Topic: Cleveland Guitarists

Here's a couple of vids of some Cleveland based guitarists.

Armstrong Bearcat Jam with Butch Arstrong + Alan Greene on guitar performing Redhouse   www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGDqpTY-6U

Frankie Starr Band performing  The Thrill Is Gone 
                 www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wMLPH4B7og

ARM'D  performing  The Thrill Is Gone
                  www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafdDJ7RCdk

Re: Cleveland Guitarists

Hey Bob,
   I love that 20 minute red house jam.  Upload the Guitarman video. BUTCH IS THE MAN. Now if he would ever come to Pittsburgh.

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Bob thanks. Niiiiiiiiice, very tasty. Cracked open my first heineken off the day!
By the way, were are you from?

Hey Bob,

Thanks for that clip. I noticed right off the bat their playin' at the EUC. Anybody remember a fairly lame movie called The Night Of Day with Michael J. Fox and Joan Jett as sibling musicians that was filmed at the same bar in that video? I've never been there, but my cousins that are still scattered around the Cleveland area have told me it's legendary. Bob, I assume you're from the area? I grew up on the west side Lakewood/Fairview Park..... a long time ago.

Go Tribe,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Hey Bob,

Thanks for that clip. I noticed right off the bat their playin' at the EUC. Anybody remember a fairly lame movie called The Night Of Day with Michael J. Fox and Joan Jett as sibling musicians that was filmed at the same bar in that video? I've never been there, but my cousins that are still scattered around the Cleveland area have told me it's legendary. Bob, I assume you're from the area? I grew up on the west side Lakewood/Fairview Park..... a long time ago.

Go Tribe,

J Dawg

Dude, I'm definetly hitting Cleveland soon. May the H.O.B. in Nov. Joe's in town I think. Hey maybe the Indians make the World Series. The trip would be: Rock-n Roll Hall of Fame, World Series at the Jake, Joe show at H.O.B. and throw in some night life. Wada you think?

Pittsburgh Jeff wrote:

Hey Bob,
   I love that 20 minute red house jam.  Upload the Guitarman video. BUTCH IS THE MAN. Now if he would ever come to Pittsburgh.

Hi Jeff
I'll get the Guitarman video on in the next couple days. You gotta come up with Dave this summer for the Rockin on The River in Cuyahoga Falls, always a killer show.

Bob

Shredit wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Hey Bob,

Go Tribe,

J Dawg

Dude, I'm definetly hitting Cleveland soon. May the H.O.B. in Nov. Joe's in town I think. Hey maybe the Indians make the World Series. The trip would be: Rock-n Roll Hall of Fame, World Series at the Jake, Joe show at H.O.B. and throw in some night life. Wada
you think?

Joe's Nov. show is way too far off yet, lotsa great festivals and outdoor concerts in our area during the summer. Hope he does Mohican again this year.

Bob

Pittsburgh Jeff wrote:

Hey Bob,

Hi Jeff
In case you'd be interested, both TBS and Alan Greene Band are playing the Louie Run in Painsville on May 6. Great event, I think about 7,000 + attended last year.

Bob

Hey Bob,
  TBS remains one of my favs that you turned me on to. Not familar with Alan Greene Band.
Painsville? Never heard of it, but with the way my back feels I'd fit right in.
  Don't know what's up with Dave, sent him numerous e mails and never heard back from him. Starting to worry....

10 (edited by David 2007-04-18 20:25:33)

Bob wrote:

Armstrong Bearcat Jam with Butch Arstrong + Alan Greene on guitar performing Redhouse   www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGDqpTY-6U

Wow, I like that Redhouse one better than Jimi's! That guy can play (1st solo).

David wrote:
Bob wrote:

Yeah wow, that guy is intensely good.

12 (edited by Bob 2007-04-19 17:06:18)

Kyle wrote:
David wrote:
Bob wrote:

Yeah wow, that guy is intensely good.

Here's a vid of Armstrong Bearcat Band performing  'All Along The Watchtower' ,
Butch Armstrong on lead guitar.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRUgoGTV_fE

Bob

That guy rocks!

Pittsburgh Jeff wrote:

Hey Bob,
  TBS remains one of my favs that you turned me on to. Not familar with Alan Greene Band.
Painsville? Never heard of it, but with the way my back feels I'd fit right in.
  Don't know what's up with Dave, sent him numerous e mails and never heard back from him. Starting to worry....

Hi Jeff
Saw your post about Europa, here's a nice version by Cleveland's, Blue Taxi, with Bill Capuano on guitar. The guitarist wandered off the stage into a part of the audience that was too dark for me to film and couldnt follow him through the mid part of the video, Really would have liked to have the camera on his fret board at the 4:30+ point.

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Blue+Taxi++Europa
or
www.youtube.com/watch"v=kyR5xgT2haY

Bob

Looks like he didn't like being filmed.

Blues ain't nothin' but a good woman gone bad.

Good stuff Bob. Seems like theres a lot of good players in the Cleveland area. What ever happened to Cleveland Fats? Any idea?  You seem to get alot of good shows as well. Unlike Pittsburgh.

Two words...Joe Walsh...

The Other Joe B.