Re: Beacon Theater NYC

Nice setlist. Would have liked to hear some tunes from the John Henry album but I guess we got A LOT of them in the Albert Hall DVD tongue

Too bad they didn't include Sloe Gin or John Henry, I know they could be overexposed, but I still love them!

Maybe they include them in some special release or as a bonus in only some markets, who knows.

The John Henry version he's now doing without the tuned-down guitar is very cool, liked it a lot in the BCC DVD

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

Airing on PBS in March. MPT 3/9 and 3/24.                        Cathy

will the blu ray have the same bonus tracks as the second disc on the dvd?

I can't find confirmation on that...

eiricd wrote:

I'd say that is a safe assumption. Why would they short one and not the other?

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

RickB wrote:
eiricd wrote:

I'd say that is a safe assumption. Why would they short one and not the other?

that seems logical to me as well, but still, it would be nice to see it confirmed

Rocket wrote:
RickB wrote:

Yeah! Considering the heavyweight wordsmith content of the audience, the output has been relatively paltry. One great one from an import though. I know, it's been so long you all forgot what happened and in what sequence.  wink
Rick

Not so.  Nigh on a month's worth of residual showmanship from the Beacon's Peakin' are still playing on as we speak...The weekend was captured on brain cells AND DVD and that DVD is 7 months from release...so no hurry.  To those able to attend remaining US of A and 1 Canadian show before year's end....you best get out there before this phase passes (transforms) into history...  wink
If never released on DVD, we remember...remember it all.  A memorable show awaits you...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Fastforward...And now it is March 3, 2012, and the 2 disc DVD Beacon package is coming out soon!!!  I can't wait since I was not able to attend those shows...but I can still say (and remember EVERYTHING) that we were at the RAH show on May 4, 2009 and were so happy that it came out as a 2 disc DVD set as well!  WhooHoo!  And we met Rocket there too!

Bad Kitty  cool

"Joe Rocks!" -- You can quote us on that!
Lil' Eddie and The Baaaaad Kitty
WhoodooVoodooLounge 
JBLP #26 (aged)  cool

BadKitty wrote:
Rocket wrote:
RickB wrote:

Yeah! Considering the heavyweight wordsmith content of the audience, the output has been relatively paltry. One great one from an import though. I know, it's been so long you all forgot what happened and in what sequence.  wink
Rick

Not so.  Nigh on a month's worth of residual showmanship from the Beacon's Peakin' are still playing on as we speak...The weekend was captured on brain cells AND DVD and that DVD is 7 months from release...so no hurry.  To those able to attend remaining US of A and 1 Canadian show before year's end....you best get out there before this phase passes (transforms) into history...  wink
If never released on DVD, we remember...remember it all.  A memorable show awaits you...

Rocket

Fastforward...And now it is March 3, 2012, and the 2 disc DVD Beacon package is coming out soon!!!  I can't wait since I was not able to attend those shows...but I can still say (and remember EVERYTHING) that we were at the RAH show on May 4, 2009 and were so happy that it came out as a 2 disc DVD set as well!  WhooHoo!  And we met Rocket there too!

Bad Kitty  cool

That must have been cool to be at the RAH gig

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Rocket wrote:
Michael wrote:

The Royal Albert Hall was just that ..... Royal, Grand and Epic in scale and Joe's dream that had been a 20 year journey to get to. His most epic show without any doubt and the lifelong precious moment duetting with Eric Clapton make The RAH Show truly historic and unforgettable within Joe's career.

The Saturday 5th November Beacon Theater show was much more New York style.
A brash approach with a relaxed casual feel and a real raw Joe cuttin' loose .... and again i will say it's was Joe Bonamassa's Best Live Performance Ever on Stage to date.
Second to None   cool   

So It's Like That   

............ Michael

Amazing how separately and collectively, without foreknowledge, You & Me (we knew it 3 songs in...) and his Dad and Joe himself all felt it was his best ever!!!  cool
But, a long standing remark on every iteration of Joe's Official Forum I've made is.........SO FAR!!!  smile

Rocket

So It Was Like That ......... Michael

PS .... add on ... i remember the celebrations went on into to early hour that evening, aftershow at Amsterdam Inn a few blocks up from The Beacon with Rocket Marci, Big Jeff, Spider, Jim M & Colin M, Mike,
Bill S, Lee & Renee, Joe B, Ben Jack .... much adrenilin quenched, then Me and Rocket decided to hit an all night diner near hotel until 5am for some late night wordsmithing about the world our lives the show and much more ... November 5th was Like May 4th  wink

........... Michael

PS x2  .............. The Beacon DVD    (i tolds ya)  cool

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

243 (edited by samjp4 2012-03-22 14:14:03)

Michael wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Michael wrote:

The Royal Albert Hall was just that ..... Royal, Grand and Epic in scale and Joe's dream that had been a 20 year journey to get to. His most epic show without any doubt and the lifelong precious moment duetting with Eric Clapton make The RAH Show truly historic and unforgettable within Joe's career.

The Saturday 5th November Beacon Theater show was much more New York style.
A brash approach with a relaxed casual feel and a real raw Joe cuttin' loose .... and again i will say it's was Joe Bonamassa's Best Live Performance Ever on Stage to date.
Second to None   cool   

So It's Like That   

............ Michael

Amazing how separately and collectively, without foreknowledge, You & Me (we knew it 3 songs in...) and his Dad and Joe himself all felt it was his best ever!!!  cool
But, a long standing remark on every iteration of Joe's Official Forum I've made is.........SO FAR!!!  smile

Rocket

So It Was Like That ......... Michael

PS .... add on ... i remember the celebrations went on into to early hour that evening, aftershow at Amsterdam Inn a few blocks up from The Beacon with Rocket Marci, Big Jeff, Spider, Jim M & Colin M, Mike,
Bill S, Lee & Renee, Joe B, Ben Jack .... much adrenilin quenched, then Me and Rocket decided to hit an all night diner near hotel until 5am for some late night wordsmithing about the world our lives the show and much more ... November 5th was Like May 4th  wink

........... Michael

PS x2  .............. The Beacon DVD    (i tolds ya)  cool

I am sitting here watching this for the first time.  I am only up to Mountain Time and I am just totally blown away.  I agree with Michael - this was Joe's New York RAH, and while RAH will always be an amazing show and memory of an amazing night for me and all of us who shared that fantastic night, I can see where for those who were there this was just that much more in some ways..  Joe (and his band of merry men) have raised the bar yet again musically.  I have not been able to get into Joe's stuff with Beth Hart as much as some others, but this show has made me rethink that.  John Hiatt and his voice, as well as the great Paul Rodgers just were so right for this show.  Huge kudos to the mix - it is so GOOD to hear Rick's contribution to this, and Carmine's bass is there in all its ever present glory.  And Animal fits his part, but can be oh so subtle when needed.

After this DVD makes a few more rounds on Palladia and PBS I'll probably never be able to get a ticket for one of his shows-they will be selling out in minutes.

Now excuse me while I have a fangirlie moment for the rest of Mountain Time (it's my favorite part with the haunting solo in the middle).

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I was at the Saturday show and, as I posted way earlier, it was intense. I just got one watching the hour-long Palladia "mix" (which, ugh, excluded Beth!) and during the credits, it says "Filmed on November 5, 2011." So, there ya go. smile

I will echo what the poster "Michael" said earlier: Joe's best live performance ever. So glad I could be there for it and can't wait to get my copy once the wife and I upgrade to a BR player soon.

245 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-10-10 08:49:17)

Kicking up a Past Topic for a new Post (and going Off Topic ... all to avoid a new Thread smile )

Beacon Theatre posted up a 2:10 minute video of a Joe sit down where he mentions his memorable Firsts ...

Firsts with Joe Bonamassa
https://youtu.be/KL8_70vFDN8 (BeaconTheatre) Uploaded 10/5/17

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.