Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

tristan wrote:

hey guys !

I'm a gibson artist but I had to BUY that one and I am SO happy with it...here's a videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XScut0XMk0U

Great playing and thanks for posting, I agree, made for the blues.. cool

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

thanks. I know joe'music  from the early days with bloodline, he was really into fender at the time...he never sounded as good since he switched to gibson...

tristan wrote:

thanks. I know joe'music  from the early days with bloodline, he was really into fender at the time...he never sounded as good since he switched to gibson...

I personally prefer his modern day Gibson sound... He has developed his own sound... His strat sound was great, but was generic... Now he has his own thing going on!

Welcome to the forum!!

All the best from Aus,

- Stefan

A few are available from Sweetwater, in case anyone's interested.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ES335JoeB/

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

Don't understand the term Strat = generic... I'd say it's more the other way round.. All the top players are playing LP's & PRS's with humbuckers, Single coil players are more of a rarity.

tristan wrote:

hey guys !

I'm a gibson artist but I had to BUY that one and I am SO happy with it...here's a videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XScut0XMk0U

Awesome playing
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

I think Joe and his playing are as good as they ever have been and could stand toe to toe with anybody...  His strat sounds did sound a bit like SRV which i think that what was meant by generic, but I will also say I am more a fan of Joe's Telecaster playing rather then his Les Paul sound.  But any way you wanna slice it I prefer Joe be happy with his tone before I'm happy with his tone.  If he's not happy then he might not be as inspired.

I really like Joe's LP tone, but when I saw him with his '53 Tele at the Pittsburgh show I was blown away.

Now, I love and play Tele's so maybe I'm biased!

If I'm forced to pick one guitar (and I have a JB ES335 I adore), the Tele is IT.

I liked it better when he played Strats, Teles, and LPs all in the same concert. Variety is the spice of life...

Love his LP tone: his strat tone; his tele tone; his flying v tone; his 335 tone; his darklord tone; his anything in his hands tone.

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

Denbon18 wrote:

Love his LP tone: his strat tone; his tele tone; his flying v tone; his 335 tone; his darklord tone; his anything in his hands tone.

I agree Denbon, but especially the theremin!

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

210 (edited by Jimmy 2012-09-11 17:32:42)

NeoMagic wrote:

Don't understand the term Strat = generic... I'd say it's more the other way round.. All the top players are playing LP's & PRS's with humbuckers, Single coil players are more of a rarity.

I gotta agree. I don't think it's generic either.