Topic: what does joes tweet mean??

Joe said " tonight is like christmas, im nervous , waiting for my parcel to arrive"
WOULDNT BE THE JB PROTOTYPE WOULD IT??????????????? big_smile  big_smile

Re: what does joes tweet mean??

Hmm...can't see that tweet on his timeline...perhaps he got so excited he deleted it??  tongue

He could have been talking about an anchovy pizza he just ordered though??  lol

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

I guess it means he's excited! Joe will tell us in good time I'm sure.  big_smile   cool

4 (edited by Guytron 2011-08-31 21:07:20)

Did I see a post to a 59 or 58 LP, posted by joe, that shop listed as sold???  Hmmmm....

Jay

Maybe he bought Goldie back and is adding pain and sorrow back in set list??

Self-Professed "GOLDIE" Nut-Job!!!!

JBLP #267

Does the word "Skinner" mean anything to anyone?

Haha, apart from 'Principal Skinner' off the Simpsons, I think that is the nickname for the '58 LP in the video that Joe called out in an earlier tweet...  My guess is that the 'new owner' that the Rumbleseat Music proprietor mentioned may be none other than Joe BonaGASoholic??  big_smile

Heck, if *I* had a '58 Les Paul coming in the mail I wouldn't be sleeping either...  cool

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Skinner burst coming soon.  cool

8 (edited by Spider 2011-09-01 07:40:34)

Rumble Seat Music lists the "Skinner Burst" 59 LP as being on hold.

Here's a pic of the guitar. http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6077/610 … f7f8_b.jpg

dalandan wrote:

Skinner burst coming soon.  cool

Skinner Auction House in Boston...they auction off musical instruments frequently.

???

What is Joe's Twitter account?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

What is Joe's Twitter account?

JBONAMASSA

Letter arrived this morning. Well done! Thanks!!!!

I had it... I guess I follow too many people on twitter...

Time to start UNfollowing people.

Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Spider wrote:

JBONAMASSA

Letter arrived this morning. Well done! Thanks!!!!

Oh good!

I have a bunch of oval star/airplane stickers yet, I might offer them up to forum members... All the other ones are given away!

Guytron wrote:

Did I see a post to a 59 or 58 LP, posted by joe, that shop listed as sold???  Hmmmm....

Jay

Maybe he bought Goldie back and is adding pain and sorrow back in set list??

Dude, that would make my day!

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

15 (edited by Spider 2011-09-03 09:46:35)

Joe played his "Principal Skinner" 59 LP at the House of Blues last week.

So yes JB has the "Skinner Burst"!!

Congratulations Joe!!!

Sweet! Can't think of a better home.

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

First off, I'm new to this forum.  So hello everyone.  I've been a Joe fan for quite some time now so I read through here all the time, just haven't had a reason to say much.  After reading this post I felt compelled to respond.

The first weekend in August my wife and I as well as another couple took a wine tasting trip to Ithaca.  A few years back my wife had been up there before and wandered into Rumble Seat Music, not knowing what an awesome store it was.  This time around we allotted time to go there so I could drool over all the cool vintage gear.  We ended up stopping in very early that Saturday morning and were the only people in the store.  There is a venue right next door that still had

"Joe Bonamassa" up on the marque and I asked the store clerk if Joe was playing, I knew he wasn't but I figured I might as well ask because his name was still up on the marque.  In any case we started talking about Joe's other burst that he bought there and the guy could tell I was an absolute guitar nut as well as a big Joe fan.  So I started asking about the burst they had in the glass case and the guy stood up and said, "I have a guitar you must play."  The guy walked to the front of the store, opened the glass case and handed me what I later found out was the Skinner Burst.  He set me up in the back room and let me play it and take some pictures.  As he was putting it back in the case, I asked if I could snap a shot of the serial number, which he let me.  It was 9 1951.  At that point he told me to keep an eye out on-line for the guitar as it was on-hold for a big name player and I would be stoked if I found out who it was.

Well, I've been searching the internet since then waiting to find out.  Looks like Joe has it and if that is the case I couldn't be more pleased that #1 I played a guitar that he now owns, which was the first real burst I've ever played and #2 the guy who purchased that beautiful machine is the right man to use it to it's fullest potential.

The best part is my wife and I will be traveling to Cleveland (we're from Pittsburgh) to see Joe on 10/28.  Joe if you have the guitar, please play that thing that night.  It will be nice to see it again.

Here's a little clip of me playing it.  I was so dumbfounded I couldn't even play, so please don't shoot me.  Every time I would try I would just get this stupid smile on my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUzC1UHB … re=related