Re: Introductions

Nancy in Chicago wrote:

Hello to all my fellow Bona-maniacs! My name is Nancy (duh) and I'm not from Chicago per se. I live in Wheeling which is a suburb northwest of Chicago. I've worked in healthcare all my life and am currently an IT project manager for a major healthcare corporation on the north shore. I'm a very young 52 years old.

I fell in love with Joe and his music back in 2001 when my husband and I were waiting to see Los Lobos and happened to catch the opening act. Which was a power trio featuring this guitarist that after one song left us standing there with our mouths hanging open saying "who is this guy?" We've been devoted fans ever since.

What keeps me devoted (besides the incredible music that never gets old no matter how many times I hear it) is that Joe is so open to his fans and so passionate about his music and how it's presented.

Keep rocking, Joe, and I'll keep rocking right along with you! big_smile

Nancy.
What a beautiful name.

I went to school with a beautiful Nancy.
Her birthday is 29th February.

I guess she's about 12 or so now wink
Bummer. I'm 51 sad

hi everyone. I live in Algonquin IL which is in the northwest suburs near some of the others here. Just turned 48 and am in outside sales for a living,so I am in my car all day. Which allows me to listen to joe alot as well as many others.I first heard joe by picking up a copy of SILT in a local library. Was immediatly bonablown away.I started playing joes cds to anyone who would listen. Thought I was the only one stricken with the madness until I finally checked out the forum. Now I am happy to be with the rest of the zoo. Never thought I would be "into omething" like this but its all good. Its fun and its been great sharing ideas on other great artists too,always new stuff comming on board. I have been to a couple shows. since I have been on the board so much, now looking forward to meeting some fellow members in person.Perhaps at the upcomming Elgin show

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

I have been to a couple shows. since I have been on the board so much, now looking forward to meeting some fellow members in person.Perhaps at the upcomming Elgin show

Hey Gary,  Photogal & I will be at the Elgin show with my sister Bev and my friend Sarah.  We will all look forward to meeting you.  It's a month from today smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
                                                                                patty

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:
gary wrote:

I have been to a couple shows. since I have been on the board so much, now looking forward to meeting some fellow members in person.Perhaps at the upcomming Elgin show

Hey Gary,  Photogal & I will be at the Elgin show with my sister Bev and my friend Sarah.  We will all look forward to meeting you.  It's a month from today smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
                                                                                patty

cant wait to meet a bona buddy in person.or should I say buddies.Is there a place that the forum people meet at shows? I am seeing my self with an airport sign that says. pattylovesjoe/photogal

Your rock candy baby

Well Gary,  this is a different type of venue than what we've seen Joe at before.  Our seats are front row and center.  If you have that airport sign lol we will find you.  Sarah & I will be leaving Indianola somewhere between noon and 1:00 (after work) and then it's a 5-6 hour drive for us to Wheaton (where my sister lives), then I believe Elgin is 30 minutes from her.  Photogal will be coming from Missouri.   Looking forward to it... pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  If any of you other "Illinoians"  or midwesterners have an idea let us know   smile

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

'Sup Everybody ?

RKO here...my actual name is Ron but i've been called RKO since i was 5 (long story)
Originally from "D" troit, i now reside in the "burb" of "D" troit, Macomb Township.
Been in music or music related business since 1970.
Played guitar in a few local bands from 1970-1982, then went into a semi retirement (also known as "i got married") Then a nasty divorce got me back into the music business where i have a Management/Promotion company where i manage and do booking for local acts in the metro Detroit area.
I've met a lot of people along the way...Joe, Chris Duarte, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Warren Haynes, Kid Rock, Steve Vai & Joe Satriani to name drop a few...
I'm related to Wayne Kramer (formerly of the MC5) but please don't hold that against me & if he owes any of you
money....sorry i can't help !  I 1st heard of Joe when he was in Bloodline & have been following him ever since.
Currently working on a Blues Festival this summer in the Thumb area of Michigan....
Blues on the Beach...this year featuring,  Joanna Connor, Chico Banks, Matt Besey & Big Smooth.
The loves of my life are my family, my wife Deebz, my 2 daughters Jen & Jess, my granddaughter "Mayer", my `59 Les Paul, some Johnnie walker "Blue Label" on the rocks, AND JOE CRANKED TO 11 on the stereo.

Glad to meet you all....
Have a Great Easter.
RKO

"growing older but staying immature"

http://www.myspace.com/rkomgt

Fretwork wrote:

Hi everyone.  My name is Jennifer and I'm from Wisconsin. I first heard of Joe in 2002 in the Blues News column in Guitar One.  I bought his CD that day and have been hooked ever since.

I used to be from WI, born & raised. will be moving back in a couple years.
I have that issues of GuitarOne too - w/derek trucks and John Mayer on the cover!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

26 (edited by Fretwork 2007-04-06 10:09:18)

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:
Fretwork wrote:

Hi everyone.  My name is Jennifer and I'm from Wisconsin. I first heard of Joe in 2002 in the Blues News column in Guitar One.  I bought his CD that day and have been hooked ever since.

I used to be from WI, born & raised. will be moving back in a couple years.
I have that issues of GuitarOne too - w/derek trucks and John Mayer on the cover!

November 2002 - Guitar One - "The New Guitar Heros - 10 Players You MUST know".  I have that one, but I actually think it was an earlier issue.  I'm sure we've crossed paths somewhere in the Fox cities . . .

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

Discovered Joe at the 11th Annual BB King's Blues Fest in Reno Nevada in July of 2002. Have helped work on assorted promotional efforts since that time. A small window into my world is available on myspace, www.myspace.com/61681559

Stu Craig wrote:

Discovered Joe at the 11th Annual BB King's Blues Fest in Reno Nevada in July of 2002. Have helped work on assorted promotional efforts since that time. A small window into my world is available on myspace, www.myspace.com/61681559

very cool my space stu looks like a great place to live

Your rock candy baby

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Well Gary,  this is a different type of venue than what we've seen Joe at before.  Our seats are front row and center.  If you have that airport sign lol we will find you.  Sarah & I will be leaving Indianola somewhere between noon and 1:00 (after work) and then it's a 5-6 hour drive for us to Wheaton (where my sister lives), then I believe Elgin is 30 minutes from her.  Photogal will be coming from Missouri.   Looking forward to it... pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  If any of you other "Illinoians"  or midwesterners have an idea let us know   smile

Patty/Rhonda...I'll be in the fourth row, left center with an entire entourage (well, 6 of us anyway). Sounds like we'll be close. I'll have my wife and two daughters, and two of their friends with me. Can't wait to see you both.
Gary...I lived in Algonquin for 13 years before moving to Crystal Lake. Hopefully we get to meet.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Patty/Rhonda...I'll be in the fourth row, left center with an entire entourage (well, 6 of us anyway). Sounds like we'll be close. I'll have my wife and two daughters, and two of their friends with me. Can't wait to see you both.
Gary...I lived in Algonquin for 13 years before moving to Crystal Lake. Hopefully we get to meet.

Bill,  It will be great to meet your wife & daughters...so looking forward to it......I can't wait cuz I Know Where I Belong.......at a Joe concert extravaganza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
They'll probably have to glue my butt to the seat to keep me in my chair... lol

Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Bill S wrote:
pattyluvsjoe wrote:

looking forward to it

Your rock candy baby

Hey Bill,

Looking forward to meeting your whole gang! Time for more Bonaphotos!

See you on the 5th!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

I was introduced to Joe by a friend (Carmona) who saw him when he was 11 or 12 years old.  He said if he ever comes to the south you got to see him.  Well in 2002 Joe was playing a private gig for a radio station in Greenville, SC.  I got some free tickets and we drove down from Charlotte, NC and the rest is history.   We have traveled all over to see Joe perform and have seen him grow in popularity as each year passes.  We have met some great fans over the years at the shows and on the forum. 

I have been married for 31 years, have two children, 22 and 18.  I have worked for IBM for 28 years and originally from Atlanta.  I have lived in GA, FLA, SC, VA and now NC.  My first concert was Led Zep in Mar. of 1970.  Saw the Allmans Brothers numerous times with Duane, and was invited to the big house on several occasions when in college.  Music has always been a big part of my life even though I don't play an instrument.  Have been tons of different shows over the years and in different venues, time doesn't allow to post but Muddy Waters was indeed a highlite in the mid-seventies.  Also saw Ray Charles, with Albert King, Freddie King and BB King back in the early seventies at a Blues Festival in Atlanta.  Oh yeah, we went to the Cream 2005 reunion concert at the Madison Square Garden which was electric!

Look forward to some more great shows with you guys down the road...

Music is good for the Soul...

Jane H. wrote:

Hey maybe now some of you guys who posted your intros here can cut and paste them in a new topic for your own if you want.

(and Shredit, for the record I don't have any claims to Bonametal besides being the first, I just repeated it so many times in excitement smile )

Well then, I'm going to have to enjoy the name as well! I think it's the coolest one yet. Just got off the phone with JDAWG, you have left a great impression on him. The dudes cool, we got a lot in common, music, baseball, etc.

Peace Shredit