Topic: Ten Years After Live At The Fillmore East

Now I think Joe has expressed admiration for Alvin Lee.

So I am about to do the same.

If you dig Ten Years After, pick up their Live At The Fillmore East double cd.

This is Alvin Lee at this best.  As well as the rest of the band.

Great liner notes inside by drummer Ric Lee.

This heavy duty blues jamming gang.

No b.s.

Re: Ten Years After Live At The Fillmore East

I've seen Mr. Lee and TYA a half dozen times, but not in the last 25 years. Alvin was really something to see. Blueser, I think I had that on vinyl...may have to pick up the cd.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Wolfgang's Vault featured a Ten Years After show from 1970 @ Winterland the week before last. I gave it a listen since I was at the same show, junior in high school. Concerts just don't have that kind of free form feel any more. TYA is touring again, unfortunately Alvin isn't with them though.

Think Green,

J Dawg

"Baby won't you let me, rock n roll you" ...............Alvin Lee

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Bill S wrote:

I've seen Mr. Lee and TYA a half dozen times, but not in the last 25 years. Alvin was really something to see. Blueser, I think I had that on vinyl...may have to pick up the cd.

I would have really liked to have seen TYA but never got the opportunity.  Had most of there albums.  Really liked them playing at Woodstock, "Going Home"...

Music is good for the Soul...

TYA is coming here to the Detroit area soon but Im not sure if Alvin Lee is with them. Anybody know id Alvin is still playing with the band?

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

zosozep7 wrote:

TYA is coming here to the Detroit area soon but Im not sure if Alvin Lee is with them. Anybody know id Alvin is still playing with the band?

Rob

Ohiodawg reported above that Alvin is not touring with TYA.  Too bad...

Music is good for the Soul...

Joe Gooch is playing guitar with TYA nowadays. Go to there website to sample TYA now.

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

David A. wrote:
zosozep7 wrote:

Rob

Ohiodawg reported above that Alvin is not touring with TYA.  Too bad...

It would be absolutely SICK if he was!!!

J Dawg

Thanks Dudes! I seen Alvin Lee and TYA back around 86 or 87. Cant remember what year exactly. Actually I think it might have just been Alvin Lee but Steppenwolf with John Kay and Roger Mcguinn also played that show. Great concert. I remember that Alvin Lee had that song out at the time called Detroit Deisel. Im Going Home was the highlioght for me. Maybe even Steppenwolfs Pusher Man.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You