Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

cindyron wrote:

yeah I know I have severe G.A.S. but they are all used in my recording studio.
Thanks Ron

When are we going to hear some samples of your studio work by the way? -S

cindyron wrote:

Thanks Ron

Oh I have no doubt everyone of them gets used....and I agree...lets hear some stuff!!!

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

helrazr84 wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Thanks Ron

When are we going to hear some samples of your studio work by the way? -S

soon I have been so busy in the studio. So much to get my hands around. I will post some stuff for feedback.
Thanks for asking
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

The big Easter Weekend catalog for Guitar Center came out on Friday, and had a big spread about the JB ES335 complete with interview.

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

41 (edited by cindyron 2012-04-01 20:57:42)

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

The big Easter Weekend catalog for Guitar Center came out on Friday, and had a big spread about the JB ES335 complete with interview.

yeah but the ES335 they show in the buyers guide is not the one Joe is referring too is it?

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

This is cool but I'd rather see a Gibson Bona-Byrd.

Found the GC page. Place your pre-orders here. big_smile

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Cust … e=4TEM8XOC

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Hey its due on my daughters birthday!  Maybe she would like one of those for age 3.

Jimmy wrote:

This is weird. There's now a page on GC's sister company, Musician's Friend, that also has no photos or specs yet, but...the price is significantly higher:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ … 5000001000

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

This is weird. There's now a page on GC's sister company, Musician's Friend, that also has no photos or specs yet, but...the price is significantly higher:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ … 5000001000

Good find - it's also a week later on delivery date at MF (vice GC).

I'm still jumping through hoops at GC corporate HQ to see when the very first of these will be in hand, because if wifey can have this in time for Joe's siggy in Indy then it's a "buy" and I can't pass up on opportunity like that! smile

kestrou

That is kinda odd. I'll bet the reason for the higher price is due to MF not charging tax. GC is the better price for NY.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

I've found the 2 websites don't always have the same prices on the same things. Usually I've found GC to be the higher of the 2, AND they charge sales tax!

49 (edited by airportdon 2012-04-05 11:29:23)

Jimmy wrote:

That is kinda odd. I'll bet the reason for the higher price is due to MF not charging tax. GC is the better price for NY.

Yep They're charging tax because they have actual stores.....
(Same company along with Music 123 & Woodwind & Brasswind as well)...Wonder how many they will make of these ones???

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

airportdon wrote:

Yes, GC has to charge sales tax if there is a GC store anywhere in the state to which the item is being shipped. So far as I know, if you're asking them to ship to a state that DOESN'T have a physical store in it, the only time you'll be charged sales tax is if your state's legislature has passed a law requiring it anyway...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

airportdon wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

(Same company along with Music 123 & Woodwind & Brasswind as well)...Wonder how many they will make of these ones???

Didn't Joe say earlier in this thread that only 50 will be made? I don't see GC only making 50. More like 500.

Spider wrote:

Didn't Joe say earlier in this thread that only 50 will be made? I don't see GC only making 50. More like 500.

Yeah, I saw that - but I don't buy guitars for investment or based on how limited the production number is - I buy'em if I like'em! smile

kestrou

It doesn't seem to be much different than a regular dot 335 with bound neck as far as features and layout. Regardless how many they make, hopefully it will be much more than a lousy 50 units, I'm glad they didn't inflate the price to a ridiculous height. Should be a cool guitar, I like that its a bit different than the normal cherry red ones you normally see people playing. I'm looking to buy a 335 of some sort in the near future wether it be this one should they stick around for a while, or go with a used one.

I always hated the fact that Clapton came out with a Cherry 335.  I know it was the one in the yardbirds, Cream and blind faith but the Tobbaco Burst he played in from the Cradle was and is still in his collection for a reason.  That to me was the Cream of Clapton and that 335 was played for more the 50% of that album along with his Fender twin.