Topic: NEW SONGS

I see that Joe has included two new songs to the setlist as he kicks off his 2007 tour...Does anyone know if these are songs written by Joe or covers?...He indicated earlier that he would be doing at least 3 new ones from the new CD...Any scoops on the 3rd song?...Thanks...

The Other Joe B.

Re: NEW SONGS

I know one of the songs he did "Sloe Gin" he said after the show was a cover . I'm not sure about any others.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I'm pretty sure he said they were both covers. There was no third song. We all felt gypped. (kidding) LOL

I'm just saying.

Nancy in Chicago wrote:

I'm pretty sure he said they were both covers. There was no third song. We all felt gypped. (kidding) LOL

Actually, I was thinking about that. Joe said he was playing three songs off the new album (which at one point was going to be an acoustic album) and three from You & Me. I wonder if the acoustic version of High Water is on the new album?? It would be a bit odd to have two versions of the same song on consecutive albums, but since he played Bridge, Django and Askin Around for You, it would make the math work.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Actually, I was thinking about that. Joe said he was playing three songs off the new album (which at one point was going to be an acoustic album) and three from You & Me. I wonder if the acoustic version of High Water is on the new album?? It would be a bit odd to have two versions of the same song on consecutive albums, but since he played Bridge, Django and Askin Around for You, it would make the math work.

So he played an acoustic version of High Water Everywhere?

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

My guess is that the third new song has not been played yet. Maybe they're fine tuning it for the live show. The setlist will probably evolve a little bit with the new band.

He played the 3rd new on in Grand Rapids on Sunday night :-)

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Melissa wrote:

He played the 3rd new on in Grand Rapids on Sunday night :-)

Hi Melissa, what was it?

Music is good for the Soul...

kwsjb1238 wrote:
Bill S wrote:
Nancy in Chicago wrote:

So he played an acoustic version of High Water Everywhere?

Oh yeah!!! It's hard to pick a highlight to the show, but that one certainly sticks out in my mind.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"