Topic: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

Not much response from the NHL fans. Personally I'm sitting here agonizing in OT as the Sharks are facing elimination. San Jose was 15 seconds away from game 6, but NO!!!! doze hosers had to tie it up. Shazbot! we're goin to double OT!!! I'm on the edge of my seat and am fired up as much as I was in the MLB playoffs last fall as the Giants marched to the World Series. The Sharks have been this close numerous times and we're dyin' to go to the Cup.

GO SHARKS!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Re: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

OH CRAP!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board and next year. This is getting very frustrating!!!!!

Think Teal,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

OH CRAP!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board and next year. This is getting very frustrating!!!!!

Think Teal,

J Dawg

I won't watch hockey until they get rid of the fighting.

If you look up to the heavens just before the start of every Joe Bonamasaa concert you can see Stevie, Jimi, Muddy, Gary and others leaning over God’s railing jockeying for the best view. 
And if you listen, you can hear Stevie say  “ SHHhhhh,  The kids about to start playing.”

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Not much response from the NHL fans. Personally I'm sitting here agonizing in OT as the Sharks are facing elimination. San Jose was 15 seconds away from game 6, but NO!!!! doze hosers had to tie it up. Shazbot! we're goin to double OT!!! I'm on the edge of my seat and am fired up as much as I was in the MLB playoffs last fall as the Giants marched to the World Series. The Sharks have been this close numerous times and we're dyin' to go to the Cup.

GO SHARKS!!!

J Dawg

I've been keeping an eye on things from afar. To be honest, I lost interest after the Blackhawks lost to those HATED Canucks in game 7 OT. Patrick Sharp was set up beautifully in OT and couldn't elevate the shot for the win.
The Hawks sure showed me a lot after all they went through through the year...losing lots of key players due to salary cap, every game people gunning for you, injuries, what seemed to be complacency at times, and then digging a deep hole against the Canucks but ultimately coming back and taking them to the brink.

I didn't see the hit Torres put on Thornton so I don't know if it was clean or not, but he put some very questionable hits on Chicago players and IMO should have been suspended for the headhunting hit he put on Brent Seabrook. Did Thornton come back and play?

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Bill S wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

GO SHARKS!!!

J Dawg

I've been keeping an eye on things from afar. To be honest, I lost interest after the Blackhawks lost to those HATED Canucks in game 7 OT. Patrick Sharp was set up beautifully in OT and couldn't elevate the shot for the win.
The Hawks sure showed me a lot after all they went through through the year...losing lots of key players due to salary cap, every game people gunning for you, injuries, what seemed to be complacency at times, and then digging a deep hole against the Canucks but ultimately coming back and taking them to the brink.

I didn't see the hit Torres put on Thornton so I don't know if it was clean or not, but he put some very questionable hits on Chicago players and IMO should have been suspended for the headhunting hit he put on Brent Seabrook. Did Thornton come back and play?

The hit in game 4 seperated his shoulder, but he did play last night, but he admitted not very effectively.

Think Teal,

J Dawg

WhoTheHeckisThat_NowIKnow wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Think Teal,

J Dawg

roll

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Think Teal,

J Dawg

roll

I missed this the first time I read through.
Much more mayhem and damage is done in the flow of the game than occurs during any fight.
The NHL is trying to stop the headhunting, which I agree with based on all the concussions and the long term affects of hits to the head. The NHL lost one of their best players (Sidney Crosby) for a major potion of the season...the Blackhawks lost Dave Bolland (aka "The Rat") for an extended period of time at the end of the season and the start of the playoffs (personally, I believe if Bolland was healthy at the start of the Canucks series, the Hawks would still be playing hockey right now).
It's one thing to be on the IR with a body injury...quite another when it's a concussion...something that could change your life in later years.

If they eliminate fighting, guys will just find other, more dangerous ways to get back at other players.

That was a particularly memorable game 7 last night. Either the Bolts or the B's would have been worthy of the finals. As it was, the Bruins came away with a 1-0 victory. Well done, their firt appearance in the finals in 20 years. This should be a very good series between them and the Canucks!

Major Tom to ground control...

Last nights game was a classic. Being from MA would love to see the Bruins take the cup!!

Congratulations to our Boston Bruins - it's been a long time since Boston has won the Stanley Cup.  Great series, thank you Paul for all that winning ice, and that Boston water getting poured on the ice before the game certainly didn't hurt!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Great to see the original 6 still getting it done.  Of course the Red Wings have had great success over the last decade or so, but now Chicago & Boston.  Can Montreal be far behind, then Toronto?  Great season in 2011.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Think Teal,

J Dawg

Rocket wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Think Teal,

J Dawg

roll

Tip of the hat to those classy Canuck fans from the Amsterdam of Canada.....Vancouver. Obviously not that mellow when it comes to their hawkey....eh?

Think Green,

J Dawg

Congrats to Boston. Sandy, you're in the right pace at the right time...your basketball team made a run and your baseball team is trying to live up to the expectations of winning the World Series.  Maybe there is a trend here with big old cities for the NHL...Chicago, Boston..what's next Philadelphia?  smile  I'm 2 for 2 - I was rooting for Boston and I was rooting for the Dallas Mavericks to beat the Heat.  I'm not a big NBA fan, but that was exciting basketball, loving Dirk!!

jdawg-My son showed some of the photos of the Canuck fans, WOW, outrageous destruction. Apparently, they have a history of demonstrating being a poor loser, the fans rioted when they lost the Cup years back.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/va … story.html

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

I came out of the Minnesota/Canadian wilderness on Saturday and was VERY pleased to see Boston wrapped up the Cup and that the Heat was bounced in 6! Congrats to both teams and their fans!

Bill S wrote:

I came out of the Minnesota/Canadian wilderness on Saturday and was VERY pleased to see Boston wrapped up the Cup and that the Heat was bounced in 6! Congrats to both teams and their fans!

Please start a thread and post pics.  Didja fish????

BJJ
FDOL

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

bigjeffjones wrote:
Bill S wrote:

Please start a thread and post pics.  Didja fish????

BJJ
FDOL

I saw a pix of a nice walleye on fb and a mention it was shore lunch. So, yes he did. Why else go off in the mosquito infested wilds? I second the motion. Let's have it Bill. There's a bunch of us jealous types wishing we were there too.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Bringing this back up for the playoffs.

edit - adding rpic's post from the new topic he started.

edit 2 - I understand that the Black Hawks aren't likely to get very far, which kind of reduces my interest this year.

rpic wrote:

The NHL Playoffs. Nothin' like it.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith