1 (edited by helrazr84 2012-03-27 22:14:20)

Topic: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

Got the "Easter Savings Event" advertisement in mail today from Guitar Center and right inside the cover is a picture of an apparent new inspired by model ES-335 model based on "his" '61. Looks similar to the shade of the Bonaburst Model Les Paul. 2999 Retail.

Surprised nobody has said anything yet? -Seth

Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

Wow, thats cool.  I don't put Joe and 335's together though.  I know he's played them for years and on the back of a new day yesterday is his 61' and him sitting there with it.  Should be a cool guitar, I'm glad its less then $4000 for those who wanted to step into a Signature model but want something more then a USA model.  I just feel like Gibson is putting his name on about anything they can right now, most likely driven by this very forum.

tJust opened my GC ad. as well.  Caught me by surprise.  I'm like, "That's Joe!".  Custom ES-335???  How'd I'd miss that one.  I guess it was a well kept secret big_smile Yes, cool and I guess a reasonable price tag. 

Gibson is putting his name on about anything they can right now

So are the rest the them smile  SD, Dunlop, EB, etc.

Jim

Seth, where did you see the retail price?

BTW, the interview link in the ad points to an "old" interview, doesn't talk about this new guitar.

Thanks

I did some googling, but couldn't find it - anybody got a link?

kestrou

Wow...start saving your pennies again

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

I think Gibson Custom's facebook posted the 335 photos and said it was based off Bonamassa's guitar. I see this more as JB is a collector of historical guitars, and it's based of one of those, not that he is popular for performing with.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

I think it's a pretty cool idea.

The links with pictures of the factory vist that Jclark posted can be found in this thread - https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=20256

I'm sure Joe will be telling us about it soon.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

I also found some great photography of Joe and his guitars in the Les Paul Forum. The '61 335 is included.

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=178022

I got the same Guitar Center ad today in the mail. It's listed in the the ad as "An Expertly Hand-Crafted Custom Shop ES-335 Inspired by Joe Bonamassa" going for $2999.99.

Interesting!

- Just because i have a short attention span doesn't mean

jclark42796 wrote:

Seth, where did you see the retail price?

BTW, the interview link in the ad points to an "old" interview, doesn't talk about this new guitar.

Thanks

The guitar is shown on another page, don't have it in front of me at the moment, but the price is listed underneath. I checked Guitar Center "Platinum" online section, and it wasn't on there. Probably will be soon. I'm surprised its not too much more than a regular new 335 Dot, with bound neck. Been looking for a 335 for a while, but gonna stick with used hopefully under the 2K mark, but this is a really gorgeous guitar. -S

JBFan1 wrote:

I got the same Guitar Center ad today in the mail. It's listed in the the ad as "An Expertly Hand-Crafted Custom Shop ES-335 Inspired by Joe Bonamassa" going for $2999.99.

I won't tell your wife if you won't tell mine, deal?! smile

kestrou

PSmith1946 wrote:

SPAM REPORTED

PSmith, can you delete your post? Quoting what they wrote keeps their link up and active...

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

15 (edited by SlyStrat 2012-03-28 21:09:40)

Love my 335. Just bought a second one. They might push my Les Paul's to the back...

Anyone familiar with the neck shape of a '61 335?

Jimmy wrote:

I read its a slim '60's neck profile.

Jimmy wrote:

I don't know the specifics on any differences in 335's rear neck profiles, but I always assumed they were on the thin side. They do make a "fat neck" version thats a bit thicker but not supposed to be as thick as some LP's necks.

Right on SlyStrat. Les Paul is cool, but these just have a great sound.