Topic: Oh, My

http://www.ribamerica.com/Indianapolis_Entertainment

RibAmerica Fest on Monday, September 3, 2007, at Military Park in Indianapolis, IN:  Joe AND Buddy Guy, same place, same day!  Joe at 3:30, then Buddy at at 6:00 (times are approximate, as I am too utterly awed at the prospect of this show to remember exactly what I just read).  I don't care WHAT is going on that day or the next day, how long or what time or I have to drive, by myself or otherwise... I AM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It would be a sacrilege to miss such a thing; the meeting of these two perfect guitar-based blues rock worlds!!!  Oh, my!!  Can't wait!

"The Blues is like a tonic for all that ails you."  BB King

Rock ON & Keep the Faith!

Re: Oh, My

Melissa!!! I'm psyched for you!!! We all get to have our turns when the "Boys" return!!!!

I will definetly give that show concideration! How bout you Donna?? Thats right in your neighborhood.

Rob

All my tears they fell like rain, cant you hear them falling?
Led Zeppelin: Since I been Loving You

Wow, thats amazing. I had known that Joe would be there, but now hearing that Buddy Guy is also there, thats incredible.  That will be a very good day.

ugh...its on Labor Day.  Im standing up in a wedding that weekend, otherwise I'd make the drive!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

6 (edited by Guitgator 2007-04-03 21:26:41)

Cool....only 4 hours away!.... I gigged at Ribfest America there on July 4th two years ago...very cool grounds.

Melissa wrote:

RibAmerica Fest on Monday, September 3, 2007, at Military Park in Indianapolis, IN:  Joe AND Buddy Guy, same place, same day!  Joe at 3:30, then Buddy at at 6:00 (times are approximate, as I am too utterly awed at the prospect of this show to remember exactly what I just read).  I don't care WHAT is going on that day or the next day, how long or what time or I have to drive, by myself or otherwise... I AM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It would be a sacrilege to miss such a thing; the meeting of these two perfect guitar-based blues rock worlds!!!  Oh, my!!  Can't wait!

"why isn't the number "11" pronounced "onety one"???....S. Wright.

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for the relay of info.  I remember a long time ago you expressing how Buddy Guy was your ultimate bluesman until a certain someone came along...:) I'm wondering if you know when Joe and Buddy last played together?? I only know of when Joe was real young.  I think it would be way cool if they played "Man of Many Words" together. It seems really likely that they'll jam together, don't you hope?

Melissa wrote:

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Info on Buddy's Legends and for those going to Crossroads, check out the last paragraph.

"First Things First: An Update on the New Location

As May 31st approaches, which is the date the current lease is up at Legends, questions are pouring in on the status of our move. Please be assured that the club will NOT be closing! While a new location is still in the works, Legends will continue to do business at 754 S. Wabash Avenue until the new site is ready to open. As always, thank you for your patience and concern, and come on down for some blues!

Thank you to everyone who voted! Buddy Guy's Legends was once again ranked the #1 Blues Club in Chicago by AOL CityGuide!

TODAY'S CHICAGO BLUES BOOK RELEASE PARTY

Karen Hanson, a long-time Buddy Guy's Legends fan, celebrated the release of her latest book on February 23rd at the club. Today's Chicago Blues is an in-depth guide to Chicago's blues clubs large and small. Unlike typical guide books, Today's Chicago Blues visits lesser- known clubs all over Chicagoland. There is also a very nice section about Legends! The book is available through Lake Claremont Press: www.lakeclaremont.com

LEGENDS OFFERS MORE ENTERTAINMENT AT LUNCH!

As you may (hopefully) be aware, Buddy Guy's Legends is open for lunch Monday through Friday starting at 11:00 AM. For years now, Tuesdays have been graced with the musical stylings of Harmonica Hinds from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM and the Wednesday crowd has been getting serenaded by Urban Djin from noon until 3:00 PM. Thursdays will now have Lurrie Bell as the live musical entertainment from noon until 2:00 PM. Lurrie Bell plays regularly at the club and Legends is happy to have him play even more often.

Lunch is now a more perfect time to get some live entertainment during the day. To celebrate the addition to our weekday lineup, print out this email and give it to your bartender or server when you come into lunch in the month of April and receive a complementary non-alcoholic beverage with your meal. Hope to see you soon!

COMING ATTRACTIONS:

° Blues Fest will be June 7-10 this year in Grant Park. As always, Buddy Guy's Legends will have its own exciting lineup of music the whole weekend. Brunch will also be on both Saturday AND Sunday this year! Look out for more updates in the coming months.

° Eric Clapton announced last week that his Crossroads Guitar Festival will be taking place at Toyota Park in Bridgeview, IL on July 28th. Rolling Stone Magazine reports in their April 5th issue that, "Although Clapton rarely plays club gigs, he says he's likely to take Guy up on an invitation to jam throughout the week preceding the show at the Chicago blues hero's Legends." Needless to say, things at Legends will be lively. Look out for more updates as the months roll along."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0104601961

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

zosozep7 wrote:

I will definetly give that show concideration! How bout you Donna?? Thats right in your neighborhood.

Rob

Yes, Rob...it's about 20 minutes from my house.  I'll be there all weekend!  Email me if you're thinking of coming to town for this! 

Guitgator...I've been going to Ribfest for a couple of years now.  Maybe I heard you!

Great musicians have a language & vocabulary that transcends the usual barriers & touches us on a more primitive , basic & yet complex level....

...I'll always have London in my heart, and in my soul...