Re: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

Wow! Somebody is listening! Torres gets 25 game suspension. I wouldn't have been satisfied with anything less than 10 and glad the NHL took this seriously. Shanahan is off my $&#% list for now.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Whatever.  The Wings are out.  The season is over.  (seriously sour grapes)

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

And the Caps made Boston's day even worse by beating the Bruins 4-3 to take the lead in the series.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Amsterhammer wrote:

And the Caps made Boston's day even worse by beating the Bruins 4-3 to take the lead in the series.

Washington Capitals defense is like a Dept. of Defense.  Bruins ability to come back impressive but when the clock is zeroed it is too late...

Rock ON & Keep the Faith on Ice,
Rocket

Listening to my Rangers presently, 2nd , down 1-zip...

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

dknight16 wrote:

Whatever.  The Wings are out.  The season is over.  (seriously sour grapes)

Sorry dknight, it's gotta be tough when your used to going so deep in the playoffs.
I may have my own sour grapes soon, but in my heart, I still think the Hawks can come back in their series.

SHARKS gone in 5......Really no surprise here,....... just disappointment.

Gotta find someone to root for cause I love the NHL!

Go C A P S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !  big_smile

Go Hawks!!! Toews comes up with HUGE goal in OT. Smith was stopping everything, but not that one...a beauty in the top left corner that hit the bottom of the pipe to force a game 6.

ohiodawg13 wrote:

OH CRAP!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board and next year. This is getting very frustrating!!!!!

Think Teal,

J Dawg

It's like deja vu all over again.......as Yogi Berra would say.

Sharkless,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

It seems like home advantage counts for little in these playoffs - or is that a wrong impression?

Flyers did the business today, but the Caps didn't...more tension, more suspense....

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

At one point not too long ago, the home teams had a record of 8-18. That was 3 or 4 days ago. Not sure where it stands now, but no advantage for home ice that I've seen yet!

66 (edited by Rocket 2012-04-23 02:02:10)

Bill S wrote:

At one point not too long ago, the home teams had a record of 8-18. That was 3 or 4 days ago. Not sure where it stands now, but no advantage for home ice that I've seen yet!

Odd isn't it Bill?!  However, I would not rule out home ice advantage next match at the Boston Garden.

Believe it! Canucks eliminated by the L.A. Kings.  Watch or for them, I suppose...or not!

Good Luck Rangers and Blackhawks...

Game ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

ps-yes I like the Bruins...and the Flyers......Holtby has been great in net despite Caps down now

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

THANKS George! wink

Amsterhammer wrote:

On behalf of Cathy's relatives, and for Angela....

GO FLYERS!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Amsterhammer wrote:

It seems like home advantage counts for little in these playoffs - or is that a wrong impression?

Flyers did the business today, but the Caps didn't...more tension, more suspense....

Home Ice advantage isn't as big of a deal as home field is in football. In football games the crowd can make quite a difference by raising a racket when the opposing offense is on the field. In hockey possession changes too rapidly and screaming your lungs off really isn't going to put the opposing goal keeper off his game. In hockey arenas it's really kind of quiet unless someone scores or there is a bit hit on the ice, or one of the refs makes a call that the crowd doesn't like.

Major Tom to ground control...

69 (edited by ahsmith33 2012-04-23 13:46:43)

Bill S wrote:

Go Hawks!!! Toews comes up with HUGE goal in OT. Smith was stopping everything, but not that one...a beauty in the top left corner that hit the bottom of the pipe to force a game 6.

that was very awesome, I'll continue to watch them and hope for the best. guess I should also pull for the Predators now, but know they probably don't have a chance in hell of getting to the finals. Would they be getting St Louis next by chance?

nevermind, I found it - thanks to the LA win at Vancouver, Preds will get the winner of Phoenix vs Chicago. neither sounds too tasty to me.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

ohiodawg13 wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

OH CRAP!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board and next year. This is getting very frustrating!!!!!

Think Teal,

J Dawg

It's like deja vu all over again.......as Yogi Berra would say.

Sharkless,

J Dawg

Very clever....very clever indeed.

And oh so true.

ahsmith33 wrote:
Bill S wrote:

that was very awesome, I'll continue to watch them and hope for the best. guess I should also pull for the Predators now, but know they probably don't have a chance in hell of getting to the finals. Would they be getting St Louis next by chance?

nevermind, I found it - thanks to the LA win at Vancouver, Preds will get the winner of Phoenix vs Chicago. neither sounds too tasty to me.

Nashville has a REALLY good team. There's been lots of talk about parity this year in the NHL. I believe it and, especially with thee teams remaining, think any one of these teams could win it all. I will continue to cheer for Chicago and if they play to their talent level I think they have as good of a chance as anyone, but I could easily see Nashville v Blues to see who represents the West.

Nice to see the Kings advance, its been along time.