Re: Bonamassa Signature ES-335

Well, I'm dying to know if TJ got his guitar signed by Joe or not!

TJ, can't wait to hear!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Wait no longer!

Yes, #035 signed by Joe behind the headstock!

I waited until after the concert. Joe came out and there was a group of people, probably 35 or so waiting. I didn't want to push in, so I just let those getting photos and programs signed go first. I was amazed that a few people just saw my case and asked if it was one of the JB 335s. Short time later I had the guitar of of case, and someone else says "hey isn't that one one the new 335's?". Joe is close enough to hear, and says "Dude, I don't even have one of those!" and immediately works his way over to see it. He asked about it, what serial # etc. Said he signed #037 earlier (Jack, yours I guess?), and prceeds to talk about these guitars.

It was so great, the man is so accessible and cordial. Certainly not star-struck with himself, which is refreshing.

I have to comment that the Pgh show was part of a PBS fundraiser, and the meet-n-greet tickets were part of the package. I noticed there were many seats - first few rows - that evidently had no-shows. How rude! Real fans, musicians that would appreciate the chance to have those seats missed out. I wish I'd checked about the meet-n-greet, maybe I might have gotten in after all.

JClark, did you get in?

TJNies wrote:

Wait no longer!

I waited until after the concert. Joe came out and there was a group of people, probably 35 or so waiting. I didn't want to push in, so I just let those getting photos and programs signed go first. I was amazed that a few people just saw my case and asked if it was one of the JB 335s. Short time later I had the guitar of of case, and someone else says "hey isn't that one one the new 335's?". Joe is close enough to hear, and says "Dude, I don't even have one of those!" and immediately works his way over to see it. He asked about it, what serial # etc. Said he signed #037 earlier (Jack, yours I guess?), and prceeds to talk about these guitars.

It was so great, the man is so accessible and cordial. Certainly not star-struck with himself, which is refreshing.

I have to comment that the Pgh show was part of a PBS fundraiser, and the meet-n-greet tickets were part of the package. I noticed there were many seats - first few rows - that evidently had no-shows. How rude! Real fans, musicians that would appreciate the chance to have those seats missed out. I wish I'd checked about the meet-n-greet, maybe I might have gotten in after all.

JClark, did you get in?

Awesome report! I've met Joe a couple of times and agree that he is a very Humble and personable guy!(Cordial pretty much sums it up!) I'm real glad you got your guitar signed. He signed mine behind the headstock as well. That's a good place because I plan on playing this a lot. After he played mine, he gave me a couple of his personal Jazz III picks. I've never played them before and I'm really liking the size and feel of those picks.

I hope JC got his signed as well! If Joe said he signed #037, then that was definitely JC!

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Es-335, Gibson JBLP Studio Gold Top, Epiphone JBLP Gold Top, Gibson Les Paul "Standard" Gold Top, 2 Gibson ES 339's,Carvin (Self Built), Gibson SG Standard, Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Ibanez (Something or other), Yamaha Acoustic.

Joe is indeed a good dude. I'm very, very happy to see some of his new fans find that fact out for themselves. I'm sick and tired of the bashing the man gets on other forums. I've even been tagged as a "fanboy" for my appreciation of Joe and the band. So be it. But I bet they'd never say it to my face if they met me. big_smile

TJNies wrote:

Wait no longer!

JClark, did you get in?

That's awesome!  At the end of the show, Joe was totally spent!!  He put everything into that show, probably the best I've seen.   So glad he was still able to come out after the show and sign the guitar.

Yes, I did get in (someone was really looking out for me and made it happen!  I can't thank them enough).  I think there were 62 people or so at the m&g, so it was quite crowded, it would have been very tough to get in especially w/ people getting bumped.  I waited until 2nd to last (there was a group with a new Bona banner being passed around, they wanted to get a picture with Joe).  Waiting to the end allowed me to spend more time (felt like 10 min. or so) talking to Joe about the guitar.  He played a few licks on it. (I swear it plays better now smile )  We talked about the sawdust in the case tongue  #037 is mine, he signed it and had him write "37" on it.  A great time indeed!

Ok, Saturday night a crime was committed.  I was third row left center, and as you said, empty seats!!!!  To the right of us there must have been 6 empty seats, 2nd and 1st row had multiple empty seats as well.  Un-friggin-believable!!

Anyway, glad my daughter got to me him and he was able to check out my guitar.  And just a fantastic show to end the day!  That band is getting tighter and tighter every show.  Gotta wait til November to see them again!

Jim

Chuck wrote:
TJNies wrote:

Wait no longer!

JClark, did you get in?

Awesome report! I've met Joe a couple of times and agree that he is a very Humble and personable guy!(Cordial pretty much sums it up!) I'm real glad you got your guitar signed. He signed mine behind the headstock as well. That's a good place because I plan on playing this a lot. After he played mine, he gave me a couple of his personal Jazz III picks. I've never played them before and I'm really liking the size and feel of those picks.

I hope JC got his signed as well! If Joe said he signed #037, then that was definitely JC!

Yep, Chuck, he did big_smile  I offered to let him play it that night, he said thanks, but I have the real '61 with me.  So I was stoked to see him bring it out to play!

Spider wrote:

Joe is indeed a good dude. I'm very, very happy to see some of his new fans find that fact out for themselves. I'm sick and tired of the bashing the man gets on other forums. I've even been tagged as a "fanboy" for my appreciation of Joe and the band. So be it. But I bet they'd never say it to my face if they met me. big_smile

Joe is definitely the best!  I ran into some of the bashing on I think one of the marshall forums, idiots didn't have a clue what they were talking about.  I can tell you the blood pressure rose, but then I was like "trolls", and found better things to do w/ my time. 

And you know, I got your back when the fool does say something to your face smile

Jim

I'll gladly be labeled a "fanboy" Come on it Joe Bonamassa!  I'm so grateful for the face that I got into listening to Joe right when "Had to cry today" came out.  I was hooked by the second song.  I feel like over the years as Joe has matured into the musician he is today, I have matured with Joe Bonamassa as the sound track to my 20's!  I'll never forget where I was when I heard the live recording of "If Heartackes Were Nickels" nothing like the blues to bring you out of a breakup.  I am a fanboy, and even if people say that to be mean the good thing is they have no idea what they are missing out on or they would be labeled "Fanboy" too!

AD3THREE wrote:

I'll gladly be labeled a "fanboy" Come on it Joe Bonamassa!  I'm so grateful for the face that I got into listening to Joe right when "Had to cry today" came out.  I was hooked by the second song.  I feel like over the years as Joe has matured into the musician he is today, I have matured with Joe Bonamassa as the sound track to my 20's!  I'll never forget where I was when I heard the live recording of "If Heartackes Were Nickels" nothing like the blues to bring you out of a breakup.  I am a fanboy, and even if people say that to be mean the good thing is they have no idea what they are missing out on or they would be labeled "Fanboy" too!

It's funny how people act when there isn't any chance of confrontation. When there is something they don't like or understand they start with the bashing and name calling. I have also seen the forums where this happens and it angers me to no end. Even if they don't care for the music style, they can't deny his ability, but they do! I try to tune it out, but it's hard to do sometimes!

They wouldn't do it to our face.

Chuck Fleming
Bloomington, Indiana

I'm happy with fanboy too (at 57 it becomes a privelige). They only do it to get a reaction. Filter them out and you find far more fans than you at first realise. Don't attach importance to them it only goes to their heads and encourages them more.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

What's with the siggy behind the headstock?  Wear'em up loud and proud boys - right in front!

Here's (wifey's 335) and my Bonaburst Flametop - both with Joe's handiwork right below the tailpiece, where it doesn't get rubbed and should be there for MANY years to come:

http://kestrou.com/images/jobosigs1.jpg

Close up of the 335: http://kestrou.com/images/jobosigs2.jpg

And of the Bonaburst: http://kestrou.com/images/jobosigs3.jpg

kestrou

kestrou wrote:

What's with the siggy behind the headstock?  Wear'em up loud and proud boys - right in front!

Here's (wifey's 335) and my Bonaburst Flametop - both with Joe's handiwork right below the tailpiece, where it doesn't get rubbed and should be there for MANY years to come:

kestrou

very nice congrats to all of you on your new guitar's. Wear them well and play them daily and don't let them get lonely. Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
kestrou wrote:

kestrou

very nice congrats to all of you on your new guitar's. Wear them well and play them daily and don't let them get lonely. Cheers Ron

I am now well and truly envious. Enjoy both, although I must admit behind the headstock is where I would go, mine is on the pickguard. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

I'm after the "subtle" look !:)

Actually I was afraid it would rub off.

And now can't play it - sliced the fleshy part of my left ring finger rather badly yesterday. Frustrated!!

AD3THREE wrote:

I'll gladly be labeled a "fanboy"

I will take any name with the word "boy" in at my stage in life and I am sure there are a few of us on here who think the same way!

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Ian916 wrote:
AD3THREE wrote:

I'll gladly be labeled a "fanboy"

I will take any name with the word "boy" in at my stage in life and I am sure there are a few of us on here who think the same way!

Ian916 - I grew up in The South, where "boy" was a common moniker applied to pretty much any male.  That didn't over quite so well once I moved up to Yankee Land though! smile

TJNies - sorry to hear that - apply anti-bacterial liberally so it doesn't get infected!!!

kestrou

TJNies wrote:

I'm after the "subtle" look !:)

Actually I was afraid it would rub off.

And now can't play it - sliced the fleshy part of my left ring finger rather badly yesterday. Frustrated!!

Ouch!  Sorry to hear that...but maybe now would be a time to work on your slide-playing?  wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

180 (edited by TJNies 2012-05-14 13:33:12)

Talk about insult to injury. My wife bought a mango-cutter (similar to one of those apple cutter/corer things). I don't need one, pretty handy with knives.

Wife tried to use it, wouldn't cut through the mango, so she put it in the dishwasher. I reach in to rearrange something, and ZING! Blood everywhere. Wouldn't stop all rest of the day, but too stubborn to walk down 2 blocks to the hospital for stitches.

Coach, love the idea! Always wanted to learn slide!

Sort of like the old joke: "Doc will I be able to play the piano after surgery"? Doc says "Sure"! "That's great, because I couldn't  play before!"