and he produced so great.  It has strings and is just beautiful. And yes the name of the album is Sloe Gin..  by the way thanks Jane for the Jeff Beck Shirt.. 
Joe Bonamassa

Hey Joe-

Thanks for doing the PG 13 version, I don't think Nico could have handle the R version. LOL lol

TIm Curry as in Rocky Horror Picture Show and Home Alone II??  Never heard it but I'm sure whatever Joe does with it will be stunning.  Looking forward to seeing Joe (and Walter Trout) in a few weeks in Hagerstown, MD....y'all should come, us Marylanders'll show you how to parTAY!

Keep on rockin' the blues..

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

11 (edited by kwsjb1238 2007-05-09 22:05:53)

That's an awesome title for the new record- good choice Joe!  Can't wait to hear it!  Awesome looking cover too- if that is the cover...

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

I´m so @#$%^^&# lonely
and I ain´t even high

great line

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied

Bob Ezrin is great.

Where can I see the cover art?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hey NPB, go to the first post in this thread .....Cathy

Great song - Joe's vocals fit very well and it has some room to really stretch out on the guitar. Band was very (extremely) tight and brought this song roaring to life. No telling what it will be like in a couple of weeks.

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

BluesMan wrote:

Hey, if you look at Annelies first post on this thread and click on the website, it appears the release date was moved up. Yesterday it was 8/20/07 and now it's 7/27/07. Good news if that's correct!

Maybe that is the European release date, since You and Me was earlier in Europe vs. the US...

Music is good for the Soul...

Sloe Gin

Sloe Gin, sloe Gin
and I feel like I´m gonna cry

This is the Asking around for you of the new album , it's a atmospheric beautiful haunting slow song & melody with a Totally Awesome Solo to finish , 12 minutes long so Joe says ....... cannot wait for that sound
Kevin Shirley done a great job of finding this and letting Joe & the Boys put their own silky touch to mmmmmm

michael         smile

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg