Topic: Just smokin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsMDEowTq-M

wow

You Can Do Anything You Want To Do

2 (edited by CarljMD 2007-03-09 17:54:25)

Re: Just smokin

That was great...if you like this track, there is an AMAZING version of it on Frank's recent "RealLive" release, recorded in Canada on or about 9/8/01.  He morphs into "She's Not There" by the Zombies/Santana, Light My Fire by the Doors, and Crossroads by R. Johnson (ala Cream-ish).  It's a 2-CD set that just smokes from beginning to end.  Saw him twice in the DC area in the last year or so and he's still got it, though the vocals on the 2nd show (first night of the new tour) weren't near up to par with the previous show...maybe he had a cold or sumfin'.   The set lists were very similiar to the RealLive tracklist so it was great to hear that.  I can jam to that "Poppy" progression for hours and never get bored.

Frank rules!

Carl

P.S.  I also chatted with him after both shows and he was really cool, down-to-earth, like a certain namesake of this forum website :-)   Definitely worth the price of admission if you like screamin' guitar tastefully played.

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

One good Frank clip deserves another. Here's a scorching version of "I'm a King Bee" but performed with the lyrics "Red House." Yowza!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIr8ZgjmoSw

Carl you got that right! I saw Frank in Santa Cruz, Ca. last Oct. on the most recent tour. As much as I dig Joe's shows I have to admit that was the best $15 I ever spent!!! 2hrs. 45 min. non stop shredfest. Even when Frank let the band break he just kept hammering us. I was never that big a fan of his, but a couple of buddies talked me into going, absolutely no regrets! I bought Real Live right after I got home and dig it every time I play it especially the Poppy track.

Rockin' in Benicia,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint