Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

Ok, update from my end - talked to my local GC guy this morning, he confirmed I was in the shipment projected for May 1st  and said Gibson could ship directly to me, but he wasn't interested in getting one transferred from another store (guess that wouldn't count as "his" store's sales?).

Well, since May 1st is just a projection, I called back one of the stores I talked to in California last night that had two of them - one on the wall and one still in the unopened box - and have the boxed one en route now.  It's paid for and en route via UPS - and I have tracking number showing it moving across the Rockies now. Have cancelled my order with the local store...

Whew! I've never worked so hard to get a guitar - but that makes it special, right? wink

kestrou

kestrou wrote:

Ok, update from my end - talked to my local GC guy this morning, he confirmed I was in the shipment projected for May 1st  and said Gibson could ship directly to me, but he wasn't interested in getting one transferred from another store (guess that wouldn't count as "his" store's sales?).

Well, since May 1st is just a projection, I called back one of the stores I talked to in California last night that had two of them - one on the wall and one still in the unopened box - and have the boxed one en route now.  It's paid for and en route via UPS - and I have tracking number showing it moving across the Rockies now. Have cancelled my order with the local store...

Whew! I've never worked so hard to get a guitar - but that makes it special, right? wink

kestrou

That is good to hear! I will look forward to your review and pictures!  If mine doesn't make it by the 5th, I'll take a look at yours.

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Chuck wrote:

That is good to hear! I will look forward to your review and pictures!  If mine doesn't make it by the 5th, I'll take a look at yours.

Remember, Chuck - we have to call the ES-335 "the wife's guitar!" lol

And... you never did say if we're getting together for dinner after the M&G and before the show?  I think we'll have a little time to burn and the Rathskeller is just across the street, you know! smile

kestrou

Nihon Jim wrote:

Just played one at a local GC.

She was a gorgeous guitar and sounded wonderful.

However, too pricey for me, especially considering I already own a '96 and a '98 335.

That said. If I start saving my pennies now, perhaps by Christmas...

This the Fairfax store.  I am swinging in their this afternoon.  Love the color and after how nice my New 330 is I maybe tempted to get one of these

kestrou wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Remember, Chuck - we have to call the ES-335 "the wife's guitar!" lol

And... you never did say if we're getting together for dinner after the M&G and before the show?  I think we'll have a little time to burn and the Rathskeller is just across the street, you know! smile

kestrou

The wife and I are game for dinner after the Meet & Greet if we have time (We should!)

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Available on Musician's Friend site

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ … ric-guitar

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

Available on Musician's Friend site

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ … ric-guitar

With a $335 premium?  Maybe they confused the price w/ the model number big_smile

Funny, I read somewhere that ES-335 originally stood for "Electric Spanish guitar for $335.00"

LOL not sure if thats true but it would be cool.  ES for sure is Electric Spanish guitar.

136 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2012-04-26 15:35:39)

xcorporate wrote:

Funny, I read somewhere that ES-335 originally stood for "Electric Spanish guitar for $335.00"

fast forward to 7:25 in this video....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RREirAjSxJw

Per Ted McCarty, this is true.
"ES-335 = $335 Electric Spanish guitar
ES-355 = $355 Electric Spanish guitar
Super 400 was a super guitar for $400." - Paul Reed Smith

The video also talks about how they originally made goldtops to hide the maple caps on the guitars.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Yeah curley maple is so undesirable!

Well, GC indicated that I will NOT be among the 335's that have arrived and going out to customers.

RATS!

However, they did say that another shipment is coming in around May 7, and I should be in that group. Unless they ship pretty quickly I won't have in time for the 5-12 Pgh show.

TJNies wrote:

Well, GC indicated that I will NOT be among the 335's that have arrived and going out to customers.

RATS!

However, they did say that another shipment is coming in around May 7, and I should be in that group. Unless they ship pretty quickly I won't have in time for the 5-12 Pgh show.

One way around it... call a GC that has one on the rack and have it shipped from there! wink

kestrou

Kestrou, tried that. Rep said none are available in stores rt now either.

But they said that it isn't necessarily true that I'm not in this shipment either. She said thay are still looking at inventory and wouldn't have that figured out until Friday. Further, she said she couldn't see why I wouldn't since there were 5 orders being filled and they had more than that in the shpment.

So, who knows? Guess I'll find out by Friday!

TJNies wrote:

But they said that it isn't necessarily true that I'm not in this shipment either. She said thay are still looking at inventory and wouldn't have that figured out until Friday. Further, she said she couldn't see why I wouldn't since there were 5 orders being filled and they had more than that in the shpment.

If the rep you're talking to is at your local store, then don't believe them! smile

Go to guitarcenter.com and look up the customer service number there and call them to find out what is where nationwide.

kestrou

kestrou wrote:
TJNies wrote:

If the rep you're talking to is at your local store, then don't believe them! smile

Go to guitarcenter.com and look up the customer service number there and call them to find out what is where nationwide.

kestrou

There were 7 ordered, Kestrou cancelled his and picked up one from a California store. I cancelled mine, and my Guitar Center rep at the store found one at the Distribution Center in Brownsburg, Indiana and he grabbed that one for me. My store did an awesome job running down mine. Brownsburg isn't even the local distribution center, it is a sorting and routing facilility. It took some doing but my store really took care of me. Mine will be in the store tomorrow and I'll pick it up Friday morning as soon as the doors open.

That leaves 5 orders for the initial 12 guitars being shipped. The guy I talked to last week said I was on the list for the first to receive them and because you ordered yours a day or so ahead of me, I would like to think you'll get yours on the first shipment.

They told me I would have been.

Keep the faith TJ! I'm hoping for you!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Thanks guys!
Kestrou, I did call the GC.com number, that's who gave me the information.

Chuck, your story coincides with the second call I made, that person seemed to think I should be in that shipment.
She also said if I was among the second maybe they could find a way to expidite shipment.
Of course, I sold them on the idea that there's a chance JB himself might want to play mine in the Pgh concert (more hopeful than lie!) smile

Man, I just talked with Guitar Center in Greenwood, Indiana and my JB Es-335 is at the store waiting on me! I'm in Iowa until Friday morning, and I probably won't sleep well now knowing that it's there.

I'm worse than a kid waiting on Santa to show up!:)

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana