Re: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

Front Row Fred wrote:

Nice to see the Kings advance, its been along time.

Honestly, I was not surprised. After seeing them play a few times during the year I could see the talent. The only question was if they could pay attention for a full series and play full 60 minute games...they did and earned a date with the Blues. I can hear the boards rattling already.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

very sorry to see the Blackhawks go out, but just like other sports if you can't score then you have no chance of winning. Nashville is in the west division? Coyote and Predator, about the same thing aren't they?

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Also sorry to see the Hawks go out. I fear the same fate for the Caps after they didn't close it out at home.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Fingers crossed the Devils can tie the series with the Panthers tonight.
Let's go Devils yikes

In the Stanley Cup playoffs it's generally the team with the hot Goaltender that advances. Pick the team with the hottest goalie and let your money ride on them. Tim Thomas was the biggest reason the Bruins won the cup last year.

Major Tom to ground control...

Holtby has outperformed Thomas in my opinion, given what has been thrown at him.  Lundquist may be hottest right now, but that certainly could be my Rangers bias...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

RICjunkie wrote:

In the Stanley Cup playoffs it's generally the team with the hot Goaltender that advances. Pick the team with the hottest goalie and let your money ride on them. Tim Thomas was the biggest reason the Bruins won the cup last year.

Anybody that watched the Hawks/Coyotes series will know that the REALLY hot goalie right now is Mike Smith. Hawks outshot the Yotes 16-2 in the first period, 28-8 through two periods, including 17 high quality shots to 5...and went into the third down 1-0. Mike Smith won that series for the Coyotes. I hate that guy, lol.

Yeah, you're right Bill.  Bias and the fact I hate him too aside, Smith has been phenomenal.  I only saw one early game of their series and concluded the Blackhawks were goin' down. 

Rock On & Keep the Faith kept in the freezer for next year,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

81 (edited by Rocket 2012-04-25 21:41:30)

Bruins go down at The Garden!!! yikes Joel Ward overtime goal in a sudden death game 7, WOW!!!
All games by one goal...WOW!

Capitals move on....wow what a series!

Rocket

I have finished mourning the Blackhawks loss. I honestly didn't want to even hear about hockey for a day or two. Two more game 7's tomorrow.
Can't wait to see Nashville/Phoenix and Blues/Kings...predicting Nashville and St. Louis.

Congrats to the Capitals, I got to watch some but missed the winning goal. Once again some Boston fans show they are totally without any class whatsoever, unbelievable.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/bost … ans-042612

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ahsmith33 wrote:

Congrats to the Capitals, I got to watch some but missed the winning goal. Once again some Boston fans show they are totally without any class whatsoever, unbelievable.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/bost … ans-042612

How embarrassing.  Most of Boston is a little classier than that.  It was a good series.  I really don't think the Bruins had the heart to go the distance this year anyways.  Now we can concentrate full time on complaining about the Red Sox and their new manager.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

85 (edited by Rocket 2012-04-26 20:47:33)

Rangers win in 7 over Ottawa!  Now the Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers series will begin, the winner of which I predict will take the Stanley Cup...

Rocket

A late, late night last night (this morning actually!). Got home from Billy Walton Band gig at 2AM, switched on laptop and managed to get the Devils game, finally got to bed at 1/4 past 5. A real nail biter of a game but the Devils made it through, so it was worth it. Thankfully I was on holiday today.

Rocket wrote:

Rangers win in 7 over Ottawa!  Now the Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers series will begin, the winner of which I predict will take the Stanley Cup...

Rocket

Gotta disagree. I think the champ is coming out of the west. There are 4 big, string defensive minded teams with great goalies out west. All tough as nails. Whatever happens, this is going to be a great run to the cup!

Mike Smith comes up huge again and beats Nashville in game 1. Even though he gave up 3 goals, he made some crazy saves under heavy pressure. I picked Nashville in this series, but I won't be surprised if Phoenix wins. If there's a dark horse in these playoffs, it has to be the Coyotes. Can they ride Smith all the way to a title? They have to get by the Pred's first. They also need to win some games in regulation. They've played 7 playoff games and 6 have gone to OT. That will wear you down the deeper you go in the playoffs.

Go Caps! cool

My stream is 'Hockey night in Canada', which means Canadian commercials, which are slightly different. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Amsterhammer wrote:

Go Caps! cool

My stream is 'Hockey night in Canada', which means Canadian commercials, which are slightly different. wink

If the Rangers get past the Caps, they should sail through to the cup. And I'd LOVE to see NYR play NJD in the semi's. Oh how we hate the devils. Buncha punks!  wink

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!