Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

After hearing that some are arriving, and getting another backorder email from GC, I called them to see if they could give a time frame.

The guy there said that there are 5 supposed to ship in early May; he said that based on the date of my order and the date of that notice, I "might" be among the 5. If not, then the next scheduled shipment wasn't until early July.

I'm not very patient, so if I don't get in the May shipment, may decide to cancel.

Dudes!!  Im dying to see one and see how they came out!!  Bring em down!! 
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

I'll see you at the SLC show this weekend but I'm bringing my parents and not a new guitar; sorry. smile

It's their 50th wedding anniversary this year and I was thinking - "hey, why not a massively cool Joe B show as a present."

conorb

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

I'm trying, Joe - I'm trying!

Bringing my Bonaburst to the Indy M&G, Have the ES-335 ordered as wifey's "first guitar" (mighty nice of me, don't you think? smile ) and she's *dying* to have it hand to get a pic/siggy of it with you - which would be pretty motivating to her for learning.

kestrou

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Tell Gibson CS to hurry their asses up and I'll bring it to the Hartford Show! big_smile

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

I'm trying too! It's been paid for and there are obviously a few getting to stores. I'm as anxious as you are. With a little luck they ship it to me before the Indianapolis show.

I'm hoping it makes it, right now I'm like a little kid waiting on Santa!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

TJNies wrote:

After hearing that some are arriving, and getting another backorder email from GC, I called them to see if they could give a time frame.

The guy there said that there are 5 supposed to ship in early May; he said that based on the date of my order and the date of that notice, I "might" be among the 5. If not, then the next scheduled shipment wasn't until early July.

I'm not very patient, so if I don't get in the May shipment, may decide to cancel.

I got the same song and dance! They said there is a shipment due May 7th (2 days later than the concert I'm at!) with a second shipment July 14th.

I ordered mine the day after you did, so I'm hoping I'm on that first shipping date. I'm not very patient either but I won't cancel, I really want this guitar!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Chuck, cross your fingers!

The Pgh show is May 12th, cutting it close. Love to be able to take mine down.

Actually, Joe, if you wanted to try it out in-concert, I'd be cool with it!

Can anybody enlighten me on this es 335?Is this guitar only available i us?or can i get a hold of it in europe to????

Cant find it anywhere here in Norway:(

You cant compare Jimmy Page with God. I mean he's cool and all, but he's no Jimmy Page!!

mrwarensemble wrote:

Can anybody enlighten me on this es 335?Is this guitar only available i us?or can i get a hold of it in europe to????

My understanding is this is a Guitar Center exclusive.   I think Guitar Center is US only?

mrwarensemble wrote:

I think you should ask from Thomann: http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_1961_jo … 35_vos.htm

102 (edited by BluesMan 2012-04-19 19:13:01)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Dudes? Well, right on Joe! cool

Hey Joe, do you realize that your count is now 840 posts, which is just 160 short of becoming a "BONAMETAL" on your own Forum? Slow down Buddy, you're going to catch me soon! wink

Looking forward to a little chat with You on May 3rd in Des Moines! smile

If I'm not mistaken, Ed Ehrhardt of the "Sena Ehrhardt Band" is playing one in my video here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wffHfLV7E

Then again, maybe not...

Roy

Joe is the Best!

BluesMan wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

Dudes? Well, right on Joe! cool

Hey Joe, do you realize that your count is now 840 posts, which is just 160 short of becoming a "BONAMETAL" on your own Forum? Slow down Buddy, you're going to catch me soon! wink

Looking forward to a little chat with You on May 3rd in Des Moines! smile

If I'm not mistaken, Ed Ehrhardt of the "Sena Ehrhardt Band" is playing one in my video here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wffHfLV7E

Then again, maybe not...

Roy

es 339

so ummmm... Joe has not played one?

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars:62 LP SG , 02 FB VII, JB FB I, 76 Electra Omega, 64 Firebird V, 73 LPC, 61 Custom Tele, 59 and 60 Melody Maker
Effects: Mythos Chupacabra, Strymon Deco/Flint

Am I seeing things Joe, Fender amps on your avatar photo for this forum?

Roy

Joe is the Best!

macg1 wrote:

so ummmm... Joe has not played one?

Well, if I understand correctly this new model is based on one of his, and I would imagine he might have gotten to play a prototype or two, but...he's been kinda busy lately...   wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

For those of us anxiously awaiting shipment and delivery of our guitars and to those that are looking for more information, here is a link to an advertisement in the UK.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/blog/gibson-jo … oming-soon

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Just played one at a local GC.

She was a gorgeous guitar and sounded wonderful.

However, too pricey for me, especially considering I already own a '96 and a '98 335.

That said. If I start saving my pennies now, perhaps by Christmas...

Gibson + Marshall = big_smile