Topic: Beacon Theater NYC

Too early for a roll call?

(or did I miss it elsewhere?)  big_smile

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

Re: Beacon Theater NYC

Renee and I have secured tickets to both shows.

I will be there both nights!  cool  cool

Rock ON & Keep the Wow,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

See you at both shows!

This is shaping up to be quite a weekend.

Looking forward to meeting, seeing, getting reacquainted with everyone -- enjoying some badass shows, and taking in some of what NYC has to offer.

I'm bringing a Bona-virgin, and coming with Jim Moody and Mike Williams.

The 63 days can't pass fast enough.

cool

“A friend is someone that will help you move............a TRUE friend will help you move the bodies." -- anon

6 (edited by Rocket 2011-09-10 20:16:05)

So far I have myself, Butterfly, Ben & Ben's Dad and & a somewhere near 95% sure Eva, Spider, and two unamed draft choices for Fiday's show, the same for Saturday...with a couple of unsigned free agents!
Shaping up to be the Peakin' at the Beacon highlight of the year!  Many are going on to further shows fertha on up an' down da Joe Bonamassa Always On the So Many Roads!!!!!!!  cool

Gonna Rock That Place, Oh Yeah I Gots Da Faith, Mon!
Rocket

62 and counting down..............................................................

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Looks like I'm going to miss the shows, feeling depressed, oh well. Looking forward to some nice video as well as the DVD shoot. You all have a blast!

Shred

Shredit wrote:

Looks like I'm going to miss the shows, feeling depressed, oh well. Looking forward to some nice video as well as the DVD shoot. You all have a blast!

Shred

sad  Me depressed too...But in my heart, You will be there in Unseen High Spirit, bro!  wink

Rock ON & Gently Keep the Faith,
Rocket

60 days.....
cool  cool

Rocket wrote:

So far I have myself, Butterfly, Ben & Ben's Dad and & a somewhere near 95% sure Eva, Spider, and two unamed draft choices for Fiday's show, the same for Saturday...with a couple of unsigned free agents!
Shaping upmto be the Peakin' at the Beacon highlight of the year!  Many are going on to further shows fertha on up an' down da Joe Bonamassa Always On the So Many Roads!!!!!!!  cool

Gonna Rock That Place, Oh Yeah I Gots Da Faith, Mon!
Rocket

62 and counting down..............................................................

This should be a great show(s).  Very excited!!!  I'll make sure Eva get here!!!!  I wonder who the guest will be... it should be Warren - he's basically the proprietor of the Beacon LOL.

Ben

PS - I practically live at the Beacon Theater for concerts... there is a great Fusion Bar/Restaurant around the block from the Beacon if we wanna meet up for a cocktail before hand.

58 days.....
cool  cool

I'm sure we'll be up for meeting for cocktails.

Arriving in NYC at noon on 11/4. To the hotel to stretch out and freshen up, then it's over to the area around the venue for food, cocktails, fellowship, and other various hijinks before the show.

Saturday we plan on seeing a few things around NYC... then showtime, and then probably hit the various hijinks a bit harder since there will be nothing to remain fresh for on Sunday morning..... other than travel.

50 days......
cool  cool

...not like I'm counting or anything....

Wonder what the weather will be like in NYC at that time?  Shorts / T-shirts or pants & coats?

Cheers!

Jane H. wrote:

oh sure Phil, yeah bathing suit weather. leave the long pants and coats at home for November in NYC......  roll
seriously i am not from there but i think you would want a coat/jacket as well as some short sleeve shirts along with long sleeve/sweater/Joe hoodie. those of us who are hot blooded may get heated more than others but it would be odd for it to be too hot for a pair of jeans or long pants. it would not be odd though to have high 70s or  low 40s in degrees F, or everything in between

Thanks, Jane.

14 (edited by Rocket 2011-09-19 10:23:43)

The weather in New York that time of year could actually be shorts and t shirts weather! But wearing shorts half way into fall will get you targeted as "tourist deluxe", which may be neither bad nor good, just ID'ed not local.  (Wear a sailor suit and ID'ed as not local is a great thing!  wink  lol ) Or the weather may be rain.  Even snow flurries. Or just plain cold. Or sunny, mild, and calm.  New York is a very windy city, moreso than Chicago even.  The tall buildings of Manhattan can buffer the wind or sometimes make it even stronger, faster, and harder.  Boy Scouts Honor-be prepared (for anything)!

Sorry Ben, Warren Haynes is out of town the 4th and 5th.  Same with Vince Gill if anyone was thinking he might pop in...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

45 days.....
cool  cool

pcornell wrote:

45 days.....
cool  cool

Uh huh!  cool  cool

Rocket wrote:

The weather in New York that time of year could actually be shorts and t shirts weather! But wearing shorts half way into fall will get you targeted as "tourist deluxe", which may be neither bad nor good, just ID'ed not local.  (Wear a sailor suit and ID'ed as not local is a great thing!  wink  lol ) Or the weather may be rain.  Even snow flurries. Or just plain cold. Or sunny, mild, and calm.  New York is a very windy city, moreso than Chicago even.  The tall buildings of Manhattan can buffer the wind or sometimes make it even stronger, faster, and harder.  Boy Scouts Honor-be prepared (for anything)!

Sorry Ben, Warren Haynes is out of town the 4th and 5th.  Same with Vince Gill if anyone was thinking he might pop in...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

Maybe wearing shorts in parts of Cali in the fall will brand you a tourist deluxe but not in Upstate NY. Now NYC is a whole other country into itself.... Just be prepared for cold or wet or even warmth. No sailors suits as it's not Fleet Week in NYC then but early xmas shoppers will be out. Early November can bring almost any kind of weather in Upstate NY. Those driving to the Upstate shows, please be careful driving as the roads tend to be slippery, full of deer, leaf lookers and hunters in late fall.

Rocket, you've been in Dago too long Brother!

Yeah I plan on both Beacon shows (in the rowdy headbangers section with Rocket) along with Ithaca and Albany. Yes I'm excited too!!!!!!  big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

Lets see, NYC in November, a no brainer.....jeans and a jacket, Joe at the Beacon.  cool

See you guys there,
fuzzy

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Jack Loves Patty Loves Joe