145 (edited by kestrou 2012-05-02 21:11:15)

Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

Chuck wrote:

Man, I just talked with Guitar Center in Greenwood, Indiana and my JB Es-335 is at the store waiting on me! I'm in Iowa until Friday morning, and I probably won't sleep well now knowing that it's there.

I'm worse than a kid waiting on Santa to show up!:)

Gee... that means I'm closer to Greenwood than you are right now! smile

Pretty sure I've been there and bought a pair of Ampeg bass cabinets in about 1995 - 18" woofer in the bottom cabinet, pair of 8's and a horn in the top.  Still have'em.

So...  I know the way there!!!

kestrou

If these had the standard 335 Dot '60's slim neck, I would buy one.
But I'm satisfied with the three 335 Dot's I have now.

SlyStrat wrote:

Slim neck?  Pfffft!  I need a guitar neck I can wrap my big mittens around - and this delivers! smile

kestrou

148 (edited by Chuck 2012-05-05 09:32:31)

I picked up mine today!  Man, I'm in love!

JB 026

It will be with me at my "Meet and Greet" with Joe tomorrow in Indy!

A little History:  Chuck has wanted an ES 335, Tobacco Burst for a couple of years. I was saving for the one I want when I found out about this one. I pulled out all the stops and ordered Joe's signature copy from Gibson, and I'm sooooo! Glad I did!

Thanks to a lot of "String Pulling" from my friends( Mike, and a couple more!) at Guitar Center, in Greenwood, Indiana, I was able to get mine in my hands 1 day before Joe's show and 1 day before my "Meet and Greet"

Man, I love my Guitar Center!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Still waiting mad

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Congrats, Chuck - only way to cut it closer would be to pick it up on the way to the gig! smile

kestrou

Congrats Chuck!  NGD is an awesome thing.  I didn't try to get a M&G for this show since Alexis really came through for me last year in Michigan, and I have a six hour drive to get there tomorrow.  Enjoy the M&G and "see you" at the show!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Yahoo Chuck!

Likewise I have always loved the tobacco bursts, alomost bought one last Fall, but held off. Glad I did!

I'm still waiting or GC to confirm mine, getting antsy!

Online it says one is available in Columbus, might be making a roadtrip.

kestrou wrote:
SlyStrat wrote:

Slim neck?  Pfffft!  I need a guitar neck I can wrap my big mittens around - and this delivers! smile

kestrou

Good for you. You're such a man...

I went to the Indianapolis show on Saturday and was also at the "Meet and Greet" with Joe! I think mine was the first production model that Joe was able to inspect. Kestrou was right behind me with the 2nd one but I'll let him tell you about that!

Joe was an absolute pleasure to meet (2nd time for me!).  Joe played my Guitar and was kind enough to sign it for me behind the Headstock. I think the world of Joe Bonamassa and the music he plays. I've met a number of famous people in my day but there have been none that meant as much to me as Joe. In my book, there isn't anyone (past or present) that moves me as much as Joe does with his music.

I will cherish this guitar like no other and I fully intend to play this beauty all the time!

Here are a few pictures of the "Meet and Greet", and there are 2 pictures of Joe playing his 61 on stage.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/Xspf9xQ7/335.html

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

SlyStrat wrote:
kestrou wrote:
SlyStrat wrote:

kestrou

Haha! Tell him SlyStrat!

156 (edited by TJNies 2012-05-07 19:05:58)

Chuck, that's awesome!
I see a couple pictures from your attachment show Joe with his in concert - what songs did he use it for?

I ended up having to have mine shipped from another store. GC.com was being evasive about when / if I was to have it.

The mgr at the local GC found that they had 2 in inventory, made sure one had not been opened yet, and had them ship out.
Extra fee to ship, but only $44 for 3-day delivery.

Still cutting it close, but as long as the other store ships quickly, I should have by Saturday (which is the Pgh concert).

TJNies wrote:

Chuck, that's awesome!
I see a couple pictures from your attachment show Joe with his in concert - what songs did he use it for?

I ended up having to have mine shipped from another store. GC.com was being evasive about when / if I was to have it.

The mgr at the local GC found that they had 2 in inventory, made sure one had not been opened yet, and had them ship out.
Extra fee to ship, but only $44 for 3-day delivery.

Still cutting it close, but as long as the other store ships quickly, I should have by Saturday (which is the Pgh concert).

TJ, that is great news on the guitar! Keep us posted on the progress!  If memory serves me, Joe played "Lonesome Road Blues" on his 61.

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Mine has arrived and is now in my greedy possession! #035.

Story behind the shipping, I'll relate in the Registry section. Just in time for the Pittsburgh concert tomorrow!!

Did anyone else have some "sawdust" in their case? Not much, assume its from inside the guitar. Seems weird.

TJNies wrote:

Story behind the shipping, I'll relate in the Registry section. Just in time for the Pittsburgh concert tomorrow!!

Did anyone else have some "sawdust" in their case? Not much, assume its from inside the guitar. Seems weird.

TERMITES? yikes wink

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

160 (edited by kestrou 2012-05-11 14:18:10)

helrazr84 wrote:
SlyStrat wrote:
kestrou wrote:

kestrou

Haha! Tell him SlyStrat!

You know what they say about guys with big hands don't you?

They wear big mittens! wink

Much love, brothers - I'm just happy it had a big neck because that's what I like.

kestrou

TJNies wrote:

Congrats!!  Maybe I'll see you at the show, might have my Caps jersey on smile  It wasn't a lot, but I guess I had sawdust in mine as well.

Jim

TJNies wrote:

Great News TJ!  You get your's 1 day before the event! same scenario as me just one week before! Yes, there was a little sawdust in my case too! Nothing major but it was there!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana