1 (edited by Brett 2006-05-31 11:22:17)

Topic: Rebel Meets Rebel !

Rebel Meets Rebel

Just picked this one up and it's been a long time since I've heard great music like nothing I've ever heard before, but this one is unbelievable !  The boys from Pantera, Vinnie, Dime, and T Rex, teamed up with country legend David Allan Coe and put together a great album !  This isn't just some novelty thing, this album kicks **** !  No filler, just great music from beginning to end ! 

Here's a link to the website.  I noticed the soundclips feature mostly Dimebag tearing it up and doesn't really show the diversity of the whole album.  However the video at the top of the page for "Nothing To Lose" is awesome !  Enjoy !

http://www.rebelmeetsrebel.com/main.html

Dime Lives !!!!   yikes

Re: Rebel Meets Rebel !

I didnt care for it and Im a huge metal head.  Huge Zakk Wylde fan so I'll leave my comments to myself.  I like it cause its Dimes last recordings but other than that its no different than anything else he's done.  But its music so if you like it rock loud and hard man!!

Not to be an ****...but I won't listen to any band that has the confederate flag in its materials. 

I had a conversation about this very topic with a friend recently.  We talked about the fans of lynyrd skynrd.  Or however you spell it.

For me, I cannot deny that those songs from SO LONG ago were great.

But there fans limited them.  I am simply not going to a show where the confederate flag comes out, and some yahoo tells me its the rebel flag.

Its not the rebel flag...its the flag of slavery.

Anyway, skynrd was never really allowed to move beyond that moment.  The moment of the crash or whatever, the movie time.  There fans longed for that time passed, and they never got do move beyond it.

Plus there fans that I have seen at state fairs, and whatever...well I won't say.

No denying the power of skynrd...but any band that has a guy in every bar in america drunkenly yelling for freebird...and meaning it...not cool

Dino wrote:

Not to be an ****...but I won't listen to any band that has the confederate flag in its materials. 

I had a conversation about this very topic with a friend recently.  We talked about the fans of lynyrd skynrd.  Or however you spell it.

For me, I cannot deny that those songs from SO LONG ago were great.

But there fans limited them.  I am simply not going to a show where the confederate flag comes out, and some yahoo tells me its the rebel flag.

Its not the rebel flag...its the flag of slavery.

Anyway, skynrd was never really allowed to move beyond that moment.  The moment of the crash or whatever, the movie time.  There fans longed for that time passed, and they never got do move beyond it.

Plus there fans that I have seen at state fairs, and whatever...well I won't say.

No denying the power of skynrd...but any band that has a guy in every bar in america drunkenly yelling for freebird...and meaning it...not cool

I certainly can not take issue with you exercising your freedom to listen or not listen to any given musical artist based on whatever reasons you choose. It's also ok in my opinion for you take exception to what the confederate flag means and represents to you. I do question the wisdom of assuming that other people and/or musical artists who display the confederate flag hold ANY beliefs and/or values that are consistent with your perceptions of them. I'm not insensitive to the issue either. I have quite a mulit-cultural extended family and I am VERY intolerant of bigots and racists - but I think it unwise to project a belief system upon a band, artist or person based SOLELY on the image of that flag...

I went back and listened to the album again and its better than I thought.  So Im going to change my "average' rating to "above average"   smile

Ballgame wrote:

I went back and listened to the album again and its better than I thought.  So Im going to change my "average' rating to "above average"   smile

I knew you would come around !  Like I said, the soundclips don't really do the album justice.  The song "Arizona Rivers" has a real spacy, trippy sound, and the song "Heart Worn Highway" sounds like Pantera meets Marshall Tucker !

I don't think there's any middle ground on this one.  You'll either love it or hate it !