Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

I just ordered mine today from GC. They seemed to think I'd receive by the 2nd week of June.

BTW, this means I am selling my JB Studio Les Paul, if anyone is interested.

56 (edited by kestrou 2012-04-07 00:07:51)

I've been trying to figure a way to get a JB ES-335 in hand by early May - but just not humanly possible...

But wifey said to go ahead and order it anyways (this will be her first guitar) - she'll just take a pickguard to be signed at the Indy M&G, and then we'll try and catch Joe for the siggy on the actual guitar at the Merrillvile show this November.

Also, according to my sources at GC and the Gibson Custom Shop - as of Monday this week, the order count spoken for was at 10 - with at least yours and mine added since then, there's going to be some snoozer-losers if they don't jump in soon!

kestrou

Oh yeah - keeping my BonaBurst and JB Studio LP, so we're building quite the JB guitar stable smile

I couldn't take it!  I ordered mine today! I've been up at Guitar Center in Greenwood, Indiana all morning long and I got it done!

I've had a 335 in Tobacco Burst on my wish list for some time time now, so when Gibson and Joe came out with this, I couldn't resist! Now comes the long wait!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Way to go Chuck!

See gang, hot cakes I'm telling you!!! smile

kestrou

50 or 300 units...they will sell out I'm sure

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:

I keep hearing 50, but that's irrelevant to me - it's just a great looking guitar and the price is right! smile

kestrou

TJNies wrote:

I just ordered mine today from GC. They seemed to think I'd receive by the 2nd week of June.

BTW, this means I am selling my JB Studio Les Paul, if anyone is interested.

Hey TJNies I'm interested on that one.
what serial number do you have on your JB Studio Les Paul, can you upload some images ? and also the price.

Thank you smile

I'm a tad concerned about the neck size, pretty fussy about them.

Joe wrote that it is larger than a slim taper, but GC describes it as 60's slim. Not sure what a burst brothers neck is - anyone?

I've tried and rejected the slim necks on LP's, and really like the neck on the JB Studio LP.

Mario, I posted price etc in the Marketplace section, although no pics yet.

63 (edited by Jimmy 2012-04-10 11:25:15)

I'm pretty sure the neck of the 335 is similar to that of the bonabursts, gold tops and studios because its a modification of Joe's original.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

"I had them make a bigger less slim tapered neck like a burst brothers Les Paul."  to me that means a 59' but I don't know.

kestrou wrote:
airportdon wrote:

I keep hearing 50, but that's irrelevant to me - it's just a great looking guitar and the price is right! smile

kestrou

Probably 50 now and 300 when they know how well it will sell. And then different versions and Epiphone models....you know the drill. Supply and demand.

You've got the right idea though.

this is real cool i hope this means he will be more bluesy! I Love his blues deluxe album and i always hoped that he would put a another one of those albums!

I don't remember seeing this elsewhere (except the youtube posting of Further on up the Road), but GC Episode 23, LENGTHY interview with Joe, is listed:

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/podcast/

I think this is the interview that we were looking for when the GC/ES-335 ad came out.  Mentions the forthcoming ES-335. In this interview he plays acoustic versions of "Ball Peen Hammer", "Further on Up the Road", and " Dust Bowl".  A preview of the Vienna show big_smile

Dust Bowl (looks to be recent)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQBhna6oHwk

Jim

Just checked GC's website to see if they had pics yet and it says that they're in stock and ready to ship.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Jimmy wrote:

Just checked GC's website to see if they had pics yet and it says that they're in stock and ready to ship.

Hope you're correct, but I called them yesterday to see if they could give me an estimated ship date, and they confirmed what the store originally said - mid-June.

70 (edited by airportdon 2012-04-13 07:20:59)

TJNies wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

Hope you're correct, but I called them yesterday to see if they could give me an estimated ship date, and they confirmed what the store originally said - mid-June.

Don't see anything there now.....I think it's now off G.Center & M.Freind's Site....it used to be with image coming soon...maybe they're sold out.

Ok I found it....if you type in es custom  bonamassa they still come up....that's weird...used to come up with just bonamassa in the search column.?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Last night the blank pictures said "New Arrivals"

OK, so I'm guessing he'll be playing this guitar in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's tribute to King.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool