Re: No Hockey Fans This Post Season???

Holy crap!!! That's one of the craziest finishes I've ever seen.
Hawks up 4-1 with about 3 minutes left and hang on to win 4-3!

The closest sweep I've ever seen!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Holy crap indeed dude ..

a WILD finish .. pun intended .. lol

.. NEXT!

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Wow that was awesome! If Minnesota won, it would've delayed the inevitable. Montreal "could" make their series interesting though with a win at home. (Stay out of the box) Nosebleed seats at Madison Square garden tonight $150. Hmmm is it worth the trip?

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

Come on hockey fans...let's see some predictions!
Rangers v Lightning
Hawks v Ducks

4 really good teams...I think the Lightning could bump off the Rangers, but its been too good of a season not to pick NY...it'll be in 7 games though.
As good as the Ducks have been, the Hawks are running 4 really good lines of late. That plus a heavy dose of "been there" should pull them through in 6 games.

Y'all know where I stand...I'm liking the Hawks to go all the way and beat whoever comes out of the east.
The Hawks team will be very different next year due to cap issues, so many of the Hawks players know this could be their last hurrah.

I'm done predicting!! I thought is was going to be Montreal Anaheim final. And now this Ranger Lightning semi is unpredictable. Home Ice hasn't mattered at all.  The only sure thing? The NHL wants Rangers Hawks final. The ratings will be up for that. Just sit back and enjoy back to back nights of game 7's.  The NBA is over right? big_smile

"Is it the new blues mobile or what?"                                                                                                                                                                                                     "Fix the cigarette lighter."

I predicted a Lightning-Ducks final with Tampa Bay prevailing back in the early fisrt round...

Nothing seems assured anymore, just the way real fans like the contests. big_smile

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Being just a 2-0 game it was pretty anti climatic. There were a few games in this series that were sort of boring. Tampa was almost playing a defensive trap the Devils used to play. The polar opposite has been the Western Conference series. It may go down as one of the best in history. If Ducks finish Hawks off, the final should be high flying wide open hockey.
And...am I the only one tiring of Mike Milbury?

Go Blackhawks!!!!!!!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

531 (edited by Bill S 2015-06-06 22:32:36)

gary wrote:

Go Blackhawks!!!!!!!!

1-1 coming back to Chicago.
The Hawks had their chances to come back up 2-0. Crawford gave up a real cheap goal and the Hawks crapped the bed on a late power play.

That said, they come back here having retaken home ice advantage.
Lots of hockey left.

Go Hawks!!

Another big win Bill.  Congrats! It must be fun. Enjoy the good time. smile

Bill S wrote:
gary wrote:

Go Blackhawks!!!!!!!!

The Hawks had their chances to come back up 2-0. Crawford gave up a real cheap goal and the Hawks crapped the bed on a late power play.

Lots of hockey left.

Go Hawks!!

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

Hawks Win !!!!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

534 (edited by Bill S 2015-06-16 19:17:37)

Angela wrote:

Another big win Bill.  Congrats! It must be fun. Enjoy the good time. smile

Bill S wrote:
gary wrote:

Go Blackhawks!!!!!!!!

Lots of hockey left.

Go Hawks!!

Thanks Angela! Yes, lots of fun...I said earlier this year, when the Hawks were in a mini slump, that I'd never underestimate this team. They never seem to play their best hockey until their backs are against the wall. What a great series, great Cup win. I couldn't be happier.
Kudos to the Lightning...that's a talented team that should be mentioned as Cup contenders for some time to come, or at least until the salary cap bites them.

2 million Chicago Blackhawks fans flooded downtown Chicago today for a parade and rally celebrating the Hawks 3rd Stanley Cup in the last 6 years.
It was absolutely nuts the number of fans that showed up. The city was awash in Red & Black and dripping with a festive atmosphere all day. It was more than a sight to see, it was a felling that had to be experienced. Go Hawks!

Well deserved Bill!

I can just imagine the downtown .. lol

Cheers Dude! .. Go Leafs!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

537 (edited by Bill S 2015-06-22 17:34:40)

Buzzy wrote:

Well deserved Bill!

I can just imagine the downtown .. lol

Cheers Dude! .. Go Leafs!  cool

smile

So is Kessel gone? Where are the Leafs drafting?
What about my favorite Leaf...is Dave Bolland sticking around?
This is a hugely talented draft (or so I hear). Lots of good players, maybe some will be left when the Hawks pick 54th...damn! Or they could trade up...Patrick Sharp anyone? Bryan Bickel?

It appears the requisite dismantling of the Stanley Cup Champs has begun yet again.
The Man-Child, Brandon Saad, has been traded to Columbus. Hawks receive average, promising, familiar and unknown in return.
Hate to see him go, but he's cashing in.

Well, pre-season has begun...any comments on the 3 on 3 OT set-up?
The Hawks won in OT last night and the 3 on 3 was a VERY strange sight...I think I like it!

540 (edited by RickB 2015-10-10 20:50:02)

San Diego Gulls, a minor league AAA farm team, has been announced as a feeder for the Ducks and been reborn.
I used to take the wife (a Minnesota gal so you can see why some hockey was ok'ed) and kids down for a cheap night out when the Gulls were playing. Got to see Bobby Hull play out his career when he visited here. A fan favorite back then, Willy O'Ree will be enshrined in their hall of fame. We remember him fondly. Look him up.
We are looking forward to the sound of skates on ice.
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2015/oct/09/ne … n-weekend/
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381