1 (edited by Michael 2007-04-13 17:59:27)

Topic: New Set List

This recently popped into my head ? After the show in Brussels Annelies , Marianne & Myself were having a brief chat with Joe outside and someone asked joe why he hadn't played "Blues Deluxe" at the time , joe said that they were probably gonna take a New Show on the Road in the Autumn/Fall and there was a chance of a new setlist?

With that thought in mind , I gets to thinking that what better place to find out what Joe's most Ardent fans would recommend and like to see come into a new possible show  since they know every song and feeling of each one ...... Guessing that the boys turn out 12/13 songs a night and we'll put aside 2/3 for NEW songs off the new album , leaving 10 songs to choose for a possible new set ....... That works out 2 songs per studio album , 
So what GEMS folks would you like to see in a live show by the band..... old classics , more blues , acoustic , joe's harder rock edge ........ come on forum i'm sure you can pick some ideas for joe to maybe tinker/ponder on ,  ............ here's my choices that i'd love to see ..... remember 2 off each cd ,  just have fun

HIGH WATER EVERYWHERE.............. YOU & ME                          don't you just wanna hear this live
YOUR FUNERAL AND MY TRIAL ......... YOU & ME                          maybe mark solo instead of harp
NO SLACK                              ......... SO IT'S LIKE THAT             love this song       
WAITING FOR ME                    ......... SO ITS LIKE THAT              my personal fave song of all time
CURRENT SITUATION              ......... A NEW DAY YESTERDAY      this funky tune it'd get em dancin
IF HEARTACHES WERE NICKELS ....... A NEW DAY YESTERDAY      wow
LEFT OVERS                           .......... BLUES DELUXE                  shuffle time & move them feet
MAN OF MANY WORDS            .......... BLUES DELUXE                   love joe's singing on this song
TRAVELLIN' SOUTH                 .......... HAD TO CRY TODAY           joe gettin texas dirty
JUCTION 61 /                         
RECONSIDER BABY                .......... HAD TO CRY TODAY         

just imagine these 2 as the encore ' joe playing
  extended j 61 into blistering reconsider
  that would stay in the memory for some time ,
& crowd would applaud yep

I'd pay to see that ................ michael   cool

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: New Set List

Ok Michael. 
Two from each cd. That's hard.  There are so many. 
Let's see...  I would love to hear these songs.

You and Me..........................Bridge to Better Days      I really like this song
You and Me........................You're Funeral and My Trial   and this one too......
So It's Like That..................So, It's Like That            I've never heard this live.
So It's Like That..................Takin the Hit                  This is such a great song.
A New Day Yesterday..........I Know Where I Belong   Would love to hear this live.
A New Day Yesterday..........Colour & Shape              I love this song.
Blue's Deluxe.....................You Upset Me Baby         I love the way Joe sings this
Blue's Deluxe.....................Burning Hell                 This song is great with crowd parcipation
Had to Cry Today...............The River    This song gave me chills the first time I heard it live
Had to Cry Today...............Reconsider Baby            Great encore song

Thst's it.   But the truth is, it doesn't really matter that much.  I haven't been disappointed yet.  smile

Susan

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

I wanna hear all the heavy stuff: Pain and Sorrow, Takin the Hit, Lie #1, Sick in Love, Had to Cry Today, Bridge to Better Days, etc.

Alright Michael, now you have done it. Told the wife I'd only be a few minutes on the forum. But no, you had to wake me up! Just joking. Here's my 2 cents:

Blues Deluxe................Woke Up Dreaming
Blues Deluxe................Mumbling Word
You & Me.....................Bridge To Better Days
You & ME.....................Your Funeral My Trial
ANDY..........................If Heart Aches Were Nickels
ANDY..........................I Know Were I Belong
So It's Like That...........Takin' The Hit
So It's Like That...........Lie # 1
Had To Cry Today.........Faux Mantini
Had To Cry Today.........The River (our all time favorite)

All I had to do was leave off about 9 others! Oh no that wasn't easy (LOL) . As for encore songs, the nine I left off will do fine. Gotta run the boss is calling.

Shredit

OK Michael. Your topic, your rules.

ANDY....................I Know Where I Belong
ANDY....................Current Situation
SILT.....................Mountain Time - Hard to imagine a show without it
SILT.....................Pain And Sorrow - Love to hear it again
Blues Deluxe.........Long Distance Blues 
Blues Deluxe.........Mumbling Word
HTCT....................Travellin' South - One of my all-time favorites
HTCT....................Never Make Your Move Too Soon
You And Me...........Palm Trees - w/ extended acoustic jam
You And Me...........Torn Down

David I go with Joe.

Everything Joe does is excellent but live I like the heavier stuff more.

Pain and Sorrow is the song for me live, saw him do that the first time i saw him and still think of it everytime I play Joe.
One of the best ever songs  I heard live, maybe even the best and I heard many artists the last 40 years I visit concerts!!!

Andre Wittebroek.

hi all
i think that  joe`s songs all are live good to hear and evrytime little bit change how to play .
but most of all i like a good mix of feelings in the koncert so it must have ups and downs like a song

havy ,fast ,slow,.........like a wave so at the end of the show.......you can good remember the show
greetings by Geko

I would hope that by the fall Joe would be featuring a lot of the songs off the new CD. 

If he's not going to come out with a new songlist until the fall, I'd like to see him starting mixing it up a little when he starts back touring the US in May. Add a couple he hasn't done in a while like Blues Deluxe and You Upset Me Baby. Change the song order in the standard set list. Just something to freshen things up a bit for those of us who've seen the show multiple times.

And please don't skewer me. I'm just saying.

I'm just saying.

Michael, I have struggled with this since you posted it!! Can't pick 2/ CD! Think I'll go along with how the songs flow and the ride it takes me on!! Next tour would be a great time for that documentary!!!!!!!!

straight off the top of my head with no forethought:

I know where I belong
Colour & Shape
Cradle Rock
Reconsider Baby*
Asking Around for You*
Tea for One
I Don't Live Anywhere*
Blues Deluxe*
Walk in My Shadow*
Lie #1

* I've heard these songs live before and would be tempted to substitute songs I haven't heard before.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

11 (edited by Kat&Jim 2007-04-15 10:43:46)

Colour & Shape
Mumbling Word
Reconsider Baby
Heartaches
Your Funeral My Trial

************Mountain Time, the way it's played on Rockpalast- Forever!!!!!!*************=Goosebumps

Cradle Rock- ANDY Live set

Without thinking or looking at the cd's and by Michael's rules:

If Heartaches Were Nickels
Cradle rock

Reconsider Baby
The River

No Slack
Waiting For Me

I Don't Live Anywhere
Blues Deluxe

Torn Down
Tea For One

Don't get me wrong but i feel that Joe should listen to his own feeling/ mood more and make his setlist more versatile depending on his well beiing that day. I think he can even put more emotion in his songs if played in connection with his daily live.Just a suggestion.I enjoy every show a lott but he can do more with his talent.

Annelies

Annelies wrote:

Without thinking or looking at the cd's and by Michael's rules:

If Heartaches Were Nickels
Cradle rock

Reconsider Baby
The River

No Slack
Waiting For Me

I Don't Live Anywhere
Blues Deluxe

Torn Down
Tea For One

Don't get me wrong but i feel that Joe should listen to his own feeling/ mood more and make his setlist more versatile depending on his well beiing that day. I think he can even put more emotion in his songs if played in connection with his daily live.Just a suggestion.I enjoy every show a lott but he can do more with his talent.

Annelies

you are right annelies ....

I hope he doesn't bring his bad days to the office when he comes to my town. I want to see the proffesional that gives you a show no mater how his day went.

Hmmm ....bad days? I've seen Joe and the boys 4 times in the last 8 months , I couldn't tell ya how thier days were going ?, just know they made mine smile

Hey Look there seems to be a pattern occurring there with members wishes

I Definitely agree with Lee , that it's hard to imagine no "mountain time"  but with joe's guitar/singing talent he could transform another studio track like mountain time into a Setlist classic , just a thought ! ......

Also a few songs were repeat requested by the Bonamasses namely  : I know where i belong , Your funeral my Trial , Reconsider Baby and Nickels , thats good to see.
Patty you're right "Around The Bend" has the Greatest Lyrics ( could be the new 'miss you hate you') love that song
Just fun to see forums wants and wishes , But hey as long the boys roll by your way once / twice a year ......
They'll  tear one out for you anyways that you can be sure of.    smile

...................... michael

PS.... Shred  that was one Bluesy set Requested     wink

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

michael*lynch wrote:

with joe's guitar/singing talent he could transform another studio track like mountain time into a Setlist classic , just a thought ! ......
Patty you're right "Around The Bend" has the Greatest Lyrics ( could be the new 'miss you hate you') love that song

Great thought Michael about transforming another song. Joe has a real knack for doing just that. His covers are a testament to that as well.
"Around The Bend" is such a great song. It really is a favorite of mine. I thought about putting that on my setlist wish list, but because of all the layers of sound with the keyboard, acoustic guitar and ultimately electric guitar added in I really couldn't see how a three piece band could pull it off. But if anyone could do it, Joe could.

id like to see a setlist with a few staples other than that change it up, i know it isnt happening though, though a few bands do actually do it.  id think it would be more fun for the musicians and the fans myself, and i do think it would be doable (albeit more work) as some bands do it.  but most dont, so im not complaining at all it is still a priceless show he puts on, just dreaming

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCdNsm7gvu8

If wine and pills were hundred dollar bills
I might keep you satisfied