Topic: shepherds Bush

Great player, great sound,great gig.

Crap support, Crap sound, and big nose with the tea cosey hat, try standing still for 2 minutes.

Re: shepherds Bush

This was the 4th time I've seen Joe and he just gets better - descibing this as great is a massive understatement.

The performance of "Woke up Dreaming" was the most stunning piece of the night.

This was the largest venue I've seen Joe playing in and not to my liking. A crowd of 2000 just looses some of the atmosphere for me but I guess that's the price you pay for popularity. The sound system did leave a lot to be desired and I thought the support Stone Sole River were actually rather good.

On the next tour, skip London, save me the air fares and get back to some smaller venues so that the real fans can appreciate just how good you really are.

Sorry
But I disagree about the support acts, Sound for them was poor, thats true.

Scott Mckeon is worth a look, yes he's young and raw, but worth a look.
Stone sole River are OK, last night they did not seem to get going despite the posturing of the guitar player, they were good on the Autumn tour last year and again, worth a look.
They need a vocalist and a second guitar player, but thats my opinion.

Top marks to Joe for giving them the exposure.

Cheers.........Tony

Only saw one support: Stone River Thingy - seen them before. They remind of a six form band from the 1970s trying to do Rush or some such tosh. JB was great, even better than last year's Borderline gig. The sound was very good by the Bush's crap standards. What an awsome drum solo! FIVE STARS!!!! :-)

PS. Note to the venue: raise the friggin stage!

5 (edited by pursmon 2007-03-30 06:01:19)

Awesome-brilliant JB the new SRV.
Agree the support  stone river lacked umph. see them in Frome last year .not impressed
but agree JB given them good exposure
Frome was up front and personel. hope JB dosn,t go
too mainstream playing to wembly style crowds,mind you he deserves it,but wouldn.t  like to see him to lose that
personal up close,in yer face that most Blues dire hards lovers like me prefer
If you havn't got already got, buy the "New day yesterday" DVD. AND WHACK IN ON YOUR SURROUND SOUND FULL PELT.like being there last night all over again. Got it from JB's site in USA about £20.Best DVD value buy to date.

ALL IN ALL A GREAT PERFORMANCE FROM A GREAT GUITAR VIRTUOSO
Keep it up JB-ALWAYS A FAN

Joe tore up London last night!

He was mighty proud to be playing to 2000 fans in London  and was as good as ever.

Those who, in the past, have questioned Joe, Mark, and Bogey need not have worried. They ARE tight.

It is true that some of the "personal touch" smaller venues can give was lost a little, but it was awesome being able to share

such a marvelous experience with so many.

Joe and the band ARE the best and it is a shame when any other band has to open a show, no matter how hard they try to impress

they are in a no win situation. The crowd just want Joe, Joe, Joe.

Now what's to do with the rest of our lives, Just have to wait for the next time ...................

Awesome, the Power of Joe.........

briJBfanUK wrote:

He was mighty proud to be playing to 2000 fans in London  and was as good as ever.

Those who, in the past, have questioned Joe, Mark, and Bogey need not have worried. They ARE tight.

It is true that some of the "personal touch" smaller venues can give was lost a little, but it was awesome being able to share

Joe and the band ARE the best and it is a shame when any other band has to open a show, no matter how hard they try to impress

Now what's to do with the rest of our lives, Just have to wait for the next time ...................

thanks  briJBfanUK....your post warms a person heart and your experience is exactly what I would feel myself...."He tore up London....he was mighty proud....good as ever..they are tight....it was awesome being able to share...marvelous experience with so many....crowd just want Joe,Joe,Joe...." and the sweetest phrase of all to me......"Now what's to do with the rest of our lives....." 
      thanks again for the post   luv ya'  pattyluvsjoe smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:
briJBfanUK wrote:

thanks  briJBfanUK....your post warms a person heart and your experience is exactly what I would feel myself...."He tore up London....he was mighty proud....good as ever..they are tight....it was awesome being able to share...marvelous experience with so many....crowd just want Joe,Joe,Joe...." and the sweetest phrase of all to me......"Now what's to do with the rest of our lives....." 
      thanks again for the post   luv ya'  pattyluvsjoe smile

I look forward to the day when Joe is the headliner at the Royal Albert Hall!

Music is good for the Soul...

Joe and the boys were nothing short of awsome!! The venue sucked but that didn't matter - I was in the same room as Joe and he was on fire!!! Can't wait for my third visit to a Joe gig. smile smile smile

never give up, never slow down
never grow old, never ever die young

Thanks and welcome to all of you that are new. It is proof that Joe is the BIG name and doesn't need to ride any one's coat tail. He is also pioneering the way for Blues/Rock music of the future. Giving smaller, lesser known bands opportunities to open for him is a prime example! We all wish him to become better known and appreciated but the price we'll pay is larger, less personal venues. Again, thanks for keeping your Bona-buddies over here up to date. Love to you all......................Cathy

i was there last night, first gig of his i went to.. im only 17 but i cant get enough of his music. im went with my dad and due to his "grandpar-ish-ness" we ended up with seated seats on the second level, i got there early so we got as good seats as possible.. sorry to anyone behind me if they thought there was a lad having a fit but i was just lost in the music!
the warm-up acts were alright, but the first band had everything WAY too loud, and the EQing of the PA was wrong all night, too much bass and lower mid. BUT.. it sounded awsome from where i was, i play blues guitar myself and joes playing just hit every spot for me, his knowledge of scales and modes is un-believable and his playing just wants u to get up on stage with him aswell. His use of dynamics through the night was immense, with great control of the guitar used in the violin-esk solo parts, so quiet you could breathe louder. his line up of guitars was of course top-notch and his stage crew were awsome to keep the show rolling along at such a pace. Shame he didn't do "highwater everywhere" as its his only song that i can play all the way through! lol would have been nice to see how he performs it...
Overall i think my £15 was VERY well spent, and bunking a day of school to get there early wasnt a problem for me either... i suppose all ive got to do now is get some more tickets for his shows, let my valves warm up in my amp, grab the SG and get practicing... maybe one day ill be half the player that man is
cheers

dan

This was my first Joe bonamassa gig, and wow! I wasnt dissapointed it blew me away, re the support bands, I quite liked the first band, but the second band, I have to agree songs were a bit schoolbandish only my own view, but  Joe was superb, I was on the 3rd balcony due to only getting my ticket late, but it wasnt as bad as I thought, you could see all that he was doing along with the pedal work, and being a drummer myself i could watch what the drummer was doing as well, i think you get more of a vibe downstairs. but again a great gig, has anyone got a recording of it? is that true hes back in August?

Let there be drums......and there was drums

Steve0 wrote:

Only saw one support: Stone River Thingy - seen them before. They remind of a six form band from the 1970s trying to do Rush or some such tosh. JB was great, even better than last year's Borderline gig. The sound was very good by the Bush's crap standards. What an awsome drum solo! FIVE STARS!!!! :-)

Do not dis Rush you freak!

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

millhouse wrote:
Steve0 wrote:

Do not dis Rush you freak!

Yeah. I agree.
I don't particularly know much about Rush, but it's out of order to "dis" another musician. If you don't like a particular music that's fine (and a pleasure missed) but I think we should keep derogatory comments about others off the forum.....although I think on this occaision, no malice was intended.

Re Stone Sole River, my son liked them enough to be playing their opening song from Joes recent Blackpool gig on his Fender and he's too young to know Rush. He likes Joemassively, so it can't be a bad sign for SSR !!

Millhouse soba up, I paid to see Joe not some 3rd rate band who's lead singer come banjo player was so far up hes own arse he could'nt see the light.

IF THEY WILL INSIST ON PUTTING ON SUPPORT BANDS FOR CHRIST SAKE GIVE THEM A SOUND CHECK.

I paid to go to the gig i can complain.

JOE WAS GREAT THAT'S IT.

p.s. hope you got up in time for school it was a late night.

Hi, watched Joe at Shepherds Bush, great gig, an amazing talent! I also really enjoyed both opening bands, Scott McKeon and Stone Sole River.

Bigdog, it would seem the only one with his head up his arse is you!!! Where do you get off slagging people like that?!

New and upcoming bands should be given support, the same support that Joe was giving them by having them on.

If you didn’t like the sound blame the sound engineers not the band. If you don’t like the band, fine, just keep your ignorant, negative comments to yourself!

i was there too - brilliant gig.

does anyone know if a recording of this show exists? - im pretty sure i saw someone in the crowd with a recording device sticking out of his hat

I have to agree,w ith you i was there too and absolutley fantastic, one of the ebst concerts ive bene at definately

Yes, a recording does exist somewhere. When i was there i noticed the BBC lorry around the side with Joe's tour bus. Also on the forum someone (sorry i can't remember who sad) emailed the paul jones show asking about the recording and they replied saying it will be aired later in the summer.

Also there is a video of the drum solo taken by the one and only Michael Lynch which is on youtube. Just search for Bogie bowles

Matt