Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

I checked the Gibson and Guitar Center website...nothing. I would love to learn more. I have a 2003 ES-335 and I love it. I was really surprised we didn't hear about it here first; had to hear about it from a Guitar Center mailer.

#275 JB LP

I had a block in lay 68' ES-335 refinished for $2000 bucks back in the day, sounded amazing but it was one of those years Gibson was playing with the nut width of the neck and I swear that the nut measured only an inch across the whole fret board!

helrazr84 wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

Seth, where did you see the retail price?

BTW, the interview link in the ad points to an "old" interview, doesn't talk about this new guitar.

Thanks

The guitar is shown on another page, don't have it in front of me at the moment, but the price is listed underneath. I checked Guitar Center "Platinum" online section, and it wasn't on there. Probably will be soon. I'm surprised its not too much more than a regular new 335 Dot, with bound neck. Been looking for a 335 for a while, but gonna stick with used hopefully under the 2K mark, but this is a really gorgeous guitar. -S

Thanks.  Weird, looks like my ad is missing page(s) as I only see the picture of Joe w/ the guitar.

Anyone got pics yet?

Can somebody please photo copy this ad and post the guitar already???  lol

I would if I had time, but it just looks like a 335 in the same color as the bonaburst for the most part. Dot inlay, gold tuners I think it has.

helrazr84 wrote:

I would if I had time, but it just looks like a 335 in the same color as the bonaburst for the most part. Dot inlay, gold tuners I think it has.

Sounds really cool! Definitely interested.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

helrazr84 wrote:

So, basically this (from Gibson's website)?  http://images.gibson.com/Files/6f09e682 … 514c93.jpg

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

27 (edited by helrazr84 2012-03-29 16:53:16)

Coach305 wrote:
helrazr84 wrote:

So, basically this (from Gibson's website)?  http://images.gibson.com/Files/6f09e682 … 514c93.jpg

Pretty close. The one pictured in mailer is much less yellow in the middle, and not as dark around the edges. More of a violin brown color around the body. Its better looking that the on in the link. The tuners in the guitar pictured are not grover kidney style, they're the regular plastic looking ones. I thought they looked more of a gold color, but maybe just aged a bit. More like this one.

http://www.vintageandrare.com/product/G … 1961-12970

Try this
https://picasaweb.google.com/1145804437 … 2474366178

Apparently my ad was incomplete, so I only have this  picture, i.e. the page w/ the guitar and price is not there.

Jim

Picture of Joe's

https://picasaweb.google.com/1145804437 … 5183445826

Yeah this is pretty cool...  Guitar Center to along with this years King of Blues competition commissioned with my blessing 50 copies of my 61 ES-335.   The original is still at Gibson and the prototype is ready.  I had them make a bigger less slim tapered neck like a burst brothers Les Paul.   Im stoked to see them when I get home from the UK late next week.  Really stoked to be re-united with my 61 as well. 
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Yeah this is pretty cool...  Guitar Center to along with this years King of Blues competition commissioned with my blessing 50 copies of my 61 ES-335.   The original is still at Gibson and the prototype is ready.  I had them make a bigger less slim tapered neck like a burst brothers Les Paul.   Im stoked to see them when I get home from the UK late next week.  Really stoked to be re-united with my 61 as well. 
Joe B

wow would love to get my hands on one of them

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Wow, I wonder how fast the 50 will go.

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Man I need a second job...

cindyron wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

LOL...Ron, oh I think you will get your hands on one...LOL....

Just messing with ya...Love your collection!!!

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

35 (edited by airportdon 2012-03-30 09:25:13)

AD3THREE wrote:

Man I need a second job...

Wow...only 50....I need a 3rd job L.O.L !!!

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

LesPaul4 wrote:
cindyron wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe B

LOL...Ron, oh I think you will get your hands on one...LOL....

Just messing with ya...Love your collection!!!

yeah I know I have severe G.A.S. but they are all used in my recording studio.
Thanks Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others