Topic: Introductions

04/04/07

This forum heading was added in order to allow newcomers to the Joe Bonamassa Community to introduce themselves, let us know where they are from and what brought them to this website.

Also, it will give "old timers" a chance to welcome them and let them know that we are excited to see them on the Joe Bonamassa Forum.

Since we are just getting this started, it might be nice for some forum regulars to start off the introductions and get the ball rolling.

As usual, please bring your manners with you when you come in.

Welcome! big_smile

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

2 (edited by gsj 2007-04-04 16:15:21)

Re: Introductions

Ok, I like this idea. So, I've checked that I have my manners with me wink I'm Geoff and I live in Maldon, Essex, England. I've been a fan of Joe's for some time and it's all Angelas fault smile I'd like to say "Hi" to all of you that are just discovering what a fantastic talent Joe is.....the rest of us have known for some time. You'll find that Joe's as passionate about his fans and what we think as he is about his music, something that you don't hear of too often nowadays. You'll also find a wealth of knowledge of all things musical here and there are also quite a few of us that play guitar, so technical questions usually end up with way too many replys smile Welcome to the family that is 'Joe Bonamassa'.....enjoy your stay.
Geoff

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

I like this idea too!
Hey guys.  My name is Conner and I was born and raised just outside of Boston, Ma(Go Sox!).  I am currently a Music Education Major at Berklee, so Yes I have devoted my life to music!  I first heard about Joe through a friend.  He showed me The intro to A New Day Yesterday from the live DVD and I was completely and utterly hooked on Joe Bonamassa, and still am!  listen to him everyday.  Hes the best Enjoy his music! 
Peace All,
Conner

Fender '62 reissue Stratocaster, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio(Stock), Marshall JCM900 100W Head, Original 1972 Carvin 4/12 Cabinet,Ibanez Ts9 Reissue, Keeley Compressor, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox Wah

4 (edited by kwsjb1238 2007-04-04 16:43:42)

Woah!!!!  TWO new sections of the board!!!!!  nice!! 

Anyways, my name is Scott I currently reside in Tampa, Florida and am a student at the University of Tampa... I play guitar religiously (meaning pretty much every free second of my time here smile )... I got turned onto Joe by my best friends dad- he burned me a copy of ANDY (don't worry- I went out and bought the actual CD at one of Joe's concerts) and I absolutely fell in love with it- that was and still is the sound that I was hearing in my head as the ultimate guitar player- and I finally found him... after being on the board for a while and talking with Joe a few times, I realized that he is the most humble and down to earth person I've ever met- absolutely amazing when you take into account all the skill he possesses... Welcome to the board- it's a lot of fun here- as gsj said, there are a lot of guitar players here so if you have any technical questions they really do get answered and debated over and over and over (sometimes even including a post or two by the man himself smile

Enjoy your time here- we look forward to meeting you!

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Hey Everybody,
     My name is Patty and I live in Indianola, IA which is basically in the middle of the United States.  I have a music degree and work in a bank....makes sense, huh? lol I am eternally grateful for the moment I found Joe Bonamassa in Barnes & Noble Bookstore and still can't believe there was a concert in Iowa not long after that.  Joe, I fell in luv with ya' that first time I saw ya'. wink I wholeheartedly luv being a crazed-obsessed Joe-Fan smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile and I luv the Smiley Pies !  I feel blessed to have contact with so many wonderful people on this forum.  It has been a blast to meet some of you at Joe shows and I hope I see you everytime Joe is in the midwest.   Rhonda, we have had some fun!!!  250 Jello shots named after Joe, Mark & Bogie....how delightful...and who else could supply me with 100's of Joe pictures to look at! lol   Lee & Bill are as obsessed as I am and are two very kind spirited individuals. And in some of my downside moments "angels" on the forum have been there with words of encouragement. and lifted my spirits......thanks again......Have the time of your life being a Joe fan....a Mark fan....a Bogie fan.....and special thanks to Donnie, Dave, Aaron, and Shaggy for making all the wheels spin....... You all are the BEST OF THE BEST!!!!!!  And warm thanks to Joe for sharing all of this with us.   pattyluvsjoe

P.S.  When I turned 50 last year I decided to go ahead and say it all......let your heart speak....life's too short not to share it........Yes.....Joe,Mark,Bogie,Donnie,Dave,Aaron, and Shaggy  I will be "wound up" in Elgin........  Luv ya' all smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Hi Everyone!

My name is Rhonda.....and I am a recovering Bonaholic.......Problem is that I keep relapsing. All kidding aside, I live about an hour south of St. Louis on historic Route 66. I have a BA in Photography and a Masters in Education, and I am currently working for a university. 

I can usually be found at Joe shows in the company of that crazy Patty who posted above me. And yes Patty, we have had some Christmas cheer fun topped off with reindeer antlers! I am working on a few new jello shots and will create one in your honor, Bonadiction or Bonasicle perhaps? lol. 

I enjoy spontaneous roadtrips, photographing concerts, Cardinals baseball, making fresh salsa and meeting new friends from this forum. I have met some great people from this forum; Patty, Lee and his girlfriend and Bill S., I can't wait till we can all take in a show again.  I am looking forward to future shows and meeting others from the forum.

I first heard of Joe on the KWS forum. I went to see B.B. King for his 80th birthday concert in St. Louis and KWS opened for B.B. along with Joe. From then on I was hooked!

Joe, Bogie, Mark, and crew...keep on doing what you do best, giving us fans something to talk about! Joe, please don't forget to play the slide guitar for us from time to time, I sure do miss it! I am looking forward to the new CD, and what you have to share with us.

I love all of you Bonaholics!

~Rhonda smile

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Hey Y'all,

I live in Gnashville and run my own studio during the day and gig whenever I can to maintain my sanity. I heard about Joe just earlier this year whilst gigging on lower Broadway downtown when one of the patrons commented on my playing and said "you must like Joe Bonamassa?"  to which I replied I'd never heard of him. He scribbled Joe's web address on a napkin and gave it to me. I first bought the Rockpalast DVD and was hooked....Joe's a true tone monster....the cds soon followed. Since I started playing in '71 and my big influences were Clapton, Page and Gibbons it's easy to see how Joe's playing would interest me.

"why isn't the number "11" pronounced "onety one"???....S. Wright.

8 (edited by Bill S 2007-04-04 22:59:15)

Awesome idea for the new heading...I like it.
My name is Bill and I live in Crystal Lake, Il., which is about 40 miles NW of Chicago. I work in downtown Chicago, so I spend 5 or 6 days a week commuting.
I've been a Joe fan since December of 2004, when I was given a ticket 2 hours before showtime by a friend. Sometimes I wonder how different things would have been if I hadn't been there to answer my phone, or if I had other plans for that evening. Instead I walked out of this 500 seat theater with my mouth hanging open, wondering "who is this guy and why have I never heard of him before"? Bonabaptized, as some people here say. I started to tell everyone I knew about Joe, the most amazing guitarist I've ever seen (and at 50 years old, that covers a whole lot of territory). Then I found this site and the great fans and great people who had the same affliction that I had! And they understood standing in line for 2 1/2 hours in the snow, so that you could be close to the stage, they understood seeing Joe 3 times in four nights, they understood 2 hour drives (or more) to see a show.
Anyway, if you're new to this site, welcome. We're glad you're here.
In all likelihood, you have been hit by the same thunderbolt that struck the rest of us. If you haven't seen Joe, Mark and Bogie live, head directly to the tour date section of this site. Find a show nearby and get a ticket. Better yet, get a few tickets and bring a few friends. You will not be disappointed.
Bill S.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

9 (edited by Marianne 2007-04-05 04:21:37)

Hi everybody,

My name is Marianne , I'm 23yrs old (turn 24 on May the 15th).
And I'm a Bonaholic (like Rhonda calls it wink )

I live in a small city that's called Zwijndrecht (nearby Rotterdam) in Holland.
I work in a hospital as a nurse on cardiology department. Where it sometimes can be verry busy.  hmm

I discovered Joe 2 years ago when he was opening for BB in Rotterdam and loved him eversince. The second time I saw him was 1 year later when he was with BB again on BB's farewell tour. That was the around the same time I discovered this website.
I found out after Joe has done a tour in Holland,I missed it completely (was an holiday)and that was a bummer for me.To comfort myself I started to buy all Joe's cd's and I can't wait untill the new one comes out.

Than I  went to see him in Brussels this year in Februari and met with  Annelies and Michael   by means of this forum. We had a great evening and stood right in front of the stage. From that moment a knew I had a serious problem, I got addicted.

I think the only solution for this,is to see Joe and his guys (mark & Bogie) as many times as possible. Unfortunally the show in Antwerp got cancelled. But I really hopes he will be back soon (holland/belgium) so i have the chance again to enjoy his music and hopefully get a chance to have a little chat and make some nice pictures.(like we did after the show in brussels)

Welcome to  all of you new members on this forum.
Hope you have/will enjoy Joe ,Mark and Bogie playing. I know I have done in the past and will continue doing in the future.

Greetz and xxx Marianne

10 (edited by Shredit 2007-04-05 20:43:45)

Hello Joe friends,

My name is Dave and live in Roseville outside of Sacramento. I'm a 49 year old music junkey. I grew up in the San Francisco bay area, was raised on Motown music at a very young age by older siblings. My first gig so to speak was at Golden Gate Park in the "summer of love" in 1968. I realized right then , that rock and roll was it for me. Since that early time in life I've been drawn to guitar players. I'm got a habit of playing guitar
solos over and over, drives my wife Debbie nuts! Tried guitar lessons, a handicap at a young age with my left hand squashed me dreams of playing. I've been to about 300 gigs in my life, and picking up steam as we are now empy nesters.
I discovered Joe's music by accident on this computer. I was looking for someone new to fix my addiction to blues and rock guitarist. Not known for being much of a computer guy, I found Joe's name as a reference to Robin Trowers style of music. This was Oct. of last year. I bought " Blues Deluxe". Being blown away is a understatement, Since then I have bought everything Joe has out and flew to Seatle to see him two nights in a row in Dec.
I'm a this computer every day to read what you guys put out.

If your new to the forum "WELCOME"  I'm looking forward to your post
P.S. I know Jane H. is " BONAMETAL" if I used it in a earlier post I'm sorry, I just like the sound of it!

Hey Everybody:

My name is A.J.- I live in Cary Illinois and I first discovered Joe by way of John Mayer, believe it or not- I think in 2004? Anyway, the first song I heard was Blues Deluxe in my car and at exactly 3:59 minutes into the song when Joe hits that wailing high note? Yeah- I went off the road. No, really... I ended up on the shoulder of the road because I couldn't believe what I was hearing, so after I got it together and put in in "Park", I had to play that mother again!! lol. smile Joe's Cd's should come with a warning! I'll never forget it, I was hooked right then and there. I was lucky enough to see him in concert about a month after, and meeting him that first time (and all of the times after that- and I HAVE travelled) was truly a pleasure- he even sits and reads every card and picture my kids make me give him when he comes to town, because they love him, too- oh and the kid on the sidebar? Is my (then) 4 year old son picking up his first guitar and wanting to be just like his favorite guitar player smile Last year I took my kids to see him in concert and I think they talked about him nonstop for about 2 weeks. He was so kind to them, he gave my son the pick he played with during his show, and gave them all calendars and picks and autographs, it was great- and he even recognized my son! My little guy was starstruck, it was so cute- so yeah.... needless to say, Joe is a great guy.

Welcome to all the newcomers on the board, I'm so happy to see so many joining this year, it means that Joe's music is affecting people and that's awesome... keep getting the word out, Join the Street Team, go to his shows and bring your friends! C'mon, it'll be fun to watch their jaws hit the floor when he comes out on stage!

And one last thing:  JANE IS BONAMETAL!!! smile

Hello Bonabuddies and welcome to all the newbies. I'm 57 (58 on May15th, same b-day as Marianne!), and I too am an RN. Like Jane and Carl, I am one of Joe's fans from Maryland. I live close to where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Susquehanna River.  Music has always been a part of my life. Right when I thought there wasn't going to be any one who could dazzle me, along came Joe!!! Still cautious, I bought everything he had done, and, was thrilled that there was NO bad Joe!!! I came to the forum after Rolling Stone outraged me by omitting Joe from their top 10 players list. I've stayed because the people here "get it". I too come here often and have true affection for my fellow bonamaniacs!!! Thanks to all.....Cathy

Hello to all my fellow Bona-maniacs! My name is Nancy (duh) and I'm not from Chicago per se. I live in Wheeling which is a suburb northwest of Chicago. I've worked in healthcare all my life and am currently an IT project manager for a major healthcare corporation on the north shore. I'm a very young 52 years old.

I fell in love with Joe and his music back in 2001 when my husband and I were waiting to see Los Lobos and happened to catch the opening act. Which was a power trio featuring this guitarist that after one song left us standing there with our mouths hanging open saying "who is this guy?" We've been devoted fans ever since.

What keeps me devoted (besides the incredible music that never gets old no matter how many times I hear it) is that Joe is so open to his fans and so passionate about his music and how it's presented.

Keep rocking, Joe, and I'll keep rocking right along with you! big_smile

I'm just saying.

Hi everyone!  I'm Barry, from Fort Worth, Texas and I'm a very young 56 years old.  I first saw Joe when he opened for George Thorogood at Billy Bob's and Joe blew George away, as well as, everyone that was there that night.  I'm normally with my great friends Kevin and Janis.  Yes, that's right, I'm single yikes)  Have seen Joe many times, several in Ardmore, OK and even drove to Maryland where I got to meet Jane at the festival there.

Barry

Love, Peace, Beatles and JOE!!!

15 (edited by NPB_EST.1979 2007-04-05 11:31:09)

HI Everyone:
Here's some stuff others may or may not know about me:

first time i saw joe: 2004
times seen: 5 or 6?
met in person after a show: 3 times
signatures: on my strat
Favorite JB moment: Takin' a Hit solo - (guitar/bass solo)

been playing guitar since:1994
guitar collection: 2 gibsons, 2 Fenders...ah hell just ask me about it
amplifier: Rivera R55-12 combo all tube

early influences:
randy rhodes, brian may(queen), ace frehley (kiss) , and Steve Clarke (Def Leppard)& Eddie vanHalen

teen influences:
DeLeo brothers (STP), Slash, Angus Young, Dave Grohl, & Kenny Wayne Shepherd

current influences:
Joe Bonamassa, John Mayer, Pete Yorn, Buddy Guy, Zakk Wylde

other interests:
Fishing, hunting, motorcycles, apple computers
Buiding Franken-fenders off ebay parts.
Coaching football, & a GreenBay packer fan as well.
Currently getting my Master of Fine Arts degree in Graphic Design.

Career goal: Make it to 1000 posts on Joe Bonamassa's discussion forum. BONAMETAL! Oh yeah, and win the lottery.

Nice to meet you all!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hi everyone.  My name is Jennifer and I'm from Wisconsin.  I am 29--same as Joe.  I am a guitar instructor and teach over 50 private guitar lessons each week.  I've played guitar since the age 12, but really got hooked in my early twenties.  I first heard of Joe in 2002 in the Blues News column in Guitar One.  I bought his CD that day and have been hooked ever since.  My influences are Buddy Guy, Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Robert Johnson, and of course, Joe.

Nice to meet everyone!

"There is nothing to it.  You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself."---Johann Sebastian Bach

17 (edited by kwsjb1238 2007-04-05 14:45:42)

Happy BONAMETAL Jane!!!!  I hope I can reach that milestone someday!... smile

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Jane H. wrote:

I AM BONAMETAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Priceless
Made me smile again.

Just got home after a long long day in Edinburgh (what a lovely city) and have got through several JB albums at metal bending volume all the way down the M74 and M6.

Just thought you guys should know.  smile