Topic: Who has albums released in 1967

I have Doors first one.
Cream Disreali Gears.
I think that is it.

Re: Who has albums released in 1967

Pipers at the Gates of Dawn (Pink Floyd) - but admittedly didn't buy it until much later as my pocket money wouldn't have stretched that far in '67 (I was only 9).   

I used to enjoy watching the Monkees on TV (oh come on, I was only 9) but a top 40 1967 album?

well...you should have

Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced ?

MAYBE HENDRIX
BUT NOT STONES SATANIC MAJESTIES

I've got all the MC5, Stooges, Jefferson Airplane, Yardbirds, Amboy Dukes, Blue Cheer & Bob Seger System albums in my basement, I'm not sure of the release dates.

"growing older but staying immature"

http://www.myspace.com/rkomgt

what is the band Blue Cheer like?

I have to get back to work right now, my list is extensive and will take time later to list it.

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

What about original Fleetwood Mac,John Mayall,Paul Butterfield,Mike Bloomfield,Buddy Guy. Albert King,BB King,Freddy King,Yardbirds,Canned Heat Jimi Hendrix,Who,Ten Years After,Muddy Waters,James Cotton,Albert Collins,Roy Buchanan,Danny Gatton

9 (edited by cathysiler 2007-04-16 17:41:34)

I printed the article from GP because I found the list and info amazing.I was 18 in 1967 but I didn't buy alot of records. This was about the  time when 8-track tapes were new and you could play them in your car. Also music was still about the single and I didn't mind hearing the same song over and over (like Joe's!). When cassettes came out and you could record your own, I went heavy into vinyl. They're all packed away and this gets me itching to pull them out!!! Just what I need, more mess!!!!!! And, to all that wish they were older, no you don't. It's not pretty!! We are all blessed by technology today that will hopefully keep music from being lost!! At least you "youngin's" have years to listen to it all!!!!!!                           I forgot to mention Motown! The article was about guitar albums, but since we're talking in general, I was still very much into Motown in 1967.

I was just going through some boxes in the basement the other day. I've been selling CD's etc, on ebay (part of the inventory I bought a while back from a small record store that was going out of business). But anyway I found one box with 41 Elvis Presley LP's in it. Some are original copies from the late 50's...one's even on clear purple vinyl. Kinda cool. I'm sure there's one in there from '67! Elvis put out a ton of records....

blueser wrote:

what is the band Blue Cheer like?

A lot of people claim Blue Cheer were the first heavy metal band,listen to their signature song Summertime Blues to get an idea of what they sounded like!!

I flipped through my stacks a little while ago and found that record labels didn't bother dating all their releases. What I found from '67 are: Strange Days/The Doors, others close to '67 Jefferson Airplane/Surrealistic Pillow, Sgt. Peppers, Disreali Gears/Cream (Tom Dowd/Eng.), Between The Buttons/Stones, CCR/first w/Suzy Q, The Monkees (Hendrix opened for them in '66 @ The Cow Palace/SF), Rubber Soul/Beatles, Electric Ladyland/Jimi '68, my very first LP The Dave Clark 5/Glad All Over(Meet The Beatles was sold out for Xmas), Zephyr '69 (with a very young Tommy Bolin on guitar), Keef Hartley Band (pretty good English bluesrock, heard them one time @ the Fillmore West and never heard of them again), Are You Experienced/ Jimi, and for all you old hippies out there The Best of the Youngbloods. Oh yeah one more of my old favorites Ten Years After/Watt.

A Blast From The Past,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

I flipped through my stacks a little while ago and found that record labels didn't bother dating all their releases. What I found from '67 are: Strange Days/The Doors, others close to '67 Jefferson Airplane/Surrealistic Pillow, Sgt. Peppers, Disreali Gears/Cream (Tom Dowd/Eng.), Between The Buttons/Stones, CCR/first w/Suzy Q, The Monkees (Hendrix opened for them in '66 @ The Cow Palace/SF), Rubber Soul/Beatles, Electric Ladyland/Jimi '68, my very first LP The Dave Clark 5/Glad All Over(Meet The Beatles was sold out for Xmas), Zephyr '69 (with a very young Tommy Bolin on guitar), Keef Hartley Band (pretty good English bluesrock, heard them one time @ the Fillmore West and never heard of them again), Are You Experienced/ Jimi, and for all you old hippies out there The Best of the Youngbloods. Oh yeah one more of my old favorites Ten Years After/Watt.

A Blast From The Past,

J Dawg

Watt was later,1970....The live cut that ended the LP was Sweet Little Sixteen from the Isle of Wight Festival
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

14 (edited by ohiodawg13 2007-04-17 13:50:15)

I noticed that the live track was dated, but not the studio portion so i was assuming it might have been cut in '69 possibly. A friend of mine loaned me the video of that Isle of Wight festival. Lots of footage of vintage acts like TYA and Rory playin' with Taste. Too bad the festival had such a dark vibe to it though with all the pissing and moaning about the cost of admission which was what most of the footage pertained to outside of the music. I think even some of the artists got testy with the crowd in the video also. I wonder what those people think of ticket prices today? Joe is still the best bang for your buck anywhere, anytime, anyplace!!!

Think Green,

J Dawg

PS Rocket, if you dig TYA I just listened to a great show they did @ Winterland 1970 in SF on Vault Radio @ wolfgangsvault.com if you haven't checked out this sight do it and get on the e-mail list for vintage live shows they showcase every week.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

A Blast From The Past,

J Dawg

Lets make a road trip to the Haight!  DAWG, I got the first round in Reno.

Dave

cathysiler wrote:

I printed the article from GP because I found the list and info amazing.I was 18 in 1967 but I didn't buy alot of records. This was about the  time when 8-track tapes were new and you could play them in your car. Also music was still about the single and I didn't mind hearing the same song over and over (like Joe's!). When cassettes came out and you could record your own, I went heavy into vinyl. They're all packed away and this gets me itching to pull them out!!! Just what I need, more mess!!!!!! And, to all that wish they were older, no you don't. It's not pretty!! We are all blessed by technology today that will hopefully keep music from being lost!! At least you "youngin's" have years to listen to it all!!!!!!                           I forgot to mention Motown! The article was about guitar albums, but since we're talking in general, I was still very much into Motown in 1967.

I love Motown. Being raised by my latin mother, it was a tradition in our family. All the family parties consisted of tons of Motown ( give me Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell anytime ). Mix in some traditonal Hawaian food, alcohol and music, and you got a receipe for fun!

Take Care........Dave

P.S. if you want to hear some old school Al Green, e-mail me. I bought a recent disk he put out, its really good

I got my first transistor radio when I was 7 yrs. old and living in Cleveland. At night I'd put it on my window sill and I could pick up a station from Detroit that played nothing but Motown. Until the Beatles hit in '63 I thought Motown was all there was to the music scene at the time. I have numerous CD's of Motown tunes in my collection today that take me back to a whole different place in time. My Motown roots gave me an appreciation for Funk music too.

Git Da Funk Out Maface,

J Dawg

"War is not the answer".................Marvin Gaye

This entry isn't on vinyl in fact I just got it from BMG last week, same era though, Super Session. It's remastered with 4 bonus tracks. I had some free picks to use up and ran across this classic. For those not familiar it's a studio session from '68 with Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper, & Stephen Stills. Some good blues tracks and the classic Season of the Witch.

Think Green,

J Dawg